Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2008, 7:48 am
Original Poster

good (but not great) J class fare SYD-YVR-YYZ-EZE (AC), 3042 CAD ow

Possible routings: SYD-YVR-ORD-NYC-YYZ-BUE, SYD-YVR-YYC-IAH-YYZ-BUE etc
Bit higher price to SAO
But it is just O/W only
Old Jan 3, 2008, 8:19 am

Programs: UA Plat (1MM), AA Plat, HH Diamond, MR Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat.
Originally Posted by fokker50
Possible routings: SYD-YVR-ORD-NYC-YYZ-BUE, SYD-YVR-YYC-IAH-YYZ-BUE etc
Bit higher price to SAO
But it is just O/W only
Thanks. Do you have any dates that work?
Old Jan 3, 2008, 8:45 am

Pulled up on ITA for $3,619 (USD)

SYD-YVR-LAX-BOS-YUL-YYZ-SCL-EZE.

Looking at over 35,000 or so miles if crediting to BD or LH, or double that if you're over 55k with BD...

JFK gets you in J on a p.s. segment, BOS lets you book into F (300%)...
Old Jan 3, 2008, 11:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Note the SYD-YVR portion is on AC's virtually brand new 777's with the pod-type of biz seating, which BTW AC calls Executive First and is a hybrid between true first class and business, or that's the spin.
Old Jan 3, 2008, 4:29 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
To book this on AirCanada.ca - don't book any stopovers, then call and add them later. (unlimited free stopovers)

Last edited by mikeyyz; Jan 3, 2008 at 4:38 pm
Old Jan 3, 2008, 6:02 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
i think there is a HIP that would reprice the ticket using the highest intermediate point, making the fare less interesting in case of stopovers, like for the EWR-MEX via SCL EZE etc. in the other thread.
Old Jan 3, 2008, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by ranskis
i think there is a HIP that would reprice the ticket using the highest intermediate point, making the fare less interesting in case of stopovers, like for the EWR-MEX via SCL EZE etc. in the other thread.
Nope, no problem at all... I had a planned trip to Brazil 2 weeks after my Sydney trip, and I found a new way to get to Sydney (through the LAX-NOU deal) so this is perfect for me No problem having a 2 week stopover. Apparently all International tickets allow stopovers, I think all fares M and higher allow -free- ones.

I guess this doesn't seem that amazing without the context that regularly it's a $12k fare YYZ-SYD/SYD-YYZ alone $4,500 for M upgradeable, but round-trip it's only $7,500 and a free trip to Brazil! Also if you book one-way, the M fare GRU-YYZ is only $800.
Old Jan 3, 2008, 7:22 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
it depends on where you stop over. Since there is no AC fare SYD SCL, it cannot be higher than the SYD EZE => you can stopover in SCL without additional cost because the HIP cannot be calulated. But if you want to stop in YVR for example for a few days, this will add around 7000 USD to the fare since the SYD YVR and the YVR EZE are more expensive than the through fare that allow stopovers indeed, but does not void the HIP calculation.
Old Jan 4, 2008, 2:44 pm

Once you get to SCL or GRU or wherever, you can also book SCL/GRU-YYZ(stop)-HKG(stop)-YYZ(stop)-SCL/GRU again for 'only' $6k vs. $10k or so for YYZ-HKG... or LHR for only $4k~
Old Jan 4, 2008, 4:57 pm

Programs: UA Plat (1MM), AA Plat, HH Diamond, MR Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat.
Originally Posted by mikeyyz
Once you get to SCL or GRU or wherever, you can also book SCL/GRU-YYZ(stop)-HKG(stop)-YYZ(stop)-SCL/GRU again for 'only' $6k vs. $10k or so for YYZ-HKG... or LHR for only $4k~
Mikeyyz - i could price this out on orbitz for around 3400, but couldn't get it priced on aircanada.ca.

@ORD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.