Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

In & Out & LAX, 10/20, 9:30-noon: We're Doing It Again!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

In & Out & LAX, 10/20, 9:30-noon: We're Doing It Again!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2007, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Cool In & Out & LAX, 10/20, 9:30-noon: We're Doing It Again!!

See Post #36 and beyond for updated information.
Last Saturday was such a hit with SEVERAL FTers, and hey, who could resist a "double double animal style"!!!! So...scroll on down for the latest, & we'll see you at the LAX In & Out next Saturday!

This Saturday, 10/13, from noon-ish 'til around 2pm, a few of us doing a "turnaround" for the current AA promo will be getting our arses out of the LAX airport and heading over to the "LAX" In & Out Burgers!!!!!

This is NOT a mega-do. This is NOT a do. This is BARELY a gathering. This is a "we're going to be at this place on this day at this time & if you want to join us, get yourself there"...your taste buds will thank you. If you've NEVER been to In & Out, then come see what the buzz is about (o.k., that was cheezy)

Directions from LAX: Take the Parking Spot Red shuttle to their garage & walk a few feet. (details in LAX Layover Thread)
Date/Time (times are approximate): This Saturday, 10/13, from noon-ish 'til 2-ish (the 'ish means that a few people are getting in a few minutes apart aruond 11:50/55, and departing around 2:35/45).

So far,
'Fo 'Sho it's me, Bschaff1, scoow
Maybe SkiAdcock (we'll be the wakey-wakey call), & brahms77 (pending post transpac flight coherence)

You don't have to be on an LAX layover to join in (but it 'sho beats 'da terminal, and)...L.A. locals most welcome!

Last edited by skye1; Oct 16, 2007 at 3:45 pm
Old Oct 9, 2007, 5:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I'm in town this weekend, but not sure of my plans yet. Count me as a maybe. Call me when you land; I'll know by then. If I am around I can pick you guys up/drop you off at LAX. Cheers.
Old Oct 9, 2007, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Don't forget to take The Parking Spot's red free shuttles, not the blue to get to their location literally attached to I&O.
Old Oct 10, 2007, 12:33 am
Original Poster

I've revised my post to clarify that. Thanks!!!
Old Oct 10, 2007, 1:39 am

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
The Parking Spot's shuttle should have "Sepulveda" written on the front.
Old Oct 10, 2007, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by aSiAnRiCk
The Parking Spot's shuttle should have "Sepulveda" written on the front.
correct, Sepulveda=Red Sign for The Parking Spot Sepulveda Blvd.

(Blue signs/Century has an icky Carl's Jr. next to that location)
Old Oct 10, 2007, 10:08 pm
Original Poster

Possible "addition" to the plans:
Bschaff1 & Scoow are arriving in LAX around 9. And, if there's still room to go standby earlier, I will as well. Tentative idea is to grab a taxi (or, if one Manhattan-Beach-based FTer is up & around & feels so inclined, grab a ride ) over to a nearby beach for a quick "ocean fix" prior to returning to the LAX airport for In & Out. So, if anyone's around LAX around 9ish, you'd have some FT company.

Nroscoe---are you joining in the fun?
Old Oct 11, 2007, 12:19 am

Yeah yeah yeah re: that up & around

Text me in advance (if AA allows that from your flights) to let me know if you all are getting in earlier, so I'll have the lovely message when I'm waking up & know to run over to LAX for brekkie or just pick you up for I-n-O later.

I think I'll be around that early so can drag my sorry butt to pick you all up. May be in gym shorts or sweats, but this is LA at the beach. That's the norm.

But you all better have walking shoes on cuz we'll come back to the beach & walk to the pier and/or local restaurant, which is about a mile each way. That's the point of coming in early, right? Beach time. See the volleyball players, surfers, sharks (er, dolphins) etc.

BTW - if you all do come in early I think a stop at the Flight Path Museum would be in order on the return. It's on the border of LAX, and truly doesn't take more than 20-30 min to get through but is really interesting. It's flying history from the '20s to the A380 & you can climb inside a DC3.

Cheers.
Old Oct 11, 2007, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skye1
Nroscoe---are you joining in the fun?
as of now, unfortunately no, but will I know my sched better on Friday.
Old Oct 11, 2007, 10:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, BD Silver, Amtrak Select, SPG & PCR Plat/ICH Amb, AA, AS, DL, PR
Bah, I'm gonna be in the middle of a MR this Saturday.

Enjoy some Double Doubles for me!
Old Oct 11, 2007, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by N751PR
Bah, I'm gonna be in the middle of a MR this Saturday.

Enjoy some Double Doubles for me!
Definitely!

Actually, the rest of us will all be "in the middle" of MR's as well
Old Oct 11, 2007, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Yeah yeah yeah re: that up & around

Text me in advance (if AA allows that from your flights) to let me know if you all are getting in earlier, so I'll have the lovely message when I'm waking up & know to run over to LAX for brekkie or just pick you up for I-n-O later.

I think I'll be around that early so can drag my sorry butt to pick you all up. May be in gym shorts or sweats, but this is LA at the beach. That's the norm.

But you all better have walking shoes on cuz we'll come back to the beach & walk to the pier and/or local restaurant, which is about a mile each way. That's the point of coming in early, right? Beach time. See the volleyball players, surfers, sharks (er, dolphins) etc.

BTW - if you all do come in early I think a stop at the Flight Path Museum would be in order on the return. It's on the border of LAX, and truly doesn't take more than 20-30 min to get through but is really interesting. It's flying history from the '20s to the A380 & you can climb inside a DC3.

Cheers.

Scoow & Bschaff1 are getting in around 9am-ish for sure. I likely will, as there seems to be plenty of room for standby at the moment (unless some group buys up the rest of the seats).

Now, we're only there a few hours, and In & Out is a non-negotiable must. So, if there's time for all that, that might be great...but, if not, just hanging at MB works fine as well .
Old Oct 11, 2007, 2:45 pm

There should be time. BTW - what time do you all want to be back at LAX?

Cheers.
Old Oct 12, 2007, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
There should be time. BTW - what time do you all want to be back at LAX?

Cheers.

Flights leave around 2:35pm, so clocking backward to boarding at 2:05 pm, so arrive at TSA-central @ 1:40ish. Just my thoughts, others may vary.
Old Oct 12, 2007, 10:32 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I have an 11 a.m. meeting appointment tomorrow, so I'm not sure if I can drive down in time to have lunch with you guys. Have an animal style, animal fries well-done on me!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.