Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa, CA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa, CA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2007, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Arrow Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa, CA [Master Thread]

Just saw this on SPG.com for a trip I'm taking to San Diego next week...says it opens in April of 08...did a search and came up with nothing...anyone know anything about this place? Is it a new build, or a rehab?
Old Dec 6, 2007, 4:10 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
It is a brand new hotel. they are building it from the ground up. it opens april 3, 2008. it is close to Legoland. I can't wait till it opens. already have a reservation for this hotel.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
I'm excited too...near legoland, my corporate headquarters, the beach, it has a spa, and great golf nearby...I hope it has a nice pool area and spa, kind of hard to tell.
Old Feb 24, 2008, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Any more information?

I am looking to stay here with my two young kids (3 1/2 and 2) in July along with my inlaws...anyone know anything about how many suites they will have and what golf course it is on? Trying to find any information on this resort is not easy...
Old Feb 25, 2008, 7:19 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
From the very first entry I get from Googling sheraton carlsbad resort spa:

http://www.grandpacificresorts.com/resorts/scr.aspx

Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa opens early 2008 with 129 guest rooms, including 13 suites, with plans of 250 guest rooms by Spring 2008 and at final completion 350.

Located on 15 acres adjacent to the Legoland theme park and across the street from The Crossings at Carlsbad 18-hole championship golf course which is now open. The hilltop setting provides views of the Pacific Ocean and Carlsbad strawberry fields.

From that page, there are lots of links to other details about the hotel!

Phase 1 has 129 rooms - 58 Double Queens, 59 King, 12 Suites (Of the 129 rooms, 7 are ADA Rooms.)

I do not yet have a precise location for this hotel in my GE mapping files. The address is on a brand new street off of Cannon Rd. The map on the Starwood site is on the wrong side of I-5.

Now open! This property opened on Thursday, Feb 21. Construction on Phase 2 is still going on, though.

For additional hotel info as Travel Agents may see it, also see...
http://www.hotel-rates.com/us/califo...esort-spa.html

This hotel has a Club Lounge.

Last edited by sc flier; Feb 25, 2008 at 7:47 am
Old Feb 25, 2008, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Duh!

Google...oh yeah, I've heard of that...SORRY! Don't know if there is a face for totally embarrassed, but if there is...I'd post it!

Thanks!
Old Feb 25, 2008, 9:15 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by bsdstone
Don't know if there is a face for totally embarrassed, but if there is...I'd post it!

Mouse over the smilies to see what they say that they represent. (I have no idea about whether this works in all browsers.)
Old Feb 28, 2008, 2:50 am

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Diam, MR Plat, AA Plat, CO Elite Plat., Hertz Gold
Sheraton Carlsbad

I live in SD and am familiar with this hotel. It is located just off Interstate 5 at the Cannon Road exit. The hotel is built on property that used to be farmland. Surrounding area includes Carlsbad outlet mall, low key corporate area, 5 min from beach and right next to Legoland. I would recommend restaurants in downtown Carlsbad one exit south, west on Carlsbad Village Dr. Lots of great places on or near PCH.

Legoland is great if you want to spend a lot of money for 2 hours of fun. Would recommend Sea World, more bang for the buck. Flower field and pick your own strawberry fields are fun for the wife/kids.

Golf in the area is great. Most major golf manufacturers are based in Carlsbad. La Costa and Aviara are only a few minutes away, as are many other nice courses. I'll post a link with pics of the property in the next week.

Last edited by socalplat; Feb 28, 2008 at 3:02 am
Old Feb 28, 2008, 3:00 am

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Diam, MR Plat, AA Plat, CO Elite Plat., Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by bsdstone
I am looking to stay here with my two young kids (3 1/2 and 2) in July along with my inlaws...anyone know anything about how many suites they will have and what golf course it is on? Trying to find any information on this resort is not easy...
Stone,

If you want to check the location, google car country road or paseo del norte and cannon road in Carlsbad. The resort is a block or two east off the cannon road exit just past the car dealerships and the strawberry fields.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 3:45 pm

Goodday everyone. Just letting you guys know i will be checking into this hotel today. In about an hour or so. I will let you guys know how it went.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 8:11 pm
Community Director Emerita

Starwood website shows the hotel as one block from the ocean in the village of Carlsbad. However, it sounds as though it is east of Interstate 5, a totally different location.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 10:51 pm

I live in Carlsbad. The new hotel is just East of the 5 freeway (Cannon exit is correct). It's a quick drive to the ocean (less than 5 minutes)... but definitely not one block away. That map on the Starwood website is incorrect, but their directions look correct.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 4:35 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
Originally Posted by gabo02
Goodday everyone. Just letting you guys know i will be checking into this hotel today. In about an hour or so. I will let you guys know how it went.
Any updates?

Matt
Old Mar 6, 2008, 7:52 pm

In less then a week i have been there twice. Both stays was upgraded to a club level floor and yesterday was upgraded to a suite. This hotel even though has new employees they do know how to treat there platinum members. They do have a club lounge. they offer free internet in the room. from the view from the rooms you can see the sun going down into the ocean. had a couple of beers at the bar. in my opinion the prices are really good. it only has about 129 rooms which only 12 are suites. so good luck getting a suite. they have been almost full since opening day. they have great prices for being a resort. so two ^ up for the new member of the *wood family.
Old Mar 7, 2008, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gabo02
In less then a week i have been there twice. Both stays was upgraded to a club level floor and yesterday was upgraded to a suite. This hotel even though has new employees they do know how to treat there platinum members. They do have a club lounge. they offer free internet in the room. from the view from the rooms you can see the sun going down into the ocean. had a couple of beers at the bar. in my opinion the prices are really good. it only has about 129 rooms which only 12 are suites. so good luck getting a suite. they have been almost full since opening day. they have great prices for being a resort. so two ^ up for the new member of the *wood family.

This is GREAT news! I am going to book two rooms for 5 nights there in July...I hope to get a suite and will contact the property to see if I need to pay extra points as the wife and I like to have a separate room to retreat to when our boys are sleeping...Can you give a brief description of the suite, or does anyone have any pics they can share?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.