Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2007, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *A, BAEC -Gold
£1 rooms at The Hoxton back again soon

http://www.hoxtonhotels.com/
Old Sep 23, 2007, 1:58 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, HHonors Diamond
any idea on when that "soon" is? i signed up for email alerts, but so far haven't received anything.
Old Sep 23, 2007, 9:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Probably this week or next. The last sale was for dates up to 30/09. Expect an email a couple of days before.
Old Sep 23, 2007, 11:19 am

Well it got me to sign up for their email updates
Old Sep 27, 2007, 10:05 am
Original Member

Details have been posted at http://www.hoxtonhotels.com/specialoffers.php:

The Famous Hoxton £1 Sale is Back!
Our BIGGEST Sale Yet

On 4th October at 12:00 noon we will release 595 rooms at £1 and 595 rooms at £29, available only on our website for dates between the 5th October 07 – 31st January 2008.

During our last sale, we sold over 1200 rooms in 27 minutes and we had over 100,000 people trying to book these rooms. Given this huge amount of interest you may not get a room for either a £1 or £29. However, we will have rooms available from £59 and great deals over the Christmas period and January. New Years Eve is available from an extraordinary £99.

To make the sale as fair as possible all the usual rules apply, you are only allowed to book one room, for one night at a £1. If we find anyone misbehaving we will cancel all their bookings (and definitely no free Beer).

Our software has been improved since the last sale (fingers and toes crossed…) but the booking system is still the same, hence the room is not yours until you receive a confirmation number by e-mail. To help make the process easier and to try and reduce confusion please read our step-by-step guide (below) of how to book.

Good luck
Unfortunately the one night limitation makes this a much less appealing offer than last time...
Old Sep 27, 2007, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by Flying Dutchman
Details have been posted at http://www.hoxtonhotels.com/specialoffers.php:

Unfortunately the one night limitation makes this a much less appealing offer than last time...
you can still book multiple nights at 29 GPB
Old Sep 27, 2007, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, US CP, *W Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
They've had the one 1 pound room/person for the last couple of promos--if they find more than one, they'll cancel both, so just sign up your SO or travel companion for the second one.

I got one of these earlier in the year and love the hotel--here's a link to a blog piece I wrote w/photos and info about transport, neighborhood, etc. (scroll down to the bottom of the page). The piece above it is about Hakkasan, London's much ballyhooed (unjustly, IMHO) Michelin-starred Chinese restaurant. Enjoy and good luck on 10.4!

http://dogmom11.typepad.com/dogmoms_.../06/index.html
Old Sep 27, 2007, 4:30 pm

How "on top of it" do you have to be to score the cheapest room? Basically if I'm ready to book at 12noon their time (on the site, credit card in my teeth), do I have a shot?
Old Sep 27, 2007, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by gosha83
How "on top of it" do you have to be to score the cheapest room? Basically if I'm ready to book at 12noon their time (on the site, credit card in my teeth), do I have a shot?
there is a thread on a UK forum that highlights how people fared with this deal last time. The sale started on page 4.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...=484555&page=4

Looks like the site initially crashed, then it went back online very slowly. People using autofillers fared better than people who didn't. You might want to take a booking to the confirmation stage using an autofiller in order to prepare you for when the sale goes online.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 9:39 pm

ah and it appears that the trick is to use the HTML interface through this link: https://reservations.ihotelier.com/c...9&languageid=1
Old Oct 1, 2007, 12:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold
It's confirmed

just received this

Hello again,

On the 4th October at 12:00 noon our own version of Oktoberfest will commence. Sadly, there is no free beer up for grabs but even more bargains than before! This will be our biggest release of rooms yet - 595 rooms at £1 and 595 rooms at £29, available only on our website for dates between the 5th October '07 - 31st January '08.

During our last sale, we sold over 1200 rooms in 27 minutes and we had over 100,000 people trying to book these rooms. Given this huge amount of interest you may not get a room for either a £1 or £29. However, we will have rooms available from £59 and great deals over the Christmas period and January. New Years Eve is available from an extraordinary £99.

To make the sale as fair as possible all the usual rules apply, you are ONLY allowed to book one room, for one night at a £1. If we find anyone misbehaving we will cancel all their bookings (and definitely no free Beer).

Our software has been improved since the last sale (fingers and toes crossed...) but the booking system is still the same, hence the room is not yours until you receive a confirmation number by e-mail. To help make the process easier and to try and reduce confusion we have provided a clear step-by-step guide of how to book. The quicker you are the likelier that you will be successful.

Good luck!

David Taylor
General Manager
Old Oct 4, 2007, 5:03 am

Programs: UA 1K
Scheduled maintenance error?!? WT....
Old Oct 4, 2007, 5:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
I can't get past the first screen.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 5:09 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by rcherskov
I can't get past the first screen.

furthest I've gotten so far is a black screen, which takes ages to load and nothing comes up although the status bar says 'done' (twice now)

not looking too good
Old Oct 4, 2007, 5:11 am

Programs: BA Silver
This is deja vu all over again ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.