Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dash is NOT flying

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2007, 4:09 am
Original Poster

Dash is NOT flying

According to the SAS homepage the Dash-operations are now back in full effect and schedules are no longer affected. Yeah right.

It is only tuesday but I have already had two Dash-flights (SK160 + SK160) cancelled this week due to tech. What´s happening?
Old Oct 17, 2007, 5:23 am

Programs: SAS Diamond, SAS Lifetime Gold
I was supposed to fly with the Dash-8 yesterday from LUX (SK2588), but it turned out to be a chartered Viking Airlines flight instead of the Dash.
Old Oct 19, 2007, 9:04 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold for life, BAEC GGL, Flying Blue Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
I don´t think all Dashes are back in business yet, but with help from Viking, Fly Excellent, Atlantic Airways, etc... they will not cancel any more flights due to the earlier issues, however tech will always happens anyway, especially with Krash-8...

BR
/Patrik
Old Oct 19, 2007, 9:30 am

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
Another incident this afternoon.

A Dash-8 flight from SVG to CPH got indications in the cockpit that the landing gear was not fully down and locked and was met in CPH by the fire brigade.

Fortunately everything went well but the airplane will not be used again until a full (new) inspection has been made.
Old Oct 19, 2007, 9:42 am

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), SAS EBG
Originally Posted by paen08
I don´t think all Dashes are back in business yet
Will the two Dashes that crashed be taken back into service? How badly damaged were they?
Old Oct 19, 2007, 11:41 am

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by GetAA81Back2ARN
Will the two Dashes that crashed be taken back into service? How badly damaged were they?
They should ship them back to the Canadians and ask for some CRJs in return. I don't know how many of CRJs you get for 500MSEK (the compensation claim)...
Old Oct 19, 2007, 11:53 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by larsll
They should ship them back to the Canadians and ask for some CRJs in return. I don't know how many of CRJs you get for 500MSEK (the compensation claim)...
yes but CRJs arent rated at (for example) LCY so they would need alternative aircraft such as the ATR or RJ
Old Oct 27, 2007, 9:11 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus, LH Miles & More, QF Qantas Frequent Flier, AF Flying Blue
A new emergency landing is right now about to happen at Kastrup with a Dash 8.

This is the link to a news article on Politiken's web site (in Danish):
http://politiken.dk/indland/article407454.ece
Old Oct 27, 2007, 9:23 am

Programs: EB*G, BD*G, HH Silver, FB, AA, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold
http://politiken.dk/indland/article407463.ece

Didn't go to well and thsi is the 3rd landing gear collapse this fall. To bad it is nearly impossible to get replacement aircraft in the short term så that SAS can dump their Q400 and get compensated from Bombardier after selling SAS ...... airplanes
Old Oct 27, 2007, 9:30 am

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
Don't konow what to say, why do they keep flying these birds!?! Time to start shopping for new planes SAS!
Old Oct 27, 2007, 9:36 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus, LH Miles & More, QF Qantas Frequent Flier, AF Flying Blue
It was SK2867 from Bergen which made an emergency landing today at Copenhagen.

From www.cph.dk:

SAS-fly fra Bergen nødlandet i Københavns Lufthavn

SAS flyet SK2867 fra Bergen af typen Dash8 med ankomst i Københavns Lufthavn kl. 16.40 er nødlandet i københavns Lufthavn.

På grund af sikkerhedslandingen er kun én af lufthavnens landingsbaner til rådighed, hvilke betyder forsinkelser og andre ureglmæssigheder i trafikken (opdateret 27. okt. kl. 17:30).

For yderligere informationer om ulykken se venligst www.sas.dk
Old Oct 27, 2007, 9:36 am

Programs: EB*G, BD*G, HH Silver, FB, AA, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by Gustaf
Don't konow what to say, why do they keep flying these birds!?! Time to start shopping for new planes SAS!

Remember there are long delivery times for new airplanes and buying planes are a little more complicated than just going to the supermarket
Old Oct 27, 2007, 9:46 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
This is unbelievable. 8 Q400-related events in two months.

And CPH have disabled their webcam so you can't see what is going on there..
Old Oct 27, 2007, 10:10 am
mag

Programs: LH M&M, FTL / *S
english

Originally Posted by Lasiana_beach
It was SK2867 from Bergen which made an emergency landing today at Copenhagen.

From www.cph.dk:

SAS-fly fra Bergen nødlandet i Københavns Lufthavn

SAS flyet SK2867 fra Bergen af typen Dash8 med ankomst i Københavns Lufthavn kl. 16.40 er nødlandet i københavns Lufthavn.

På grund af sikkerhedslandingen er kun én af lufthavnens landingsbaner til rådighed, hvilke betyder forsinkelser og andre ureglmæssigheder i trafikken (opdateret 27. okt. kl. 17:30).

For yderligere informationer om ulykken se venligst www.sas.dk

Forced landing by a SAS flight

SAS flight SK2867 from Bergen with schedule arriveltime in Copenhagen Airport satureday at 15:35 has made a forced landing in Copenhagen Airport at 16:55. There are no indication of casualties.

Due to the forced landing, Copenhagen Airport can only use one runway, that will causes delays and irregularities in the traffic. (27. october 17:55).
Old Oct 27, 2007, 10:19 am

Programs: EBG, M&M SEN, FB Gold
Exclamation

Originally Posted by mag

Forced landing by a SAS flight

SAS flight SK2867 from Bergen with schedule arriveltime in Copenhagen Airport satureday at 15:35 has made a forced landing in Copenhagen Airport at 16:55. There are no indication of casualties.

Due to the forced landing, Copenhagen Airport can only use one runway, that will causes delays and irregularities in the traffic. (27. october 17:55).
It is starting again.... All SAS Dash 8 planes are now grounded again. Start your rebooking now while there is still tickets :-(

I have already made one for a flight next week.

/HerrO

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.