Have anyone booked Oneworld reward tickets on Dragonair?

Old Nov 18, 2007, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Have anyone booked Oneworld reward tickets on Dragonair?

I'm trying to go from ORD-PVG-CKG or ORD-HKG-CKG, but the agent is telling me that CKG is not an redeemable city, even though Dragonair is part of Oneworld. What's up with that?
Old Nov 18, 2007, 5:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Originally Posted by nova474
I'm trying to go from ORD-PVG-CKG or ORD-HKG-CKG, but the agent is telling me that CKG is not an redeemable city, even though Dragonair is part of Oneworld. What's up with that?
The HKG-CKG flight operates MON, WED and FRI only.

I don't believe DragonAir has A PVG-CKG flight.
Old Nov 18, 2007, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by andrzej
The HKG-CKG flight operates MON, WED and FRI only.

I don't believe DragonAir has A PVG-CKG flight.
Yeah, called again and he found the flight. It would cost 70k miles total. Not bad, only problem was there was no return availability. Where can I get how many miles would an OneWorld award cost online? I don't want to keep hogging up the agents time.
Old Nov 18, 2007, 5:26 pm
Suspended

Yeah, called again and he found the flight. It would cost 70k miles total. Not bad, only problem was there was no return availability. Where can I get how many miles would an OneWorld award cost online? I don't want to keep hogging up the agents time.

You can't book a OW award online. You need 2 OW partners and AA doesn't count and there is no way to do that on www.aa.com,

but if you just want to know how many miles it will be, here it is:

http://www.aa.com/apps/AAdvantage/Vi...artnersContent
Old Nov 18, 2007, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

You can't book a OW award online. You need 2 OW partners and AA doesn't count and there is no way to do that on www.aa.com,

but if you just want to know how many miles it will be, here it is:

http://www.aa.com/apps/AAdvantage/Vi...artnersContent
Thanks, just what I'm looking for.
Old Nov 18, 2007, 5:49 pm
Suspended

I believe you are confusing different awards.

OneWorld award, ORD-CKG-ORD, economy, would be 100K miles.

All Partners award would be 50K miles for Asia1 award in low season and 65K miles in high season but I'm not so sure you can connect through HKG as it's Asia2.
Old Nov 18, 2007, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

I believe you are confusing different awards.

OneWorld award, ORD-CKG-ORD, economy, would be 100K miles.

All Partners award would be 50K miles for Asia1 award in low season and 65K miles in high season but I'm not so sure you can connect through HKG as it's Asia2.
I dunno, he said 75k. Maybe he meant 70k. I dunno, he admitted it was causing some problems because booking on Dragonair was causing some wrong redemption values.
Old Nov 18, 2007, 7:32 pm
Suspended

I dunno, he said 75k. Maybe he meant 70k. I dunno, he admitted it was causing some problems because booking on Dragonair was causing some wrong redemption values.

Try a different agent. It can't be 75 or 70K miles. It's either 50 or 65K miles with the All Partner award or 100K miles with OW award. There is no inbetween regardless of the partner(s) used.
Old Nov 18, 2007, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Try a different agent. It can't be 75 or 70K miles. It's either 50 or 65K miles with the All Partner award or 100K miles with OW award. There is no inbetween regardless of the partner(s) used.
Wouldn't it be 70k because that's the cost from ORD-HKG?
Old Nov 18, 2007, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Worth noting if you go with a OneWorld award... Dragonair and Cathay Pacific do NOT count as two different carriers. (I learned this the hard way, when an award ticket got kicked back by the "review board" after front-line agents thought it was fine.) So, your second non-AA carrier would probably have to be JAL.
Old Nov 18, 2007, 8:58 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Choi oi! That's good to know... thanks!

Originally Posted by danang
Worth noting if you go with a OneWorld award... Dragonair and Cathay Pacific do NOT count as two different carriers. (I learned this the hard way, when an award ticket got kicked back by the "review board" after front-line agents thought it was fine.) So, your second non-AA carrier would probably have to be JAL.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA Gold
AAdvatage reward seats on Dragonair

I just booked the first part of 2 business class reward ticketsto Phuket. The flight segment from Hong Kong to Phuket is on Dragonair, but in coach. The rest of our flights on AA and Cathay are in business and it is a biz class reward. Dragonair doesn't have award seats in their business class 330 days in advance when even Cathay had seats available. I find this hard to believe. Maybe they'll open up sometime between now and next November 22. AA says they can't waitlist for business seats. I have to keep calling them constantly.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 4:00 am

Actually, after checking CX's Asia miles own award availability (which is usually more generous than for OW partners), I wasnt able to see any business award seats for the route I was checking (HKG-PNH) for any date over almost 4 months. Perhaps only coach is made available for awards on Dragonair?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.