Wiki Posts
Search

I'm off to AF!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2007, 1:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Silver, Flying Blue Silver
I'm off to AF!!

I always travel BA/QF to Asia/Australia in J. Like so many of you out there, I am sick and tired of BA's Seating Policy. For £1250.50 I am able to travel MAN-MEL/PER/SYD return (in J). This is on AF and QF Metal. I even get to choose my seat!! (GASP). With fares like these and BA's delusions of grandeur and general stuck-up attitude, sod my loyalty to them.

Simon
Old Sep 30, 2007, 1:58 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

A change of scenery is always healthy but don't count on this fare glitch to be a recurring incentive
Old Sep 30, 2007, 2:05 am

Programs: BA, QR, OW loyal.
I'm with you on the seating policy and have also booked non-BA for x2 J to SYD next January. Same reason.

This looks like a decent fare error (J pricing as Y would be my guess), never seen a price like that before to Aussie. Is this direct with AF or through an agent ?

Nice one.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by simonnewby
I always travel BA/QF to Asia/Australia in J. Like so many of you out there, I am sick and tired of BA's Seating Policy. For £1250.50 I am able to travel MAN-MEL/PER/SYD return (in J). This is on AF and QF Metal. I even get to choose my seat!! (GASP). With fares like these and BA's delusions of grandeur and general stuck-up attitude, sod my loyalty to them.
If you are BA Silver, then you get the choice of practically every seat on the plane, at the moment of booking.

If you expect to fly J to SYD, for the same cost as a CE fare to Cyprus, then I fear BA is not the airline for you.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 2:30 am
Original Poster

'The airline for me..??'
Typical attitude which was part of my initial complaint. I DON'T expect tp fly in J for that price but when given the chance to...well, guess what??

The prices are available on the AF website. Opodo,etc.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 2:31 am
Original Poster

'The airline for me..??'
Typical attitude which was part of my initial complaint. I DON'T expect to fly in J for that price but when given the chance to...well, guess what??

The prices are available on the AF website. Opodo,etc.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 3:05 am

Programs: BA Silver
According to EF it is indeed a published fare, but strangely ITA / Expedia don't price it - bookable on the AF website though.

MAN-CDG-HKG / SIN on AF metal then the onward journey on QF, a very cheap way to get to OZ and given the stopover rules, perfect for the Mel Grand Prix / HKG Sevens trip I was toying with last night.

Thanks ^^
Old Sep 30, 2007, 3:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Stopovers are hard to get on it, particularly since you can't book them on the AF website!

Many thanks to simonnewby for posting this yesterday ^ A number of friends are now taking trips out to OZ on some nice airlines for a nice price
Old Sep 30, 2007, 3:14 am

Programs: BA Silver
deleted.

Last edited by sdorling; Sep 30, 2007 at 3:20 am Reason: duplicate
Old Sep 30, 2007, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
I am sick and tired of BA's Seating Policy. For £1250.50 I am able to travel MAN-MEL/PER/SYD return (in J). This is on AF and QF Metal. I even get to choose my seat!! (GASP).
Are you, or are you not a BAEC Silver member?
Old Sep 30, 2007, 3:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clubman
Are you, or are you not a BAEC Silver member?
Infact, I have just earned Gold Status as of September 25th. The irritation re. the seating policy to which I was referring is the inability to sit with friends or colleagues on the same flight, but I DO NOT want to start another Seating whinge here so, please, let's not go there!!
Old Sep 30, 2007, 4:01 am

Programs: BA, LH, VS, Hyatt, SPG
The irritation re. the seating policy to which I was referring is the inability to sit with friends or colleagues on the same flight, but I DO NOT want to start another Seating whinge here so, please, let's not go there!!
So why start a thread making a grand announcement that you're off to AF??

If you want to stop flying BA, then fine. I don't care. No need to make a song and dance about it.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ian001
So why start a thread making a grand announcement that you're off to AF??
...because of the Seating Policy
Old Sep 30, 2007, 4:05 am

Programs: BA, QR, OW loyal.
Originally Posted by ian001
If you want to stop flying BA, then fine. I don't care. No need to make a song and dance about it.
To be fair that was a v.decent fare price tip in the OP.

Wish I had found it a month or so ago, would have saved me a few bob and earned some TP's/Miles on QF.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 4:09 am

Programs: BA Gold
Infact, I have just earned Gold Status as of September 25th. The irritation re. the seating policy to which I was referring is the inability to sit with friends or colleagues on the same flight, but I DO NOT want to start another Seating whinge here so, please, let's not go there!!
Yes, the seating policy leaves something to be desired. However, I think in reality as long as you book the tickets you won't have an issue. Shoe on the other foot, at the end of the day, it's what, between 2-24 hours without sitting next to a friend/colleague. Out of your life - it's nothing. I would draw the line with family, but in the grand scheme of things life goes on at the other end.

I personally wouldn't worry in the slightest about sitting next to work colleagues- in fact I try to avoid the same flights as them at all costs for a bit of "me" time

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.