Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Music played on, during boarding / disembarking AA flights (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2016, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Music Played on AA During Boarding and Disembarkation

The music for the month can usually be found and played on Spotify, here. Previous playlists are shown as well.

[/B][/COLOR]
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2007, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage - Executive Platinum (2MM), Marriott Silver

I read a similar thread posted a year ago here but I wasn't really able to find the information I was looking for. In any case, I fly to Japan 1-2 a month for business and I usually hear the same musical set that is played upon boarding the plane. I don't know if different int'l airports might have it different, but I know for sure this was the case when boarding from Los Angeles (LAX) and Chicago (O'Hare) going to Narita Tokyo.

The music is usually played alongside some sort of nature video. The set has about 5-6 songs but for the life of me I never get around to writing the name of the musical artist down. I'm especially curious about this as I remember hearing one of the particular tunes I'm fond of played on one of the big radio stations in Japan (J-Wave I think) during the late evenings.

The only thing I could remember is that I believe the recording studio was CBS Records, but that may be just a total fluke there. In the past I have seen music CDs that appear to be sponsored by American Airlines or some such manner but I don't know if that's related or not.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Chris

EDIT: Okay, somehow the cogs in my brain started working and I found the name of one(?) of the artists. His name is Richard Burmer (rest his soul) and I believe the music is from one of his older albums called Sunday Morning Coffee. One of the tracks was "Across the View". The rest, I'm still hazy on. Perhaps this will be of some usefulness to other people?

Last edited by Shinikenshi; Nov 29, 2007 at 2:55 pm Reason: Found my answer!
Old Nov 29, 2007, 3:05 pm

I had Crosby Stills and Nash, "Southern Cross" while boarding this week on a 757.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage - Executive Platinum (2MM), Marriott Silver
Hmm...that sounds about right. I believe that was also part of the music selection on rotation. Thanks for the heads up!
Old Nov 29, 2007, 4:14 pm

Programs: My opinions are not those of AA or any affiliates of AMR Corp.
for a few selected aircraft, we have the option to either play what is already pre-programmed for the inseat audio, or play what was recorded with the boarding video.

For the inseat audio (few selections can be played over the PA) you can find out what the selections for any given month are at aa.com ON American Airlines, the Audio Music Guide.

For the "Boarding Video" the title is "Dreamscapes". I'm not sure of any of the artists, or where the clouds, streams, waterfalls, etc are recorded. I tried to do a search on AA.com, but couldn't pull up any info for it.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by Shinikenshi
In any case, I fly to Japan 1-2 a month for business
You don't have a job opening do you?

I'm actually looking for one with business trips to Japan so as to meet my fiancee and their family more often.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Sluggoaafa,

There is an inflight commercial AA plays that has Nicola Conte's 18th St Lounge as the background music.

Here is the song: Bossa per Due

Has anyone else seen this commercial? I've tried searching for it, but no luck.

Sorry to Shinikenshi for the thread hijack.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 5:17 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I have no idea if it is related to this Dreamscapes on Amazon.com, but you may want to check it out - CD and downloadable MP3s. Since they allow a listen, you may be able to identify whether or not this is the music.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 5:26 pm

Programs: Recovering AA flyer, LT PLT 2.6 MM
QF was running a video loop of Australian acts on (apparently) every single flight during boarding -- they may still be doing it. Of course, it always started at the beginning and this was the first one in the loop:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEXLfCEALG4

While the young lady is very attractive, it quickly became maddening. The repetitive hook in the song was stuck in my head for months.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 7:41 pm

A little OT, but the Eagle boarding song has been in my head for weeks now, but can't find it anywhere. Any idea what song it is?
Old Nov 29, 2007, 8:54 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Equally OT but I think BA has finally cooled it with the Flower Duet, which was getting as brain-numbing as the theme from "It's a Small Small World" at Disneyland. Aieee.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 10:07 pm

Programs: My opinions are not those of AA or any affiliates of AMR Corp.
Originally Posted by badpuppy
A little OT, but the Eagle boarding song has been in my head for weeks now, but can't find it anywhere. Any idea what song it is?
I think Eagle's boarding music is Enya. I know quite a few times that I would board either Eagle and/or Connection, it often be an Enya song.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by Shinikenshi
I read a similar thread posted a year ago here but I wasn't really able to find the information I was looking for. In any case, I fly to Japan 1-2 a month for business and I usually hear the same musical set that is played upon boarding the plane. I don't know if different int'l airports might have it different, but I know for sure this was the case when boarding from Los Angeles (LAX) and Chicago (O'Hare) going to Narita Tokyo.

The music is usually played alongside some sort of nature video. The set has about 5-6 songs but for the life of me I never get around to writing the name of the musical artist down. I'm especially curious about this as I remember hearing one of the particular tunes I'm fond of played on one of the big radio stations in Japan (J-Wave I think) during the late evenings.

The only thing I could remember is that I believe the recording studio was CBS Records, but that may be just a total fluke there. In the past I have seen music CDs that appear to be sponsored by American Airlines or some such manner but I don't know if that's related or not.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Chris

EDIT: Okay, somehow the cogs in my brain started working and I found the name of one(?) of the artists. His name is Richard Burmer (rest his soul) and I believe the music is from one of his older albums called Sunday Morning Coffee. One of the tracks was "Across the View". The rest, I'm still hazy on. Perhaps this will be of some usefulness to other people?
Hi Chris --

If you find the information you're looking for, I'd be very interested in it -- please be sure to post back.

In addition to "Across the View" by Richard Burmer, I think another track might be "Mutiny on the Bounty" (closing tracks, I think), by Vangelis.

But there are other songs that I'm still interested in finding (one in particular -- plays with the crashing waves on the AA video). So if anyone knows of more, please be sure to post!

Thanks!
Johan.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 6:59 am

Programs: Lifetime Plat/4mm miles, Starwood, HiltonHonors
[QUOTE=Shinikenshi;8810884]
The only thing I could remember is that I believe the recording studio was CBS Records, but that may be just a total fluke there.

If it did say it was recorded at CBS Records, it's quite old. Columbia Records, owned by CBS in the 1980s, closed the W 52nd St. studios in 1988, about the same time Columbia was sold to Sony, which then closed the E. 30th Street (church) studio. Minutiae makes the world go round.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 7:04 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Worst case scenario - next person seeing this on their flight, please read the credits and post.
Old Dec 1, 2007, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA LTP, Bonvoy Titanium; AA CK before I retired
Not sure about Dreamscapes, but for many years AA played a video called Earthscapes by Robert Fortney during boarding of international flights.

http://www.amazon.com/Earthscapes/dp/6304718756

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.