Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fall 2007 Megabonus Finally Here!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2007, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Question Megabonus Question

I know that stays usually must be paid for using a VISA card to qualify for the megabonus. However, if I were to use a different card for most of the purchase and charged $1 of the stay to a VISA card, would this be an effective loophole?

I believe this has been discussed before at some point. Your feedback would be appreciated.
Old Sep 7, 2007, 4:45 am

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
You have part of the answer. The folio must CLOSE to a VISA card. So yes, you can put most of the folio to a corporate card and a small gift shop purchase to a VISA, but you must make sure the folio is closed to the VISA. If you do a search I am sure you will find many posts on this topic.
Old Sep 7, 2007, 5:55 am

Programs: AAEXP 3+MM, Marriott Plt and Plt for life, Hyatt Diamond
May I ask what megabonus promotion? Did I miss something??
Old Sep 7, 2007, 6:56 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by flyinghome
May I ask what megabonus promotion? Did I miss something??
I saw mention of a Fall Mega bonus in a Miles Link email:

Bonus Corner
Marriott MegaBonus
Marriott Rewards members can earn up to 10,000 bonus Marriott Rewards points when you pay for hotel stays with your Visa card from Sept. 23, 2007 through Jan. 18, 2008. You can earn 2,500 bonus points for every Visa-paid stay, beginning with your second stay. Register online for the bonus or call 888-MARRIOTT (627-7468) during the promotional period. The maximum mileage earned during the promotion is 10,000. Stays that occur during the promotional period, but before registration for the promotion, will be retroactively counted toward the bonus. Some Marriott Rewards members will receive a different promotional offer via e-mail and will only be eligible for the offer they receive.

But nothing official from Marriott, usually I get an email from them touting the promo.

BTW, pretty lame IMO. Hopefully my targeted promo, if it even comes, will be better?
Old Sep 7, 2007, 8:10 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
This is MR's idea of a promo ????

This is a pretty lame promo IMO.No bonus till second stay? ? And you have to use a Visa? AND only 10k max bonu points?
Mmmmm no thank you-more Marriott greed-fall promo sponsered by a credit card so that there is no out of pocket cost for MR

Starwood and Hyatt both have better promos running right now-without the strings attached.
Old Sep 7, 2007, 8:16 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Given that the Megabonus promotions in the past usually had 4,5, or more different flavors based on past stay patterns, I'm not going to go ranting about how good/bad it is until I see the finished product. (Of course this assumes there will be a promo that Marriott does rollout. )
Old Sep 7, 2007, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
This is a pretty lame promo IMO.No bonus till second stay? ? And you have to use a Visa? AND only 10k max bonu points?
Mmmmm no thank you-more Marriott greed-fall promo sponsered by a credit card so that there is no out of pocket cost for MR

Starwood and Hyatt both have better promos running right now-without the strings attached.
I completely agree ^

What is up with Marriott and these restrictive lame promos?

And 10,000 points as tops? Wake up Marriott and invest in providing a descent promo! Have you guys disbanded your marketing dept? Can you not come up with something better?

I rather stay with Starwood as I have 2 promos on the go during the same time and even the one that banks me the least amount (stay 4 NIGHTS and get 4K points Max 8K w/ Four Points) is points ahead of what is being offered with Marriott!
Old Sep 7, 2007, 8:43 am

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena

First off, NO PROMO as of yet.

Second, it may have different levels, (read HIGHER) if past history is a predictor of the future.

Third, Hyatt does force mastercard use, so its NOT unusual.

That said, I do think MR is getting lame in the promos....HOWEVER...i just received an email from HH with:

28 stays/40 (?) nights 50K
40 stays/ 60 (?) nights ADDITIONAL 100K
for the whole year...with other awards to chose from....so looks like HH is going the "megabonus" way!!
Old Sep 7, 2007, 10:24 am

Programs: AA EXP & 2MM, Marriott PLT, Hilton GLD, SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond
Fall 2007 Megabonus Finally Here!

Logged on to my account and clicked on View Promotions to find...

Receive 35,000 Marriott Rewards Points With MegaBonus

Dont let this opportunity slip away. Register for the MegaBonus promotion and earn 35,000 Marriott Rewards points when you stay a total of 20 Visa-paid nights at Marriott. Its the fastest way to earn the vacation of your dreams.

Take 3 Simple Steps To Reach Your MegaBonus.
Register: By selecting the red Register button to the right, or by calling 1-888-MARRIOTT (627-7468).
Stay: At any of more than 2,700 participating Marriott brand hotels between September 23, 2007 and January 18, 2008.
Earn: 35,000 Marriott Rewards bonus points when you stay a total of 20 Visa-paid nights at Marriott.

Frequently Asked Questions >>

Terms & Conditions:
Terms & Conditions: Marriott Rewards members who register will earn 35,000 MegaBonus points when they stay a total of 20 nights between September 23, 2007 and January 18, 2008, at a participating Marriott property and payment is made with a Visa card. Registration is required Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit. A stay is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. Only one room per hotel is counted towards a members nights or stay. Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion. All Marriott Rewards program terms and conditions apply. Visit MarriottRewards.com, or call 1-888-MARRIOTT for complete details.

At last!!!
Old Sep 7, 2007, 10:36 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, Starwood Preferred Guest Plus, Hilton HHonors Gold
This is how mine looks:-

Receive Up To 25,000 Marriott Rewards® Points With MegaBonus

Don’t let this opportunity slip away. Register for the MegaBonus promotion and earn 5,000 Marriott Rewards points for every third Visa®-paid stay you make at Marriott. You can earn up to 25,000 points toward the vacation of your dreams before you know it.

Take 3 Simple Steps To Reach Your MegaBonus.
Register: By selecting the red “Register” button to the right, or by calling 1-888-MARRIOTT (627-7468).
Stay: At any of more than 2,700 participating Marriott brand hotels between September 23, 2007 and January 18, 2008.
Earn: 5,000 Marriott Rewards bonus points for every third Visa-paid stay you make – up to a total of 25,000 points.

Frequently Asked Questions >>

Terms & Conditions:
Terms & Conditions: Marriott Rewards members who register will earn 5,000 MegaBonus points with every third stay, up to a total of 25,000 points, when their first day and subsequent stays are made between September 23, 2007 and January 18, 2008, at a participating Marriott property and payment is made with a Visa® card. Registration is required Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit. A stay is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. Only one room per hotel is counted towards a member’s nights or stay. Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion. All Marriott Rewards program terms and conditions apply. Visit MarriottRewards.com, or call 1-888-MARRIOTT for complete details.
Old Sep 7, 2007, 10:49 am

And mine...

Earn: 25,000 Marriott Rewards bonus points when you stay a total of 15 Visa-paid nights at Marriott.
Old Sep 7, 2007, 10:56 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Traviss, oh-so-thank-U for the heads up! I have the 3 Stays, Get 10K points version, which is OK for me!
Remember that only Visa-paid stays count!
Old Sep 7, 2007, 10:57 am

Programs: Marriott Plat since 2008. Hyatt Diamond since 2015
I just received a promotion via online.

Stay 15 nights paid by Visa and get 25,000 points.

Has anyone else seen anything else?
Old Sep 7, 2007, 11:24 am

Programs: US Gold, Marriott Platinum
Got the 35k invite, but unfortunately can't use my Visa card on corporate travel
Old Sep 7, 2007, 11:38 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
I got the 25k offer and of course its useless since I use a corp AMEX for most of my travel. Guess I'll stay at Hilton instead. Send them an email to let them know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.