Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

New Chase Continental Airlines Mastercard offer might make me jump

Old Dec 20, 2007, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO - silver, dl plat, spg plat, Marriot plat

I received this offer yesterday from CO. I would never jump at the offer except that they now will give me a year of Presidents club as well as $100 in my "travelbank" I am seriously considering this.

I am curious if anyone else has received this offer and if you are considering it. What do you think about it?

We're honored to introduce our new premium product, the Continental Airlines Presidential Plus(SM) World MasterCard a new loyalty card for our most valued customers.

In addition to earning OnePass miles for all purchases, you'll receive*:

* A Presidents Club membership
* EliteAccess Priority Airport Services
* Flex Elite Qualification Miles
* Double OnePass miles on hotel stays, car rental purchases and Continental tickets
* An invitation to join an exclusive Avis program that allows you to bypass the counter and go straight to your car with up to a two-car class upgrade
* Complimentary Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum Membership

As a Continental Airlines Presidential Plus(SM) cardmember, you'll receive all of these premium benefits for an annual fee of $375. If you apply for the Continental Airlines Presidential Plus(SM) Card by Dec. 31, 2007, and are approved, you'll also receive a $100 deposit into your TravelBank account, which you can use toward purchasing travel on Continental Airlines.**
Old Dec 20, 2007, 10:49 am

Programs: CO Plat(soon Premier Gold) PC lifetime(UC Life?) SPG Plat(Soon Gold)
Did you somehow miss this thread?
Or are you talking about "$100 TravelBank" part as new and make you jump?
Old Dec 20, 2007, 10:51 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by PforPlatinum
Did you somehow miss this thread?
Or are you talking about "$100 TravelBank" part as new and make you jump?
I think he is talking about the 'new travelbank' incentive.....just enough incentive to make him jump
Old Dec 20, 2007, 10:59 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Platinum
Ever since the CO Chase card debacle two years ago, I avoid their offers like the plague...
Old Dec 20, 2007, 11:04 am
Suspended

hope the granting of EliteAccess@ Airport Prority Services doesnt mean getting Full Elite Benefits w/o being Elite. That will simply just Water down everything which is bad enough already. Adding all those people to Biz checkin counters, Security Elite lines, and early boarding will reduce any value that flying to be an Elite has.

Also it will simply swell the already overcrowded PCs, glad Im not a PC member.

I can see it now, the next time I purchase a tkt on CO, being asked " Are you interested in purchasing a seat for $150 more rather then remain Standing
for the duration of your 6 hr trans-con flight". LoL if it wasnt against FAA rules , they would probably do it!
Old Dec 20, 2007, 11:05 am

Programs: CO Plat; Marriott Silver; Hilton Gold
I received yesterday's offer, but it just didn't seem worth it to me....
Old Dec 20, 2007, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by craz
hope the granting of EliteAccess@ Airport Prority Services doesnt mean getting Full Elite Benefits w/o being Elite. That will simply just Water down everything which is bad enough already. Adding all those people to Biz checkin counters, Security Elite lines, and early boarding will reduce any value that flying to be an Elite has.
It only gives you EliteAccess, no upgrades or things like that.

As far as the "overcrowded" PCs, I see it but I don't. I've never seen people standing around because there is nowhere to sit, though I've seen PCs with lots of people. I think that's crowded though, not overcrowded.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Renard
I think he is talking about the 'new travelbank' incentive.....just enough incentive to make him jump
I see, since it is one-time offer, he'll cancel the card after one year, but still can get one-year PC membership with $275, along with 5% discount, EliteAccess, etc...

That may not be a bad deal for people with no status and no PC membership.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 11:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Hartmann
It only gives you EliteAccess, no upgrades or things like that.
I wasnt talking about Upgrades. I was talking about Exactly what they do plan to give away. There are times that the line for the Blue carpet is already 1/2 mile long due to the Silvers and Golds.

My last 3 trips out of EWR the reg lines at Security were shorter and moving faster then the very long Elite Line access

With Upgrades far and few the past few yrs, and now this nonsense, I cant see any benefit to being an Elite, except for getting all the bonus Non-usable miles

CO is simply becoming a Lady of The Night, with the same age old question still being the main discussion, How Much will it cost me? CO just reduced her price to $375 ( keep in mind CO has to give her pimp Chase some of that $375 to boot)

Last edited by craz; Dec 20, 2007 at 11:33 am
Old Dec 20, 2007, 11:30 am

Time to implement boarding-by-level...

Platinum, Gold, Silver, Y-fare, P+ card holder.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 11:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by PforPlatinum
Time to implement boarding-by-level...

Platinum, Gold, Silver, Y-fare, P+ card holder.
I agree , however if CO actually implemented it , they would have to start the boarding process an hour before flight time, and their on time departure might if they are lucky get up to 5%.

Id say CO should remove Slivers and this new Chase thing from being to access it
Old Dec 20, 2007, 11:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Renard
even with the increased offer, this discussion probably should have been added to the existing thread on this subject, no? in that thread, there are some good arguments for/against the card. those arguments don't change with the additional $100 travelbank monies, right? the extra monies just tip the scales a bit. no reason to rehash all the pros and cons when they've already been spelled out in another thread.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by craz
Id say CO should remove Slivers and this new Chase thing from being to access it
I like how it's the "Slivers" that are causing the problems. Why stop there? Why not just give privilege to Platinums.

I agree that the Elite access for the Chase users is kind of annoying but how many of these people are actually out there? How many get the card exclusively for EliteAccess?
Old Dec 20, 2007, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM

Also it will simply swell the already overcrowded PCs, glad Im not a PC member.
What's the benefit? @ EWR the EA is longer than the TSA normal line anyways. EA checkin? Again, the agents just push people to the kiosks.

PClub? its the same price as a pclub membership, more or less, so if they can get more members this way, go for it.

I really don't expect *that* many takers.

I was sitting next to a guy from Chase 2 weeks ago on PHL-IAH, he was asking if I knew about the chase PP card, and I said yes, but I don't think it provides enough value to justify the fee PLat only pays $300 for the club. He was plat too (comped due to chase/co... flying on AU)
Old Dec 20, 2007, 12:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Hartmann
I like how it's the "Slivers" that are causing the problems. Why stop there? Why not just give privilege to Platinums.

I agree that the Elite access for the Chase users is kind of annoying but how many of these people are actually out there? How many get the card exclusively for EliteAccess?

OK take it away from the Golds as well.

CO should leave something on the table to entice people to go after the higher levels of Elite, as of now the only benefit is the extra non-usable Bonus miles. OK for Plats PC entrance day of Intl flight no matter which class the tkt is in.

its just why give a Silver the same basic benefits as a Gold or Plat? Each level should offer more benefits then the previous one. As of now the Sole diffference between Silver and Gold is S gets 50% bonus miles, while G gets 100%.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.