Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dash is NOT flying

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2007, 10:38 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus, LH Miles & More, QF Qantas Frequent Flier, AF Flying Blue
Yes, all flights with Dash 8 have now been grounded by the Danish minister of transportation.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, SAS Diamond
I wonder if Qantas is going to have second thoughts now....hmm?
http://www.qantas.com.au/regions/dyn...007/oct07/3672
Old Oct 27, 2007, 12:08 pm

Programs: Eurobonus
Originally Posted by Tor Viking
Must have been able to negotiate a good price eh ?

I wonder what airline this is...

European Airline Orders 10 Bombardier Q400 Turboprops
Tuesday October 23, 10:02 am ET

TORONTO, ONTARIO--(MARKET WIRE)--Oct 23, 2007 -- Bombardier Aerospace announced today that it has received a signed firm order for 10 Bombardier Q400 high-speed turboprop airliners. The transaction also includes options on 10 additional Q400 airliners. The European airline which placed the order will become a new operator of the Q400 airliner, and has requested to remain unidentified at this time.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 12:12 pm

Programs: Eurobonus
Buy some Sukhoi's

http://www.sukhoi.org/eng/planes/projects/rrj/
Old Oct 27, 2007, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, SAS Diamond
Originally Posted by Wilbur12
Must have been able to negotiate a good price eh ?

With lots and lots of spare parts.....
Old Oct 27, 2007, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AE
Originally Posted by Tor Viking
I doubt it. For some reason this seems to be a problem only SAS is having with the Q400.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 1:08 pm

Programs: SK *B (?)
According to Dagens Nyheter, Skandinaviska Tillsynskontoret (the joint Scandinavian aviation authority) has withdrawn the operation license for all SAS Q400:s, effective immediately.

Oops.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Press release out a few minutes ago:

Scandinavian Airlines regrets to confirm that one of its aircraft, a Dash 8- 400 with registration number LN-RDI and flight number SK 2867 from Bergen to Copenhagen was involved in an accident at Copenhagen airport , at 16.55 hrs local time today.

We can confirm that there were 38 passengers, 2 infants and 4 crewmembers onboard.

Prior to the accident problems with the main landing gear was reported.

All Dash 8-400 aircraft within the SAS Group will be grounded until further notice.

SAS is doing everything possible to help all passengers.

SAS will provide further information as soon as it becomes available, see

www.flysas.com

The media information center can be contacted at the following number:

+46 8 797 29 44
Old Oct 27, 2007, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Video of todays crash landing

http://webbtv.dn.se/index.aspx?id=2912
Old Oct 27, 2007, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
Originally Posted by LeSabre74
I doubt it. For some reason this seems to be a problem only SAS is having with the Q400.
SAS was the launch customer for the 400 series and the problem is corrosion. So climate and time naturally leads to the first problems merging with SAS's aircraft. ANA reported finding the same problems and there was an incident a month ago with Augsburg Airways.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 3:28 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by SK_RSJ
Beautiful landing ^^ I guess all Q400 pilots sim practiced landing with one gear during the time they were grounded to prepare for future incidents.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Beautiful landing ^^ I guess all Q400 pilots sim practiced landing with one gear during the time they were grounded to prepare for future incidents.
Pretty amazing video, you can see exactly when the pilot turns off the right engine. Also it looks like the right landing gear is not extracted at all? The previous incidents had extracted gear but lock problem, yeah?
Old Oct 27, 2007, 3:47 pm

Programs: EBG, M&M SEN, FB Gold
Must agree - the landing really good and the motor was shut down perfctly. looks better than the normal landings with the Q400.... And this is really to bad that this will impact SAS again. It will impact on all us FT's travelling intra EU with SAS.

/HerrO
Old Oct 28, 2007, 1:56 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/FB/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Despite that, would you (or any other at this forum) be flying any Dash-400 flight after this third or fourth, similar incident? There were no casualties, luckily, but what has been reported, someone did get hurt. At what point can a plane type loose its certifications?
Old Oct 28, 2007, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by TTL
Despite that, would you (or any other at this forum) be flying any Dash-400 flight after this third or fourth, similar incident? There were no casualties, luckily, but what has been reported, someone did get hurt. At what point can a plane type loose its certifications?
NO I would NOT fly that type. This must be a warning of things to come as SAS was the launch customer for this aircraft type. And amazingly bombardier does not make any recommendations to ground the aircraft: www.bombardier.com.
Pretty irresponsible if you ask me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.