Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

EXPIRED: Earn up to Four Free Nights at Le MERIDIEN: redeem by 3/31/09

Old Dec 4, 2007, 12:05 pm
Company Representative - Starwood
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Employee Level

Hi. I just got wind of a couple of offers from Le Meridien brand that I thought everyone might be interested in.

The first:

Earn up to Four Free Nights at Le MERIDIEN

Begin your journey at Le Méridien with an inspirational offer and earn up to four complimentary nights not just to be used, but savored at any of Le Méridien’s 115 destinations worldwide. www.lemeridien.com/journey

The second is actually a contest:

Celebrate, Blog, Explore. Win a New Year’s Cultural Journey

It’s the way you would spend New Year’s if someone gave you a blank sheet of paper and told you to dream. Four global winners will thunder in the New Year in Shanghai, Vienna, Monaco or Miami. Winners will enjoy a curated cultural experience by Flavorpill, VIP access to their chosen cities most exclusive party, three complimentary nights of accommodation, a digital camera, and more.’

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/promot...l?category=INS

Both are limited time offers, so step on board quickly.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Dec 4, 2007, 12:35 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AF Silver
The New Year's offer claims you need a valid US passport. I am a US resident and I don't believe my passport prohibits me going to any of the countries specified - can I still enter?
Old Dec 4, 2007, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hyatt DIA, *W/IC Plat, HH Gold, A3 *G, Sixt Plat
Thanks, William! Great promo.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jamesn00
The New Year's offer claims you need a valid US passport. I am a US resident and I don't believe my passport prohibits me going to any of the countries specified - can I still enter?
Sorry, but maybe I'm just misunderstanding the question...

You say you are a US resident. By this statement, you seem to have a valid US passport. Why would you question whether or not you could enter the contest?

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Dec 4, 2007, 1:38 pm

The T&Cs aren't very clear on the 4 Free Nights Promo:
- An eligible stay is defined as one or more consecutive nights paying a qualifying rate, at a Starwood Preferred Guest participating hotel and that posts to the member's Starwood Preferred Guest account.
I can't find anywhere on there that the 3/5/7 stays must be made at LeMeridien properties, although I would have thought that would have been neccessary otherwise this promo seems to be far to rich for a bunch of FourPoints stays. Further, the above from the T&Cs just says that an eligible stay must be done at an SPG participating hotel. Can you please clarify if the stays must be made at any SPG participating hotel (like I hope) or if they must be made at Le Meridiens (like I assume)?
Old Dec 4, 2007, 1:40 pm

Nevermind, I guess the "participating properties" that are all Le Meridien properties are the hotels that must be stayed at, not just the hotels that can be redeemed at like I initially thought.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 1:47 pm

Definitely a nice promo for those living in Malaysia/Thailand/etc that want a nice 4-night vacation to Bora Bora.............................^

Too bad there aren't more L.M.'s in the USA.........................
Old Dec 4, 2007, 1:52 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF SG, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P
Originally Posted by gregorygrady
Nevermind, I guess the "participating properties" that are all Le Meridien properties are the hotels that must be stayed at, not just the hotels that can be redeemed at like I initially thought.
The T&C only say it needs to be a property which participates in SPG. In other words, Mr. Parker et al. are excluded. But it does not say you have to stay in a LM property, only a SPG property.
Be aware that the awards must be used on or before 31/3/2008.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 1:55 pm

Programs: A Few
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Sorry, but maybe I'm just misunderstanding the question...

You say you are a US resident. By this statement, you seem to have a valid US passport. Why would you question whether or not you could enter the contest?

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
I read him to be saying...I'm a US resident and have a green card, but am not a US citizen and have a passport from XXXX where I'm a citizen.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
The T&C only say it needs to be a property which participates in SPG. In other words, Mr. Parker et al. are excluded. But it does not say you have to stay in a LM property, only a SPG property.
Be aware that the awards must be used on or before 31/3/2008.
That's how I read the offer initially. But I'm thinking I was wrong, and so are you. If so, they really need to clairfy the T&Cs. If not, I'll be having a great stay at LM Bora Bora just as soon as I make 7 FourPoints stays..........^

Starwood Lurker, is there any way you can clarify which SPG properties need to be stayed at in order to obtain the 4 Free L.M. nights? Thanks in advance...........
Old Dec 4, 2007, 2:40 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AF Silver
Originally Posted by yycworldtraveler
I read him to be saying...I'm a US resident and have a green card, but am not a US citizen and have a passport from XXXX where I'm a citizen.
Exactly - I'm a UK citizen but a US resident.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Is this offer combinable with the Q1 promo?
Old Dec 4, 2007, 4:08 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
That's how I read the offer initially. But I'm thinking I was wrong, and so are you. If so, they really need to clairfy the T&Cs. If not, I'll be having a great stay at LM Bora Bora just as soon as I make 7 FourPoints stays..........^

Starwood Lurker, is there any way you can clarify which SPG properties need to be stayed at in order to obtain the 4 Free L.M. nights? Thanks in advance...........
As the T&C states:
- A maximum of 4 free Night Awards can be earned at any participating Le Meridien Hotels.
- Infers either you earn only at Le Meridien OR you redeem only at Le Meridien

- Members may earn one Free Night Award after their third (3) eligible stay, their second free night after their fifth (5) eligible stay and 2 additional free nights after their seventh (7) eligible stay.
- So a total of 7 nights somewhere will get 4 LM nights

- An eligible stay is defined as one or more consecutive nights paying a qualifying rate, at a Starwood Preferred Guest participating hotel and that posts to the member's Starwood Preferred Guest account.
- SPG Participating Hotel... doesn't specify LM, just a generic participating hotel.

I am most certainly hoping that both of you are RIGHT, and with that, I am off looking for some 4PTS...

BTW: Thanks William!
Old Dec 4, 2007, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
I am most certainly hoping that both of you are RIGHT, and with that, I am off looking for some 4PTS...

BTW: Thanks William!
Hey, I read it just like you read it. I thought I must be missing something, but I guess not if 2 other people read it the same way as I do. And I guess no reply is a good reply by Lurker. I just registered and printed off all the T&Cs as they were written (so they can't do any funny business changing of them on me ). Now off to book a flight to Tahiti. This will fit in nicely with my UA CNZ mistake fare to NZ in March...........^ Now to book 7 cheapie Four Points stays at my local 4Points and I'm good to go..........................^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Thanks SPG for the generous promo!!!!!
Old Dec 4, 2007, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Hey, I read it just like you read it. I thought I must be missing something, but I guess not if 2 other people read it the same way as I do. And I guess no reply is a good reply by Lurker. I just registered and printed off all the T&Cs as they were written (so they can't do any funny business changing of them on me ). Now off to book a flight to Tahiti. This will fit in nicely with my UA CNZ mistake fare to NZ in March...........^ Now to book 7 cheapie Four Points stays at my local 4Points and I'm good to go..........................^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Thanks SPG for the generous promo!!!!!
Sorry to burst the bubble, but only stays at Le Meridien properties are going to qualify.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.