Wiki Posts
Search

Caffeinated Donuts

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2008, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QC, QF, Avis Preferred, BW Crown Club, Priority Club
Caffeinated Donuts

I heard these mentioned on a podcast today so have had a look around the web and found some interesting articles. Apparently some scientist/chef has made Caffeinated Donuts.

Now, I'm for getting a buzz throughout the day, but I'm just not sure if I like the idea of these.

Nobody ever said they were going to be healthy ( "The delicious caffeinated doughnut will still likely come chock full of fats, particularly trans fats, and sugars. Trans fats, which behave like saturated fats, are found in many prepared foods, particularly baked goods. As they offer no nutrition and can increase “bad” LDL cholesterol, trans fatty acids are the latest targets for nutritional scrutiny") but these just scream clogged arteries.

Thoughts? Comments?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16827665/
Old Jan 8, 2008, 3:23 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Not for me, but sometimes we stop at a truck stop to fill up the car (because it's a citgo and has the cheapest gas in the area) and it always amazed me if you go inside to see the truckers loading their double caffeinated coffee with a couple of the caffeinated creamer things and buying caffeinated gum on the way out.

I bet there is a huge market for them
Old Jan 9, 2008, 7:43 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plt
Actually, any chocolate or chocolate-glazed donut is caffeinated because chocolate contains small amounts of caffeine.
Old Jan 11, 2008, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

roger on the chocolate, and im wondering if the added caffeine will affect taste at all..
Old Jan 11, 2008, 3:44 am
njm

Programs: AGR, CO
According to this story from February about caffeinated bagels, the taste is supposedly unaffected.

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive...ihealth-05.asp

Reaction at
http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/200...w-even-easier/

According to some other stories, the inventor is a "molecular scientist." I'm really curious what this means because I'm interested in food science myself.
Old Jan 20, 2008, 10:35 am

Programs: AA, BA, SPG Gold, DL, CO, ATR
Old Jan 23, 2008, 7:01 pm
Suspended

Does it really take a scientist to crush up a caffeine tablet and add it to dough?

Just a thought.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 8:32 pm

A shot of espresso is so much quicker, not to mention friendlier on the hips!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.