Wiki Posts
Search

Say Buh-Bye to Saab's

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2007, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO Gold, UA Premier Exec
Say Buh-Bye to Saab's

The president of Eagle has said in his base visit to LAX that the parking of Saabs will begin shortly and reduction in LAX flying (possibily elimination of LAX base)...All this due to INABILITY TO PROPERLY STAFF THE AIRLINE

I'm glad I left...it's the incredible shrinking airline
Old Oct 12, 2007, 10:08 am

Do you mean closing the LAX eagle base or mainline?

Where did you land?
Old Oct 12, 2007, 10:09 am

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
Originally Posted by AEpilot76
....I'm glad I left...it's the incredible shrinking airline
Hope you continue to post here however!

You have been a great insight into the inner workings with many great posts!
Old Oct 12, 2007, 10:12 am

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
Well, I remember the Saab fondly...as a pilot.

I've always wondered when the day would come that the regionals would have staffing issues due to lack of incentive to work for them.

AEPilot76, did you leave for another airline? Enjoy your posts.
Old Oct 12, 2007, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm glad I left...it's the incredible shrinking airline
I'm guessing jetBlue? Congrats. ^

Don't be a stranger.
Old Oct 12, 2007, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FWAAA
I'm guessing jetBlue? Congrats. ^

Don't be a stranger.
No, not jetblue...North American Airlines flying 757/767 out of JFK...lots of charter work, military, and some scheduled stuff. It should be a nice change of pace. But I will be using jetblue a lot for my commute to JFK

And for the FTer who asked earlier, it's the possible closing of the AE LAX base..Haven't heard anything about mainline

I'll still post here, cause with all the paid airline travel I'll be doing with this new job, I'll be sure to have plenty of questions when it comes to freq flyer miles
Old Oct 12, 2007, 11:30 am

No, not jetblue...North American Airlines flying 757/767 out of JFK...lots of charter work, military, and some scheduled stuff. It should be a nice change of pace. But I will be using jetblue a lot for my commute to JFK

And for the FTer who asked earlier, it's the possible closing of the AE LAX base..Haven't heard anything about mainline

I'll still post here, cause with all the paid airline travel I'll be doing with this new job, I'll be sure to have plenty of questions when it comes to freq flyer miles
From non rev to EXP , quite the jump !
Old Oct 12, 2007, 11:36 am

No, not jetblue...North American Airlines flying 757/767 out of JFK
The good news is you won't have to duck when you walk on the Aircraft any longer. Now you just to remember to step up or step down, depending if it is a 67 or 57!
Old Oct 12, 2007, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jrhone
From non rev to EXP , quite the jump !
I have it all figured out...and I think this is legal actually since I no longer work for AMR. I'll take my bump compensation, then sign up for the jumpseat...this is gonna work great
Old Oct 12, 2007, 11:47 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
No, not jetblue...North American Airlines flying 757/767 out of JFK...lots of charter work, military, and some scheduled stuff. It should be a nice change of pace.
Congrats! Good luck!
Old Oct 12, 2007, 11:55 am

Programs: Various
Thank you AEP76 for your participation on FT during your time at AE/AA. You gave alot of insight and information that others here weren't in the position of doing. Best wished as you move up and on.

RE: Saabs, I haven't been on one since 1999 when I lived in SAN and took flights to LAX. Hopefully if LAX as a base goes away, it doesn't mean a drastic cut in AE flights, these days I've only used AE LAX to SJC.
Old Oct 12, 2007, 11:57 am

Programs: AA; Marriott; SPG; HH
Pardon the dumb question, but is North American Airlines the same as the regular AA?

Also, is EXP a freebie for all AA pilots?
Old Oct 12, 2007, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by badjuju
Pardon the dumb question, but is North American Airlines the same as the regular AA?

Also, is EXP a freebie for all AA pilots?
no
http://www.flynaa.com/

and no
Old Oct 12, 2007, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA; Marriott; SPG; HH
Wow - direct flights from NY to Lagos, Nigeria
Old Oct 12, 2007, 12:25 pm

Location: Westford MA - AA PLT, 1.5MM, Lifetime AC, AAdvantage since 1981
But I will be using jetblue a lot for my commute to JFK

jetblue has a pretty weak frequent flyer program. You get 8 points for each transcon r/t, and it takes 100 points for a free ticket. That's more than 12 r/ts.

On American, anyone earns a free ticket after 5 r/ts, and an elite with 100% bonus can earn a free ticket after 2½ r/ts.

FTers tend to grouse about AA a lot, but its the AAdvantage program that keeps many of us flying. AA knows why we fly!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.