Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

VX: Getting tired of having no details yet about their FF program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2007, 10:48 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Obviously, being a member of FT, the existence and form of a frequent flyer program is important to me in deciding whether to patronize VX in the future, now that I have tried them out.

There may be many things to do when starting an airline, but keeping customers informed on their FF plans should not take much effort. Lack of information leads me to the conclusion that they have done nothing and don't intend to change that anytime soon.

It's getting tiresome to see a list of my flights taken as the only evidence that there is any record. I showed faith in their promises that they would have a good program, now it's time for them to live up to their word.

Purple-tinted lighting on board is cute, but it doesn't replace a good frequent flyer program!

OK, I've said my piece, let the apologists hold forth.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 12:06 pm

Programs: Deciding Which Airline to Fly in 2012
I'd appreciate it, too. That said, they really have a superior in-flight product, and for now, they'll get my business on that aspect alone.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 4:43 pm
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
It is said that good things come to those who wait. Yes, the waiting can be a bit frustrating but it seems that they are working on it. A partnership with VS could be a possibility. They offer a very good product and their F/C between SFO and LAX is unbeatable.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 4:54 pm

Programs: Deciding Which Airline to Fly in 2012
While a lot of their PR has focused on Red, they also have some of the nicest, and most attentive F/As in the business. Also, JetBlue took awhile to come up with TrueBlue, and it wasn't worth the wait.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 707Flyer
Also, JetBlue took awhile to come up with TrueBlue, and it wasn't worth the wait.
You can say that again. I'm not even going to try them until I know what the FF program will be. I'd hate to get my hopes up about a new airline from SFO only to have them dashed with a B6 (or even WN) style FF program.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 11:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
I would expect to wait until after the new year. I believe the only reason elevate was even rolled out for launch was to give folks the opportunity to being accumulating points, even though the program was nowhere near fully developed.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 8:35 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
I do think they are actively working on it. I have taken one flight with them JFK-SFO in F and I am a "founding member" of elevate - whatever that means, besides the fact that I just got invited to the Victoria's Secret flight - so not interested in that let me tell you. Anyway I did receive a survey from the which was all related to a FF program. It asked me to rank the importance of certain awards. These included concert tickets, theater events, VIP events etc. I pretty much gave all the non-traditional awards a thumbs down, I'm not big on going to concerts, etc and if I do want to go I'll just use $ to buy the tickets. I gave all the traditional items a thumbs up. I believe they also asked how important international award travel was - which I gave the highest importance possible.

I, too, am shying away from buying anymore VX tickets until details of the program are released. Which is sad because I do really like there product and hope to use them as my secondary airline. I'll do 150K eqm on UA this year and would be willing to only do 100K on UA and put the rest on VX. Especially when I shelled out $380 the other day for a SFO-LAX r/t on UA in Y and I could have spent $80 less and flown on VX in First. Only reason I did was for the fly 4 r/t for 20,000 bonus miles promo.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 12:14 pm

Programs: VX, UA 2P
No real new info, but this article (posted a couple days ago) is about eleVAte: http://www.smartertravel.com/blogs/u...tml?id=2454755
Old Dec 5, 2007, 12:33 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I posted a comment to VX about this program still being non-existent from their web page. It is unclear if comments go through unless you log into your account, which I didn't do. If not, then I guess I didn't post a comment, and furthermore, it would suck to have to have an account in order to send them a comment!
Old Dec 5, 2007, 12:50 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
They have said for months that nothing would be announced until next year.
Old Dec 29, 2007, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA Exec PLT; BA Silver
Elevate Program

This says their program will be based on $ spend and not on miles flown!

http://www.virginamerica.com/va/what...wwhatIseleVAte
Old Dec 29, 2007, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
This isn't new information though. Since its inception, that page has been up and explained that it was spend not mileage that accrues for redemption. I think in Q1-2008 we'll get the rest of the details.
Old Dec 29, 2007, 7:45 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I'd expect it to operate very similar to DJ (Virgin Blue)'s Velocity Rewards. For more info check out this link.
Old Dec 29, 2007, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
I'd expect it to operate very similar to DJ (Virgin Blue)'s Velocity Rewards. For more info check out this link.
Am I reading the terms of that program incorrectly or are there no international premium class redemption possibilities? That would be a complete deal-breaker for me, regardless of how fantastic the VX product may be.
Old Dec 30, 2007, 7:55 pm

Programs: United GS; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Gold; Hertz President's Circle; FlyClear
Originally Posted by SF1K
I, too, am shying away from buying anymore VX tickets until details of the program are released. Which is sad because I do really like there product and hope to use them as my secondary airline. I'll do 150K eqm on UA this year and would be willing to only do 100K on UA and put the rest on VX.
I'm in the same situation - UA 1K likely to pull 150K eqm - enjoyed my one VX F SFO-IAD flight. Would fly VX again if eleVate becomes compelling.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.