Wiki Posts
Search

MaxJet Files for Bankruptcy

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2007, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
MaxJet Files for Bankruptcy

MAXjet has filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy and has discontinued service.

http://www.maxjet.com/

IMPORTANT UPDATE FROM MAXJET
Information below regarding those who have booked travel

Dear Friends of MAXjet:

It is with deep regret that I must inform you that MAXjet filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy on 24 December 2007. With today’s fuel prices and the resulting impact on the credit climate for airlines, we are forced to take this drastic measure. Our top priority is to assist our customers, particularly those who already have begun their travel with us, in securing alternative flight accommodations.

MAXjet has contracted with Eos Airlines for seats on Eos’ scheduled all-Premium service to accommodate passengers awaiting a return flight between New York and London. Passengers needing return travel between London, Los Angeles and Las Vegas will be contacted regarding their flight re-accommodations. Any customers who choose to make flight accommodations directly should seek a refund from their point of purchase (credit card or travel agency) for the unused leg of their journey.

We have also secured hotel rooms in London, New York, Las Vegas and Los Angeles through early January 2008 which we will provide to affected passengers whose travel plans have been disrupted.

On behalf of the entire MAXjet family, we extend our apologies to you for the inconvenience. We are extremely saddened to discontinue a service that we so passionately believe in, and we thank our loyal flyers who helped build MAXjet since our start in 2005.

Sincerely,

William D. Stockbridge
President and CEO
Old Dec 24, 2007, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

kind of surprising it took this long IMHO.

MAXjet has contracted with Eos Airlines for seats on Eos’ scheduled all-Premium service to accommodate passengers awaiting a return flight between New York and London.
lucky

E0 was fantastic.
Old Dec 24, 2007, 3:16 pm

I'm sorry that they've filed for bankruptcy, but I have to give them kudos for putting out an announcement that clearly indicates all they're doing to make things right for the customer.
Old Dec 24, 2007, 6:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
Damn, I just planned to take them back from JFK, way cheaper than EOS or Silverjet.
Old Dec 25, 2007, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

CO to Accept MAXjet Airways Tickets

HOUSTON, Dec. 24 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Continental Airlines (NYSE: CAL - News) has announced that it will accept tickets for standby travel from passengers who were originally scheduled to fly on MAXjet Airways following that airline's cessation of service, on Dec. 24, 2007.

Source: http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/071224/lam010.html?.v=101
Old Dec 25, 2007, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

MAXjet expects to liquidate business

NEW YORK (Reuters) - MAXjet Airways (MAXJ.L: Quote, Profile, Research), faced with high fuel costs and competition, said on Monday it had ceased operations and expected to liquidate all or part of its business.

Source: http://www.reuters.com/article/marke...0071224?rpc=44
Old Dec 25, 2007, 3:37 pm

Programs: No more status...just doing my best in burning my points/miles.
Originally Posted by Rejuvenated
HOUSTON, Dec. 24 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Continental Airlines (NYSE: CAL - News) has announced that it will accept tickets for standby travel from passengers who were originally scheduled to fly on MAXjet Airways following that airline's cessation of service, on Dec. 24, 2007.

Source: http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/071224/lam010.html?.v=101
It says nothing about class of service. Somehow I doubt they'll be flying the passengers in J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.