UA's seats - absorbs methane pretty well

Old Dec 30, 2007, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond
UA's seats - absorbs methane pretty well

Has anybody noticed that other airlines don't have seats that absorb methane very well. It seems United has really put a lot of thought into it. But if I shift, that's when it breaks loose.

Last edited by Wiggums; Mar 24, 2009 at 11:57 am
Old Dec 30, 2007, 2:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I smell a candidate for the Post of the Year award...
Old Dec 30, 2007, 2:38 pm

Programs: GM
ewwwwwww.....

too much information.
Old Dec 30, 2007, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA 2K, MM, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by Wiggums
Has anybody noticed that other airlines don't have seats that absorb methane very well. It seems United has really put a lot of thought into it. But if I shift, that's when it breaks loose.
QFT! We really need the shifty-eyed animated smiley... like this guy - hehe

I wonder if that is an engineers job at Boeing...or like the guy who came up with the "slow-close" toliet seat damper on the trip-7?
Old Dec 30, 2007, 2:44 pm

I think I sat next to you last week, Stinky! Keep your gas to yourself! I don't know why people think they can get away with secretly passing gas on an airplane...it is no secret to those around you!
Old Dec 30, 2007, 2:45 pm

Really, I have never cared to test them out. That's all I have to say about that.
Old Dec 30, 2007, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
i'm gonna need a skykit for this one.
Old Dec 30, 2007, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K
There is an exception - the cabins outfitted with leather seats. Not only do they not absorb the methane efficiently, they are reported to amplify the sound of methane expulsion.

IBTL!
Old Dec 30, 2007, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Someone has way too much time on his or her hands......
Old Dec 30, 2007, 3:34 pm

Maybe your hearing aid doesn't work very well on UA?
Old Dec 30, 2007, 4:11 pm

Programs: AA, AS, TZ, UA, Clipper, EZ-Link, Hop, Navigo, Octopus, Oyster
Originally Posted by 1Kwoman
I don't know why people think they can get away with secretly passing gas on an airplane...it is no secret to those around you!
Yeah, Wiggums. We can tell because the little doily on your headrest starts flapping...
Old Dec 30, 2007, 4:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Squalor Gold, Rent-a-wreck Admiral Club
Bose needs to start work on the Smell Cancellation Headphones, model number SBD1.
Old Dec 30, 2007, 4:27 pm

Programs: DL Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by 1Kwoman
I think I sat next to you last week, Stinky! Keep your gas to yourself! I don't know why people think they can get away with secretly passing gas on an airplane...it is no secret to those around you!
Maybe your smelling the Trotter menu from F???
Old Dec 30, 2007, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA 1.6MM
I too have noticed that, but so far I've been too embarrassed about it to admit it on FT....
Old Dec 30, 2007, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle
Your voice has changed but your breath's still the same.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.