Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

New Offer: Up to 6,000 Bonus Points (Registration Required)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2007, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, AB, AC, ..., ZZ

1,000 points for 1st stay, 2,000 points for 2nd stay, 3,000 points for 3rd stay. Arrival date must be between December 17, 2007 and March 31, 2008. Registration required.

www.spg.com/6000points
Old Dec 15, 2007, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA(2MM)-Plt, HH-Gld, HY-Glb, ICAmb-Plt, SPG-Plt (Life), AMEX-Plt
Thanks! ^
Old Dec 15, 2007, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks...note that it is only available for selected hotels in the US, Canada, and Caribean, but the list is pretty extensive.
Also the 2nd and 3rd stay bonuses are for stays at the *same* participating hotel or resort.

Full T&C:
* Offer is only valid at participating Starwood Hotels & Resorts in North America. Please visit spg.com/6000points for a complete list of participating properties.
* Starwood Preferred Guest members who register online or call 888-625-4988 and mention registration code Q1C no later than March 30, 2008 will earn 1,000 bonus Starpoints on their 1st eligible stay, 2,000 bonus Starpoints on their 2nd eligible stay and 3,000 on their 3rd eligible stay at the same hotel.
* Up to 6,000 bonus Starpoints may be earned per participating property.
* Arrival date must be between December 17, 2007 and March 31, 2008.
* Promotion is not retroactive for stays completed before registration and existing reservations booked prior to registration are not eligible.
* An eligible stay is defined as one or more consecutive nights paying a qualifying rate at the same hotel and that posts to the member’s Starwood Preferred Guest account. A qualifying rate is any rate that is eligible to earn Starpoints in the Starwood Preferred Guest program.
* Only one bonus per stay will be awarded per member regardless of the number of rooms booked or the number of individual reservations.
* Members participating in SPG’s Airline Direct Deposit(SM) option and have selected Aeroplan® miles as their currency of choice will automatically have the bonus Starpoints converted into Aeroplan miles. Airline miles may not be credited back to an SPG account. Members may select Aeroplan as their Preferred Frequent Flyer Program by calling 1-888-627-7143.
* Any bonus Starpoints earned will post to the member's account within 4 to 6 weeks after the qualifying stay posts.
* This offer cannot be combined with other offers and is not applicable to groups.
* All promotions are subject to the Starwood Preferred Guest program terms and conditions, which are subject to change without notice and can be found at SPG.com.
* Not responsible for typographical errors. Void where prohibited by law. Starwood reserves the right to discontinue this offer at any time.
Old Dec 15, 2007, 3:45 pm

Thanks for posting!! Looks good! This actually looks more like UNLIMITED pts, not just up to 6k pts. Seems like you can get up to 6k pts per property, and there are MANY participating properties!!! But what is the nonsense about already booked stays not counting for this promo? As far as I know SPG hasn't had a stupid rule like that before, have they??? Or was this promo just pushed through too quickly as well with the wrong T&Cs like the Le Meridien promo?

Terms and Conditions

Offer is only valid at participating Starwood Hotels & Resorts in North America. Please visit spg.com/6000points for a complete list of participating properties.
Starwood Preferred Guest members who register online or call 888-625-4988 and mention registration code Q1C no later than March 30, 2008 will earn 1,000 bonus Starpoints on their 1st eligible stay, 2,000 bonus Starpoints on their 2nd eligible stay and 3,000 on their 3rd eligible stay at the same hotel.
Up to 6,000 bonus Starpoints may be earned per participating property.
Arrival date must be between December 17, 2007 and March 31, 2008.
Promotion is not retroactive for stays completed before registration and existing reservations booked prior to registration are not eligible.
An eligible stay is defined as one or more consecutive nights paying a qualifying rate at the same hotel and that posts to the member’s Starwood Preferred Guest account. A qualifying rate is any rate that is eligible to earn Starpoints in the Starwood Preferred Guest program.
Only one bonus per stay will be awarded per member regardless of the number of rooms booked or the number of individual reservations.
Members participating in SPG’s Airline Direct Deposit(SM) option and have selected Aeroplan® miles as their currency of choice will automatically have the bonus Starpoints converted into Aeroplan miles. Airline miles may not be credited back to an SPG account. Members may select Aeroplan as their Preferred Frequent Flyer Program by calling 1-888-627-7143.
Any bonus Starpoints earned will post to the member's account within 4 to 6 weeks after the qualifying stay posts.
This offer cannot be combined with other offers and is not applicable to groups.
All promotions are subject to the Starwood Preferred Guest program terms and conditions, which are subject to change without notice and can be found at SPG.com.
Not responsible for typographical errors. Void where prohibited by law. Starwood reserves the right to discontinue this offer at any time.
Old Dec 15, 2007, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, AB, AC, ..., ZZ
Originally Posted by soitgoes
Thanks...note that it is only available for selected hotels in the US, Canada, and Caribean, but the list is pretty extensive.
Also the 2nd and 3rd stay bonuses are for stays at the *same* participating hotel or resort.
You can locate participating properties on a Google map using pointmaven.

