Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Four Pts Williamsburg VA - leaves Jan 31 2009 [Master Thread]

Four Pts Williamsburg VA - leaves Jan 31 2009 [Master Thread]

Old Apr 24, 2002, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Four Pts Williamsburg VA - leaves Jan 31 2009 [Master Thread]

Has anyone been to the Four Points in Williamsburg, VA? Thinking of staying there for a trip next month... I'm considering one of their two bedroom/two bath suites for $198 (corporate rate) next month, so if anyone can comment specifically on those suites, or else the hotel in general, that would be great!
Old Apr 25, 2002, 7:49 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, SPG Gold, Delta Platnium
I know this is the *Wood board... but if you can stay at Marriot, the Marriot Willamsburg is quite nice. Great indoor-outdoor swim-thorough pool. Waiter service at the pool. Very nice bar that acutually has people in it at night. And each room has a balcony, and they are quite large.

I stayed there and loved it... Plus, it is only about 5 min from Busch.

I haven't stayed at the 4points, but I know I payed less for the Marriott.
Old Apr 25, 2002, 9:04 am

Programs: DL, US
I never been inside, but I have driven by plenty of times on my way to class. The hotel is divided into 2 sections. One part is a traditional type hotel and the other is what used to be apartments. It looks like they renovated the apartment section into hotel room.

Its centrally located. Across the street from Colonial Williamsburg and about 5 miles from Busch Gardens.
Old Oct 28, 2002, 10:58 am

Programs: LH SEN , UA 1K, SPG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver, GHA Black
Stay at the Williamsburg Inn or Kingsmill Resort. It is much nicer then the Four Points.
Old Nov 12, 2002, 11:54 am

I stayed here in September to burn up a free Friday/Saturday. Staff was friendly but the room was tired and in need of some renovation. Overall stay was okay but the restaurant was terrible.

Old Nov 12, 2002, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
In Williamsburg, I usually try to get a room at the Hospitality House. It really is a great little hotel with a convenient location and superb staff. Their Papillon restaurant has a delightful breakfast buffet.

They typically have specials running that are decent deals and include meals and whatnot... just my two cents.

http://www.williamsburghosphouse.com/
Old Nov 12, 2002, 1:58 pm

I stayed at this property in January - definitely would recommend the other properties mentioned unless you really needed a Starwood stay

------------------
United 1k &MM, American Plat &1MM, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond & Mar Gold
Old Oct 17, 2004, 2:46 pm

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Any Recent Experience at 4 Pts Williamsburg?

Did a search but nothing more recent than 03. Does anyone have more recent stay experience at this property? Thanks!
Old Oct 17, 2004, 9:31 pm

Programs: 1K (I know, my screen name is outdated), Marriott Plat, *Wood Plat, Five Star, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by choptliva
Did a search but nothing more recent than 03. Does anyone have more recent stay experience at this property? Thanks!

I haven't stayed there but the place looks like a dump. Quite frankly its tough to find nice accomodations in Williamsburg. Don't stay at the Marriott Williamsburg, that place is a disaster. They are in the middle of a $23 mil renovation (it started 2 weeks ago when I was there), I suggested they begin their renovation with a wrecking ball and some dynamite. They weren't nearly as amused as I was by the comment (I had to find something to laugh about after my stay). I would strongly suggest looking at some of the higher end independent hotels/resorts.
Old Oct 17, 2004, 9:58 pm

Programs: United 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by choptliva

I stayed there approximately 4 months ago.
My three words of advice are:
DO NOT GO!!
I am a Platinum and consider this to be the worst SPG property I have ever
visited. Musty hallways, peeling paint, dirty, etc.
Motel 6 would be ashamed to call this hotel one of their locations.
Old Oct 17, 2004, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Stayed there a year ago. I was travelling with my family and hoped to be upgraded to their apartment rooms (it was a former apartment complex) but hotel was full and got a regular room. Nothing special about the property, but it's not awful -- just a bit old. Easy walking distance to Colonial Williamsburg, which is a big plus if that's on your itinerary. I recall enjoying one of the historic pubs one evening, and being able to simply walk back to my room. Probably wouldn't have gone that night had I needed to drive.
Old Oct 18, 2004, 5:44 am

Was just there about 2 weeks ago. It was only an overnight on my way through the state, but I wouldn't call it a "dump". Didn't even bother asking for an upgrade, since we were there only 11 hrs, but the room was nice enough (for a 4 Pts), big king bed with plenty of pillows. Hallways and elevator were a little aged & musty, but the room and lobby were clean and nice. The pub was fairly decent, with pool, games, karaoke, good service, and a decent crowd. Wanted to do the pool/spa, was too late once checked in. Hoipe this helps!

Robin
Old Oct 18, 2004, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, US Air Gold, Starwood Platinum
Stayed there in July. No room upgrade, though I'm a Platinum. Not a bad property, but a VERY ordinary one. Location great, but a bit musty and run-down. Restaurant very third-rate--and service impossibly slow. Worth 79$-89$ a night, perhaps--but wouldn't pay more than that!
Old Oct 19, 2004, 11:21 am

Stayed there last week and throught it was fine by 4 Points standards. However, if you don't need the stay count, then I would recommend the Hospitality House which was about $120/night and much nicer. This hotel is located across the street from William & Maryand is a short walk to the touristy shopping area of Williamsburg.
Old Oct 19, 2004, 11:43 am

Programs: LH SEN , UA 1K, SPG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver, GHA Black
I stayed there at least 6 times and I never got an upgrade. I have not stayed at many 4 Points but this one is worse then the 4 Points at LAX. I would avoided at any cost.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.