Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

CO President Plus World Mastercard Offer -- good deal?

Old Jan 10, 2008, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

I got an "invitation" from Continental to get their Presidential Plus World Mastercard. Features are:
* President Club membership giving free access to lounges
* EliteAccess priority (whatever that is)
* Non-expiring Flex Elite miles
* Hyatt Gold Platinum membership
* Avis President club (two car class upgrade)
* Double onepass miles on hotels, rentals and CO airlines tix

Annual fee is $ 375, but credited $200 for signing up soon.
20,000 bonus points after spending $10,000

Any thoughts on this "deal"? Is it a good deal compared to other current and past CO CC offers?
Old Jan 10, 2008, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Search is your friend

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ht=world+chase

This one has been discussed to the death
Old Jan 10, 2008, 12:47 pm
CLG

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Circle
Originally Posted by keithisme
I got an "invitation" from Continental to get their Presidential Plus World Mastercard. Features are:
* President Club membership giving free access to lounges
* EliteAccess priority (whatever that is)
* Non-expiring Flex Elite miles
* Hyatt Gold Platinum membership
* Avis President club (two car class upgrade)
* Double onepass miles on hotels, rentals and CO airlines tix

Any thoughts on this "deal"? Is it a good deal compared to other current and past CO CC offers?
They must be having a tough time getting people to sign up. I got a similar offer in December, but with a $100 credit for joining before the end of the year... Seems they're running things Detroit auto-style -- rebates!!

CLG
Old Jan 10, 2008, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
I would suggest this thread:

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=629169

There are a lot of people who like the card and a lot of people who do not.
Old Jan 10, 2008, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA Marriott
It's getting much closer to being attractive for me with the $200 discount. I'll have a tough decision to make if I am targeted.
Old Jan 10, 2008, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Anyone have the link for the $200 offer?
Old Jan 10, 2008, 1:26 pm

Think of it as getting a PC membership for $175 for a year. That may be a dangerous proposition though as you're apt to like the PC and end up renewing the card or getting a recurring membership..
Old Jan 10, 2008, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
That's getting to be a better deal.
Old Jan 10, 2008, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA PLAT, SPG PLAT. Collector of Chase UR points
Wirelessly posted (Palm 700WX: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

I am going to hold off on this card until they give a better offer. $200 is nice, but a friend of mine got it fee free for the first year.
Old Jan 10, 2008, 9:03 pm

Location: EWR, USA, AA 1MM Gold, United Premier Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
I got one today in the mail for 20,000 miles after the first purchase and an additional 20,000 miles after $5,000 in purchases.

I'm actually kind of pissed because I already got the card a couple of months ago and got $75 off the $300 (plus 7,500 miles as part of the mileathon promotion).
I definitely would have preferred paying the $375 and getting the 40,000 miles!
Old Jan 11, 2008, 5:26 am

Programs: UA Marriott
Sounds like the card may have not gotten the initial reception that the card company wanted so they are sweetening the offer...
Old Jan 11, 2008, 6:04 am

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
I prefer the travel bank card, but I am already platinum and have a pc membership. With travel bank I get cash into the travel bank "account" and have already made nearly $220 in less than two months. Plus unlike miles I can by any ticket I want, anywhere any time.

Though I must admit fee free the first year would be awesome on this Pres club card.

Ciao,
FH
Old Jan 11, 2008, 7:39 am

Programs: CO Plat, Mariott Plat, National Exec. Elite, Hilton plywood elite, P-Club!
I took the new card offer after 14 years with a regular Chase/CO card. The combination of PC membership (I got a refund on a 3-year membership), double travel miles and Flex EQM seemed worthwhile. In fact, I needed 71 of the Flex EQM miles to make Plat at the end of the year. That feature alone paid for the card in my case.
Old Jan 11, 2008, 9:06 am

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by FlyingHoustonian
I prefer the travel bank card, but I am already platinum and have a pc membership. With travel bank I get cash into the travel bank "account" and have already made nearly $220 in less than two months. Plus unlike miles I can by any ticket I want, anywhere any time.

Though I must admit fee free the first year would be awesome on this Pres club card.

Ciao,
FH
The travel bank card has got to be one of the crappiest credit cards ever.

Why would you want a card that gives you just a 1% rebate that must be used for travel on Continental???

Plus they even charge an annual fee for it!

There are so many better credit card options than that...
Old Jan 11, 2008, 9:45 am

Programs: UA and HH
Is there a link for any of the decent offers on the app? Or is it another target offer?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.