Also, the following shortcut will take you directly to a map with SPG properties centered around an airport (or metro area): http://www.pointmaven.com/SPG/WAS (replace WAS with an airport/metro code).
Old Dec 15, 2007, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
This offer cannot be combined with other offers and is not applicable to groups.
Does this mean that this is not combinable with Q1 promo?

If so, why bother having this promo since I'm sure most people have already signed up for the other one.
Old Dec 15, 2007, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, Delta PM, *wood Ambassador Plat, Marriott Self-Imposed Exile
great point... but if i remember correctly... you can max out on the Q1 promo...for some of the choices.
Old Dec 15, 2007, 5:11 pm

Thanks for that
Old Dec 15, 2007, 5:19 pm

Programs: AC*SE, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, PC Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Does this mean that this is not combinable with Q1 promo?

If so, why bother having this promo since I'm sure most people have already signed up for the other one.
Nope - this 6k promo is clearly being paid for by the properties (since some properties have chosen not to participate). The Q1 promo is a Starwood promo. Since they are paid for by different entities, they will stack fine. On the other hand, if you are taking advantage of a property specific rate (e.g. earn 1k bonus for a specific rate code), you might experience a problem having both property bonuses post.

Starwood continues to impress ^^. It should be a very fruitful Q1 for me, since I have lots of upcoming travel. I'll be directing close to 100% of my stays to Starwood. Three great promos happening concurrently - Le Meridien earn 4 stays, the Q1 promo and this promo. It is unfortunate that I will need to rebook 10 or so current bookings (especially since they are already lined up with the 500 booking bonus), but it is a small price to pay. Hopefully the Helpdesk site will come up again shortly.

SG

Last edited by Snow Goose; Dec 15, 2007 at 7:54 pm
Old Dec 15, 2007, 5:55 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
well at least they are stackable
Old Dec 15, 2007, 6:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Snow Goose
Starwood continues to impress ^^.
i couldn't disagree more. while they are clearly point happy right now, they also have had major increases in the points necessary to redeem rooms. the net impact of these promotions for me is negligible.

it must be nice to be able to print your own currency.
Old Dec 15, 2007, 7:01 pm

Thanks to boazs for posting this! I registered and immediately saw that one of the hotels I stay at most is on the list. I don't have any plans to stay there during the promo, but I bet I can work 3 stays there into my plans!

Question though for William when he notices this thread. The promo says "Earn up to 6,000 points." Someone upthread suggested the earning are potentially infinite, that it's just 6,000 per hotel. I want to be sure that is true. If one can earn the bonus at multiple hotels, that makes sense. The promo will encourage me to try and make 3 stays at each of the hotels I stay at during the promo period, or as many as possible up to 3. I'd likely do it at several hotels. But before I book those I want to be sure that the total earning are not limited to 6,000 points on the promo. It would still be a good promo if that is the limit, and I will still do it for 6,000, but I'd generate more stays if can do 6,000 repeatedly!
Old Dec 15, 2007, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
deleted ... answered my own question
Old Dec 15, 2007, 7:50 pm

Programs: AC*SE, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, PC Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by fly co to see the yanks
i couldn't disagree more. while they are clearly point happy right now, they also have had major increases in the points necessary to redeem rooms. the net impact of these promotions for me is negligible.

LOL! Based on how you feel about the last round of category creep, I would recommend getting out now before it happens again this February. Given the performance of the U.S. dollar, big changes are inevitable!

Personally, even with the change last year and a projected recategorization this February, no other program can currently compete with Starwood in terms of earning power. I'll be averaging 5000 points per night between now and March (mostly 1 night stays). Combine that with the fact that for my travel patterns Starwood offers the best price/performance ratio and that I enjoy most of the Starwood brands.

I would be very interested to hear what other hotel chain currently provides the right mix for your travel patterns?

SG
Old Dec 15, 2007, 8:01 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by fly co to see the yanks

.... and soon we are going to see another significant increase in the number of properties that move up an award category or two.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.