Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

Hotels in Calgary

Hotels in Calgary

Old Oct 5, 2007, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Location: YYC, MIA, JFK, LHR, AMS, BRE, SIN, NRT ... or in transit.
Programs: LH Gold, Flying Club Silver, JAL Mileage Bank, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Platinum
Question Hotels in Calgary

Hi there,
I'm stuck on yet another project in Calgary and trying to figure out which one is the utmost hotel room for a longer (say 2-4 weeks) stay in Calgary.

I've tried the Westin in its recently renovated business class rooms-- nice, but the color scheme seems a bit depressing after a while (I guess you can also call it "sleek" or "zen-style"). The staff in the restaurant -- especially during breakfast is great, fast, polite, and "hands-on"/mother-like which I also find a great start of the day. The grand piano in the basement/lower lobby level is great to practice though ...

Hyatt is decent, restaurant feels a bit impersonal, room are good, but I don't like the beds (which is why I'm at the Westin for the moment). Plus I sort of feel that the rooms lack character ... I'm NOT saying the hotel is back, I'm just looking for one which I can call home for a while.

Any thoughts on the Sheraton or any other hot hints??? Thanks!

Samurai.
Old Oct 6, 2007, 1:01 am
Community Director Emerita

Check out the Starwood forum for posts on the Sheraton Suites. I stayed there last week, and liked it very much. It's nice to have two rooms.The hotel is very well run. It was awarded best Sheraton in the world in 2005. I saw a number of restaurants immediately across from the front of the hotel, and the area by the river looked very inviting.
Old Oct 11, 2007, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Check out the Starwood forum for posts on the Sheraton Suites. I stayed there last week, and liked it very much. It's nice to have two rooms.The hotel is very well run. It was awarded best Sheraton in the world in 2005. I saw a number of restaurants immediately across from the front of the hotel, and the area by the river looked very inviting.
Yes, the Sheraton Eau Claire has an excellent reputation (one of the few places I can think of where the Sheraton is usually more expensive than the Westin.
Old Oct 11, 2007, 11:29 pm

Programs: Fairmont Platinum | AC Gate Lice Status | VIPorter
The Sheraton Eau Claire is indeed excellent.
Old Oct 12, 2007, 9:56 am

Location: somewhere Cl. III / III+, with green waves and friendly holes
Programs: *wood Platinum, HH Gold, OneWorld Emerald, QF GOLD, AP Premium, Mabuhay Elite, bunch o others...
another vote for the Eau Claire

Have enjoyed my times there, great locale, nice hotel, good service...
Old Oct 12, 2007, 5:47 pm

Another vote for the Sheraton Eau Claire. It really is nice to have a separate sitting/living room as well as a bedroom on longer stays. Also, ask about Lounge access, as their Lounge used to be quite nice and a great place to visit after a work day. (Haven't stayed there for a while though....) I liked the location because it was much quieter than some of the downtown construction zones, but that seems to change so quickly in DT Calgary.

The last time I stayed at the Hyatt (late June, early July) there was so much construction and road work and road blockages that it was a real pain to drive in and out.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.