Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

Mustard fans?

Mustard fans?

Old Nov 16, 2007, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Mustard fans?

i was wondering if there were any mustard fans in the house...or wait is it cock pit? anyone here used mustard like Grey Poupon Mustard on a regular basis? has anyone ever been served it on a flight?
Old Nov 16, 2007, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
While I don't think I am the person for whom you're looking, I will say that I always turn up my nose at ketchup () in favor of mustard. I eat my fries with mustard in the same manner that most eat their fries with ketchup or mayonnaise (double ). And, yes, sometimes (e.g. at the company cafeteria) the mustard of choice when I eat my fries is Grey Poupon.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 6:00 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Southwest A-List Preferred
I put mustard on everything. Every mustard I've tasted has been excellent, but I prefer brown spicy mustard - typically Gulden's.

^^
Old Nov 16, 2007, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I'm partial to the Sweet n Hot type.
Old Nov 17, 2007, 10:51 am

Programs: HA Pua. Platinum WP, PR, QF, UA, AA, DL, NW Prince Preferred
I like a French coarse grain mustard like this Meaux in the stoneware crock: http://www.splendidpalate.com/produc...tard-meaux.htm

And I'm also partial to deli style spicy mustard like the Plochman's Kosciusco in the glass jar: http://www.plochman.com/products.htm

And I buy French's Classic Yellow from Costco in the 1 gallon containers for $4 or $5!

I like mustard alot!
Old Nov 17, 2007, 11:05 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
French's Yellow Mustard.

Only.

Period.

Old Nov 17, 2007, 11:38 am

Programs: Credit Cards
funny you should mention it... I was craving Mustard this morning when I had a turkey sandwich for breakfast and couldn't find a single packet around the office... had to settle for some ketchup, but it wasn't what I was expecting.

--Russ
Old Nov 17, 2007, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I cannot stand plain yellow mustard. I remember being at a birthday party when I was quite young and wouldn't eat because all the hotdogs were pre-mustarded (a new word). It turns out that it was plain yellow mustard I didn't like. I like other varieties (grainy browns, hot/sweet, etc) and use them regularly. It took me 30-something years to regularly put mustards in the repertoire after such childhood traumas.
Old Nov 17, 2007, 12:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Oh good lord, yes. I adore mustard, prefer the grainy French varieties but any will be happily enjoyed. I buy Maille as a brand, or any Dijon mustard. I posted in the weird foods thread about my penchant for cheese and mustard on toast. I eat it regularly and think its quite normal but until FT i had not met another that indulged in the same treat. I'll also slather mustard on chicken, hot dogs, whatever really. Yum yum!
Old Nov 17, 2007, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by LaydeeSarah
I posted in the weird foods thread about my penchant for cheese and mustard on toast. I eat it regularly and think its quite normal but until FT i had not met another that indulged in the same treat.

Ummm ... isn't that Welsh Rarebit (a/k/a "rabbit")? I like it myself, but loathe raw, sliced tomato, which is usually included.
Old Nov 17, 2007, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by cblaisd
French's Yellow Mustard.

Only.

Period.

After my own heart. I love French's, but all other mustards burn my sinuses like I snorted vinegar. Also happens with horseradish and wasabi.
Old Nov 17, 2007, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plt
To Planes 21: To answer your question after visiting the website below, I think the closest airports to Mt. Horeb, Wisc. with commercial service are Madison (MSN) and Milwaukee (MKE).

http://www.mustardweb.com/
Old Nov 17, 2007, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JerseyVics
funny you should mention it... I was craving Mustard this morning when I had a turkey sandwich for breakfast and couldn't find a single packet around the office... had to settle for some ketchup, but it wasn't what I was expecting.

--Russ
Turkey sandwiches are made with mayo
Old Nov 17, 2007, 5:14 pm

Programs: Credit Cards
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Turkey sandwiches are made with mayo
be it as it may, I was craving Mustard...

no mayo for me...

--Russ
Old Nov 17, 2007, 6:11 pm

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I'm partial to the Sweet n Hot type.
I like the one Hickory Farms makes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.