Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Non-NW employees at "other airports"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2007, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium

I've seen a lot of complaining here about the non-NW employees who took over at some of the smaller airports, so I think it's only fair I mention some GREAT employees I saw today.

I was at ABQ. A young woman working the check-in counter (I forgot to do OLCI at the Marriott this morning) was standing there and I was getting ready to use the machine and she asked for our names and said she'd be DELIGHTED to check us in. And she did, personally. Contrast that to all the times I've been barked at by NW employees to "use the machine" whether I wanted to or not.

She was efficient, friendly, and printed our BPs on that nice cardboard stock that is going the way of the dodo.

At the gate, the same contract workers hustled and they made sure anyone needing help off or on the plane got it quickly.

In the end, I was glad to have not bothered checking in online as their friendliness and work ethic made my day.
Old Nov 5, 2007, 5:26 pm

Programs: National ES
SSD utilization is a metric that all stations are held accountable for. Unfortunately it drives the ill conceived business case for less counter agents as more and more people are forced to check themselves in.

Personally I find it much faster to assist passengers myself rather than explain how to use the SSD. (Since I have to check their ID and tag their bags anyway, I might as well do 2 entries and check them in about 10 seconds)
Old Nov 5, 2007, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by jakeflynwa
SSD utilization is a metric that all stations are held accountable for. Unfortunately it drives the ill conceived business case for less counter agents as more and more people are forced to check themselves in.

Personally I find it much faster to assist passengers myself rather than explain how to use the SSD. (Since I have to check their ID and tag their bags anyway, I might as well do 2 entries and check them in about 10 seconds)
My gripe comes when the I ask the employee to check me in and they say something like "either you use the machine or I'll come over there and use it myself." Pathetic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.