Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Toronto Airport [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points Toronto Airport [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2006, 12:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver
Arrow Four Points Toronto Airport [Master Thread]

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/...81&newsLang=en

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 31, 2006--Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE:HOT) announces that the Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Airport is now open. The entire hotel, formerly the Days Hotel & Conference Centre Toronto Airport, has undergone a significant refurbishment and an expansion to its lobby, meeting space and guest rooms. The hotel is owned by Royal Equator Inc. of Toronto and is flying the Four Points by Sheraton flag under a long-term franchise agreement.

"We are thrilled to offer this prime location in Toronto for our loyal Four Points by Sheraton travelers," said Hoyt Harper, senior vice president, Four Points by Sheraton brand. "The Four Points by Sheraton brand prides itself on honest, uncomplicated comfort and this airport hotel could not be easier for travelers on the go."

Guests will enjoy the new Four Points by Sheraton Four Comfort Bed, a multi-layered, cozy ensemble designed to pamper guests. In addition to a duvet in a rich palette of colors matching each hotel's decor, the bed features a plush mattress and a welcoming quartet of pillows for relaxing that includes two feather/down sleeping pillows and two oversized lounging pillows. Free wireless high-speed Internet access and free bottled water are offered at all Four Points by Sheraton hotels.

Additional guest services include an indoor heated pool, fitness facility, 24-hour airport shuttle to all terminals, room service, and all the other comfort offerings of the Four Points by Sheraton brand. The refurbished 14 meeting rooms offer a total of 11,000 square feet of flexible function space. Guests can also enjoy the 120-seat DeMaple Restaurant & 60-seat lounge.
Old Jan 31, 2006, 12:34 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
It will be interesting to see what if anything this would do to the business at the other 4 Points in Mississauga (which I always liked due to a low rate). SPG seems to have a pretty good lineup of properties in Toronto.
Old Jan 31, 2006, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by tcook052
Too right. I'd stayed at the other 4 Points a few times and it was okay but nothing to rave about in terms of service. The freeway/highway jaunt wasn't tonnes 'o fun with the driver we had, so will likely give this location a try.
I was actually going to post about this a week ago but figured it had already been covered by someone else
I'm happy to have another SPG option near YYZ (and even closer!). I like the FP Mississauga too. Good rates, clean rooms... a good FP.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 7:48 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum & LFT Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Airmiles Onyx, Aeroplan, Avis President's Club
As usual with most newly rebranded 4Points, this was an old Days Inn (it's always either a Days Inn, a Hojo or Ramada... ). This property is a category 2!? An old Days Inn should not be a category 2. Toronto hotel prices are not that high either... especially hotels not too far from the airport. I will give this new 4Points a try, however old converted Days Inn are usually subpar hotels in general.

Last edited by NBSPGMEMBER; Feb 2, 2006 at 7:57 am
Old Feb 4, 2006, 7:00 pm

Programs: Starwood Preferred Guest
It's Nothing like the old Days!!!

You definitely have to give it a try. I just stayed there and Wow!!! unbelievable what they've done with the place....the grand porte couchere right when you drive in to the modern stylish lobby and the unbelievably mesmorizing hand crafted wood art effects around the lobby....it's a ten...clean rooms, great service....and hey, they're giving double SPG points right now!!!! gotta try it!

Originally Posted by NBSPGMEMBER
^

Wow! They can do something with nothing nowadays!
Sorry Lurker, I'm not complaining that we have another property to choose from in Toronto, it's just that old Days Inn motels are usually... well, Days Inns. We will give it a try, who knows what the outcome will be.
Old Feb 4, 2006, 11:28 pm

I also just stayed there, and was very impressed. If you put on a sad face, they may give you a free breakfast if you ask for it. Room was very nice, and a great lobby. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.
Old Feb 5, 2006, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I'll be staying there Sunday night (tonight). I am using starpoints.

