Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

San Luis Potosi Westin, Mexico [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

San Luis Potosi Westin, Mexico [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2007, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: starwood,aadvantage
Arrow San Luis Potosi Westin, Mexico [Master Thread]

I can not find any info on San Luis Potosi Weston. has any one stayed there and if so what is it like for PLAT.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 10:05 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Went in June.There is really only two kinds of rooms. One with a Jacuzzi and the ones with just a tub. as a platinum member you get the spg level which have the jacuzzi. and you get a bowl of fruit. it is only a three story hotel with the presidential suite having a fourth floor. It is in the upper class of the city. so it is far from downtown. front of a car dealership or something. but be aware that if you go on a weekend and if the soccer team from the city plays. the other team stays at the Westin making it a mad house outside. but other then that it is a great hotel. they have a great buffett. you will like it.

Last edited by gabo02; Oct 2, 2007 at 10:11 pm
Old Oct 2, 2007, 10:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: starwood,aadvantage

Thank's for the heads up
Old Oct 3, 2007, 6:57 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Name

Can the name of this thread be changed to - The Westin San Luis Potosi - to properly reflect the correct name of the property and to help with future searches?

Thanks
Old Oct 4, 2007, 11:52 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
They do not offer the Platinum amenity when you check-in. You get the fruit basket by default as was noted before.

Also, be sure to save your receipt because you will likely have to fax it in because points from this hotel rarely post to your account.
Old Apr 21, 2008, 11:38 am

Any recent stays. Will be heading down there the first weekend of may.... any new info about this property??
Old Jun 18, 2009, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by gabo02
Any recent stays. Will be heading down there the first weekend of may.... any new info about this property??
Yearly bump....

Any recent info on this hotel? I need to be in SLP for 10 days at the end of this month. Is this the best hotel in SLP?
Old Jun 18, 2009, 10:13 pm

Yes it is. Just make sure if you are Platinum to let them now that you want Westin Products not their other cheap brand that the use in their rooms. Unless you dont like Westin Products.
Old Jun 19, 2009, 5:46 am

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
I thought I had read somewhere in the past month that this property was leaving Westin. I'm not trying to start an unfounded rumor, but I'm fairly certain I'd heard that recently. Anyone know?
Old Jun 25, 2009, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by gabo02
Yes it is. Just make sure if you are Platinum to let them now that you want Westin Products not their other cheap brand that the use in their rooms. Unless you dont like Westin Products.
After spending some time at the Westin SLP, I decided to spend a few nights there and then throw some nights towards the Holiday Inn to finish getting my 4 free nights from PC.

Some observations about the Westin:

1) Buffet breakfast is decent but it's tough to track down someone to make the made-to-order items but otherwise good for $10 US.
2) Platinum gift appears to be a 10 minute wait to check in (not one of the better gifts).
3) The hotel products in the bathroom are of poor quality as stated above. However, I got in late one night and after waiting 10 minutes to check in I forgot to ask for the Westin products.

No indication that this hotel is leaving SPG, but I will inquire the next time I'm there.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 12:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Just returned from a weekend stay at the property and let's just say that very little has changed in the past few years since the last post on this thread.

The hotel is located in Lomas area of SLP near the Camino Real and other than the Scotiabank and Superama next door, next to nothing in restaurants, etc are nearby. I did manage to locate a Starbucks 2 long blocks away on av Himalaya but my favourite coffee place in Mexico is Cafe Puenta del Cielo and there are few locations in SLP.

Now the property:

- check-in was underwhelming for a Westin, albeit a bit of a cultural/language situation. There was no Plat recognition whatsoever, and no further amenities were provided whatsoever. I was assigned a ground floor near both stairwell and housekeeping. the jacuzzi room offered a view of dead plants and weeds in a flower box followed by a drab wall.
- no executive club or breakfast included. Due to a large wedding party in-house, the restaurant was unavailable to us as well as the pool area.
- upon check-out, no offer of assistance with luggage nor any indication that they are linked in with StarGuest. I doubt that the points will show up but more importantly, the hotel doesn't appear to be aware of standard check-in procedures. The key hold was the old-style generic Westin type for everyone, heck even the Four Points Toronto Airport has it together in this respect!
- this property is rather dated in many respects but it could be much better if the staff were better coached/trained in guest service.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 3:07 pm

This hotel participates in the Starwood system in name only. Getting points to post to your account is difficult and requires faxing your receipts into SPG.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 6:40 pm

Leaving Starwood on February 28, 2015

Leaving Starwood on February 28, 2015

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin...ropertyID=1094
Old Apr 26, 2015, 12:00 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Good riddance.

Perhaps post-reno it would fine but its rooms were showing their age and the rates were out of whack with the experience, IMHO.

I am headed to SLP this week and will happily be staying non-Starwood.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 11:16 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Now Hilton

For those keeping score, in May/June the former Westin of San Luis Potosi will become a Hilton.

Best of luck to Hilton in forcing them to post points to HHonors member accounts and to recognize basic elite benefits... an area Starwood could never improve.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.