Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New [F] service enhancements to be announced soon?!? [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2007, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
New [F] service enhancements to be announced soon?!? [merged]

Only 3 more days until LH will introduce their new "enhanced" F service. I'm looking forward to reading first-hand reports.
Old Aug 29, 2007, 4:04 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by flysurfer
Only 3 more days until LH will introduce their new "enhanced" F service. I'm looking forward to reading first-hand reports.
Since you usually use "enhanced" in a sarcastic mode and often know internas a bit earlier, I'm curious too. Probably no longhaul for me in September, so I'm curious on reading first-hand reports too.
Old Aug 29, 2007, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
Since you usually use "enhanced" in a sarcastic mode and often know internas a bit earlier, I'm curious too. Probably no longhaul for me in September, so I'm curious on reading first-hand reports too.
The new concept definitely entails a service REDUCTION on many (if not all) flights, and yes, LH is marketing that reduction as an enhancement. Basically, its back to how it was a few years ago, minus the second appetizer offering on night fights.
Old Aug 29, 2007, 5:07 am

The new concept definitely entails a service REDUCTION on many (if not all) flights, and yes, LH is marketing that reduction as an enhancement. Basically, its back to how it was a few years ago, minus the second appetizer offering on night fights.
Where has it been announced? I can't remember I got anything from LH regarding that topic recently.
Old Aug 29, 2007, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Where has it been announced? I can't remember I got anything from LH regarding that topic recently.
Wow, it must be really bad, then!
Well, we'll soon know. Just a few days left. Some people may actually like, as the enhancements are designed to reduce meal service times in F, especially on night flights, hence more time to sleep. There will also be a special option that serves the full menu on one tablet in one course.
Old Aug 29, 2007, 10:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Well, we'll soon know. Just a few days left. Some people may actually like, as the enhancements are designed to reduce meal service times in F, especially on night flights, hence more time to sleep. There will also be a special option that serves the full menu on one tablet in one course.
Well, maybe they actually enhance something - I hate sitting in front of my empty dishes for hours. Ever tried to skip salad & soup? Many crews ignore the concept of individualized meals and meal times and just make you wait till everyone else has finished his or her salad/soup... And you get their typical LH-look when you ask them to take the empty dishes away... And I agree with many other that being trapped in the seat for the 3-hour-lunch-service is pathetic.

One improvement would be to get rid of this process-driven approach when it comes to serving beverages: Ignore passengers for the first 30 minutes, then take your time to put together the drink cart, approach the customer 45 minutes after take-off and give the only passenger in F this "how-can-you-possibly-dare" look when he is just ordering his beloved green tea...

Flew on NZ in Business Premier lately (we are talking about C here!) - they ask you already on the ground for your first beverage after take-off and twenty minutes after take off you get what you have asked for - great! ^
Old Aug 29, 2007, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SMK77
Well, maybe they actually enhance something - I hate sitting in front of my empty dishes for hours. Ever tried to skip salad & soup? Many crews ignore the concept of individualized meals and meal times and just make you wait till everyone else has finished his or her salad/soup... And you get their typical LH-look when you ask them to take the empty dishes away... And I agree with many other that being trapped in the seat for the 3-hour-lunch-service is pathetic.

One improvement would be to get rid of this process-driven approach when it comes to serving beverages: Ignore passengers for the first 30 minutes, then take your time to put together the drink cart, approach the customer 45 minutes after take-off and give the only passenger in F this "how-can-you-possibly-dare" look when he is just ordering his beloved green tea...
You are definitely flying a different Lufthansa than I am.

I never sit in front of my dishes for hours, my crews always honor the Master of time concept, I never get any "look", I'm never ignored for more than 3 (three) minutes during service times, and I'll usually have had at least 2 drinks even BEFORE and during take-off.

Then again, I usually don't fly with FRA crews.

I'm pretty familiar with NZ C, and while it's a very good C product, it's no match to what I experience on LH F.
Old Aug 29, 2007, 11:52 pm

Programs: too many...
Pursers on the JNB route told me that they will cut service times and be more flexible with the food service. Let's see if this is going to be an enhancement. In any case, on various occasions I asked them to please get me the food in one go and there was never any problem. But I agree, this three hour procedure out on a JNB bound flight is ridiculous...

The initial 30 minutes seem be cockpit-driven. LH cockpits for whatever reason seem to climb to flight altitude before switching off the seat-belt sign, which keeps everybody strapped in. On LX the sign was off after ten minutes.

JNBHEL

Old Aug 30, 2007, 7:55 am

I don't need an "enhancement" for this. It has been there for a while. When I was on a late departure on a night flight and wanted to sleep pretty soon I just informed the purser upon his/her greeting tour and got soon after either a selection of appetizer or a main course or a main course plus a few appetizers per my choice. So, let's see what this announcement will bring in practice.
Old Aug 30, 2007, 8:00 am

You are definitely flying a different Lufthansa than I am.

I never sit in front of my dishes for hours, my crews always honor the Master of time concept, I never get any "look", I'm never ignored for more than 3 (three) minutes during service times, and I'll usually have had at least 2 drinks even BEFORE and during take-off.
I totally agree with this statement.

Then again, I usually don't fly with FRA crews.
Well, I usually fly with FRA crews.
Old Aug 30, 2007, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Well, I usually fly with FRA crews.
But you are SOG.
Old Aug 30, 2007, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
Is this "enhancement" for the SFO-MUC departures or more for say the 01:30 departures?
Old Aug 30, 2007, 9:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
[QUOTE=flysurfer;8318404]You are definitely flying a different Lufthansa than I am. QUOTE]

Then we do - even on my birthday it was not doing the trick: 4 pax in F on the upper-deck, cabin crew was discussing whether they should start service at my seat (83A) or should start in row 81 and follow the procedure. They did that in front of me - guess what, they followed the procedure and I was left puzzled why the heck one has to have this conversation in front of the passenger in question...

And so far only one FA got a written feedback for doing a great job in F and I can assure you that I am a very pleasant customer to deal with.
Old Aug 30, 2007, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

even on my birthday it was not doing the trick
Flying a day after my birthday, they gifted me a box of F choclates signed by the entire crew.
Old Aug 31, 2007, 1:03 am

Programs: LH SEN
What I actually don't understand is that during a 11hours flight to JNB you can basically sleep for 4 hours. Why?

It took them approx 4 hours for the dinner (ok, first 30min nothing at all, as the Captain probably forgot to switch off the seat belt sign and then another 30min until I had my Campari,,,grrrrr). Then they woke the pax up approx 3 hours before landing for breakfest. Fortunately I didn't care too much about this as I wasn't very tired and of course it was possible to have a quick meal and go to sleep but I had the imporession it took them way too long.

What I additionally don't understand is why a routine you do on a daily basis has to be discussed again and again.
Just my 0.02£
W

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.