1) Any issues or things to note regarding their shuttle service to/from YYZ?
2) Since this is a new property, were the staff knowledgeable of the spg rules i.e. Platinum Amenity Gifts, Platinum upgrade to best room available upon check-in, etc.?

Sometimes at a handful of spg properties I will get check-in staff who don't acknowledge point stays as eligible for any Platinum benefits. I hope I won't run into that problem here (sometimes it is because the check-in staff are lazy teenagers who have no concept of customer service or basic hotel rules/regulations, but I digress as this is an entirely different topic that deserves its own thread ).

Last edited by yyznomad; Feb 5, 2006 at 6:15 am
Old May 6, 2006, 6:36 am

Programs: AC Altitude E35K, *Silve, UA Premier Silver, Marriott Platinum, SPG Preferred Plus, a bunch of other
Only 3 months late in reply , but I didn't have any issues with their shuttle when I used it this week. Just called them from the airport and went to their shuttle location (post S5 on the ground level I think). Showed up 10 minutes later.....

Have to second what everyone says, this is a comfortable, convenient location if you come in late at night or want to leave early in the morning.

Vader
Old May 6, 2006, 7:15 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by Vader
I didn't have any issues with their shuttle when I used it this week. Just called them from the airport and went to their shuttle location (post S5 on the ground level I think). Showed up 10 minutes later....
How far is the hotel from Terminal 3, and does one really need the shuttle? The reason I'm confused is because the hotel's webpage on SPG says:
The Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Airport is located within walking distance of Terminal 3 at Pearson International Airport.
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...XX&H=250&W=491
Old May 7, 2006, 8:16 pm

My recent stay here was great...
very 'new' feel throughout the hotel
room also had that 'brand new' feeling
transportation to the airport was a 16 pass van, which runs every 20 min I believe and was on time
would definitely recommend and will stay here again
Old May 7, 2006, 8:32 pm

Programs: AC Altitude E35K, *Silve, UA Premier Silver, Marriott Platinum, SPG Preferred Plus, a bunch of other
Originally Posted by AJLondon
How far is the hotel from Terminal 3, and does one really need the shuttle? The reason I'm confused is because the hotel's webpage on SPG says:
Guess it depends on how much luggage you are dragging I was at Terminal 1 and I would not have walked it, even with only a carry-on and a laptop bag...

Personally I would wait for the shuttle.... I am sure that it could be done, but I am guessing it would be a 10-15 minute walk???
Old Jul 9, 2006, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
What are the parking rates here? Any benefits for Plats? Is there convenient public transportation to the city center?
Old Jul 13, 2006, 7:51 pm

Programs: AC.E, SPG.P, FPC.Plt, HH.G
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
What are the parking rates here? Any benefits for Plats? Is there convenient public transportation to the city center?
Parking rates are $10/day or $30/week. I stayed at this hotel twice, both on a Saturday night. I’m not sure if this is the norm for weekends, but neither time had a parking attendant stationed. The front desk did notify me of this at check-in on both occasions, and had my parking fees waived.

As for plat benefits, upgrades were noted, though not noticeable. Rooms seemed to be standard, but were comfortable. The main assest of the hotel IMO, is the convenience and price.

As for public transportation, head over to Terminal 3. There’s a bus stop on the departures level for the 192 TTC bus. It goes directly to the Kipling station, connecting you to the subway. From there head east (only option really, as it’s the furthest station west) towards the city centre. Total trip time from YYZ to downtown should be around 45-60min.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 11:07 pm

Angry Incompetent Four Points Toronto Airport AVOID!

I recently had 3 back to back stays at The Four Points Toronto Airport all of which were NOT without incident. The front desk staff are incompetent (to put it nicely)

Aug 5th for one night.

I contacted the hotel from the airport for pick-up. After waiting 20 minutes, I called the hotel once again and was assured that the driver was on his way. Waited a further 15 minutes and still no shuttle. I contacted front desk and asked to speak with a manager who told me the driver had just left and he would arrive shortly. At check-in the clerk apologizes and I go to my room.

