Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Our worst Midwest flight yet (No Cookies!?!)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2007, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HiltonHHonors Silver; SPG Gold; Midwest Airlines
Our worst Midwest flight yet (No Cookies!?!)

I know that much of what I say will probably seem petty, but I really expect more from Midwest.

It started with the 70/somethings placed in the exit row. The airline is so insistent on not placing people in the exit row prior to check-in at the airport (which does not really hold true anyway), but I don’t feel particularly safe in having my life in their hands – especially when they cannot follow even the basic rules!! The wife had gotten up shortly after take-off to use the bathroom. It was quite some later before the seatbelt light was turned off.

Could she be any louder? The flight attendant was the loudest thing I had heard in a long time. It was bad enough they moved the couple with the screaming infant AND toddler behind us for no apparent reason (They were in the same row, just across the aisle and we have no idea why they moved other than making our take-off time 30 minutes later), but the flight attendant would literally scream in my ear every time to she came to our row with food, drinks, cleaning up, etc. So much for getting any sleep.

At least I have my chocolate chip cookies to look forward to, right? Wrong. Apparently the caterer “slighted us” (flight attendant’s words) and did not put cookies on the plane. I thought that Midwest is the kind of airline that cares, and with cookies being their shtick, they will have someone handing them out as we walk of the plane, right. Wrong again!

What a disappointment!
Old Sep 4, 2007, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
it happens.
if the sign is on, and the attendants are up, if i gotta go potty, i gotta go, i'm gonna go. Never been told anything yet. I usually wait until the plane has leveled though...
Old Sep 5, 2007, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WIRunner
it happens.
if the sign is on, and the attendants are up, if i gotta go potty, i gotta go, i'm gonna go. Never been told anything yet. I usually wait until the plane has leveled though...
Oh, I can totally understand that. But none of what you mentioned happened. The plane was still rapidly ascending, the flight attendants were strapped in and the reminder to stay in your seats came on as soon as she got up.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 12:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
No cookies?! The crew was probably worried about a full-scale passenger revolt when they announced that.
Old Sep 8, 2007, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dhuey
No cookies?! The crew was probably worried about a full-scale passenger revolt when they announced that.
I was surprised there wasn't. I wanted cookies

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.