Upon check out the following morning, I board the shuttle bus along with two German tourists . We wait in an unconditioned bus on a rather hot and humid day for 10 minutes with the driver no where to be seen. Finally the driver arrives and proceeds to take us to the airport or so we thought. He drives himself to a Tim Horton's (for our international FT member's Tim Horton's is a famous coffee & donut shop) drive thru The tourists and I are in shock and just shake our heads in annoyance.

I was on my way to Europe and I knew I had another stay upon my return so I thought I would take it up with the hotel when I got back.

Aug 24 for two nights.

Airport pick up is on-time and upon check-in I speak with front desk clerk and supervisor and explain what had occurred with the shuttle bus driver. They both take my information date, time and description of driver etc... I was promised 500 points and that I would be contacted by the manager. Before checking out I reminded the clerk (same as check-in) that I had not been contacted by the manager. She took my phone number and email and assured me that someone would contact me. That never happened nor did the 500 points that were promised.

Sept 14 one night

I arrive at hotel at about 3:30PM and proceed to front desk. I present my photo ID, my Platinum card along with my Amex to the clerk. He has some difficulty in assigning me a room and asks for assistance, moments later he hands me my key and sends me on my way. I point out that I was not offered my Platinum amenity to which he replies "I didn't realize you were a Platinum member" (Did he not look at the card I had presented and that moments ago just handed back to me) I would have thought it would show on the screen and I'll take the points, I tell him. He apologizes and calls over for some help once more. Other clerk hands me a new key sleeve reflecting SPG status.

I go to my room (not upgraded to SPG floor BTW) and find that housekeeping is still attending to the room. I go back downstairs and they assign me another room. This time with the wrong bedding type. I had reserved a KING. I call downstairs and ask to speak with a supervisor, who tells me that they hotel is sold-out of KING's and questions when did I make my reservation? I reply over two weeks ago. She assures me that she would be right up with a new set of keys. After waiting for more than 10 minutes I go back to the front desk, very annoyed since I had just arrived from a 5 hour flight from LAX and just wanted to REST.

The front desk manager comes out and gives me the whole Sorry sorry Blah Blah Blah... he asks me how he can make me happy? I tell him I just want a clean room with the King bed I reserved so that I can get some rest. He starts to tell me that guest satisfaction is a priority.. I cut him off and ask him "well where was the priority when I asked for a manager to contact me regarding your driver taking me to Tim Horton's?" he then replies.. Oh it was you? I will not lie... We lost your contact information

At that point I demanded my room key and contacted Customer Care. Several days later the same front desk manager emails me and offers me a 25% discount on my next stay. I explain that I found the goodwill gesture rather insulting. He also tries to tell me that my reservation was for a Queen NOT a King. I told him that was not correct and that I would email him a copy of my confirmation which clearly shows a King bed. (He never apologized or admitted that he was wrong.) We finally agreed upon 4,000 points. That was over 10 days ago... no points have been credited. I called Customer Care again today to follow up.

Sorry for the long post...I wanted to be as detailed as possible.

Now I don't expect much from a Four Points especially when it's an airport property, but after 3 stays in a row ALL with incident.... this hotel is a JOKE and gives Starwood a bad name.

Last edited by imverge; Sep 27, 2007 at 11:16 pm
Old Sep 27, 2007, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You must be a glutton for punishment! I'm rarely in the same city more than once or twice a year - but if I have a crappy stay at a particluar place, I'll avoid them like the plague...the old 4 points in Harrisonburg, VA (no longer a 4 points from what I've heard) was one of those places...just a dump - used to stay there when I was an SPG Gold - but only for the points...after 2 stays, I went to the Sleep Inn because it had the best price when I was there & never turned back - got suprisingly excellent service & a decent room. It was shocking to see the difference...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.