Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

The [abandoned]painful self-experiment: flysurfer and berlinflyer suffer through LH Y

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The [abandoned]painful self-experiment: flysurfer and berlinflyer suffer through LH Y

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2008, 2:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold, SPG Plat
Talking The [abandoned]painful self-experiment: flysurfer and berlinflyer suffer through LH Y

Ladies and gentlemen,

in a touch of self-destruction, flysurfer and myself have decided to actually suffer through longhaul Y on LH. None of us has been in longhaul Y in years. We have decided to:

- Not use the Business Class Check-In
- Not use the preferred security lanes
- Don´t use lounges
- Decline any upgrades that we might get offered due to overbookings
- Book ourself into "W", so we can´t "accidentially" upgrade with eVouchers at the last minute

BUT of course we will expect the full onboard service including free drinks

Unfortunately, there is no more inflight internet access, which means we cannot give you a live feedback from 35000 feet....

Flight details:
March 25: MUC-JFK
April 1st: JFK-MUC

Now, how are we gonna survive...?

Last edited by berlinflyer; Jan 13, 2008 at 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Talking The painful self-experiment: flyersufer and berlinflyer suffer through LH Y

[edited to add comment]

To keep the discussion about TFM and BF's NYC trip together, I copied most of the posts from the original thead where the idea was hatched into this thread opened by BF later in the day.

Regards Oliver2002

Last edited by oliver2002; Jan 13, 2008 at 8:52 am
Original Poster

Talking The painful self-experiment: flyersufer and berlinflyer suffer through LH Y

Sorry, I am so confused about actaully booking LH Y that I mixed up the flights.
Of course I need to go to JFK first

I plan right now to do the following:

Wed. March 26th TXL-MUC-JFK
Evening of march 26th: Birthday dinner on my behalf (did that last year with some flyertalker in SYD)

Sun. March 30th JFK-MUC-TXL

Anybody interested?
Old Jan 13, 2008, 2:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flysurfer
Also, Michelle should take a picture documenting our walking corpses on arrival at EWR.
Great, but let´s help her on flying into JFK, because LH is on Long Island and it´s only a short drive for her to JFK, EWR should be about 2 hrs....
Old Jan 13, 2008, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by berlinflyer
Wed. March 26th TXL-MUC-JFK
Evening of march 26th: Birthday dinner on my behalf (did that last year with some flyertalker in SYD)

Sun. March 31st JFK-MUC-TXL
I am. But I need to ask monitor if he's willang and able to accomodate in New York for FIVE days. Whoa.

That might cost me a lot of wine in GRU.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by berlinflyer
Great, but let´s help her on flying into JFK
No problem here. As long as we take MUC flights, I'm in. And fully prepared to suffer. I really need some reality infusion. LH Y should do the job.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 2:47 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
interested - although i have to apply for vacation first before i can confirm - BTW sunday is the 30th of march. i would have to fly back on sunday.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 2:48 am
Original Poster

Are there no direct flight JFK-MUC on sundays?
Looks like we have to do JFK-FRA and then on to MZC and/or TXL.

I am ready to book, are you?
Old Jan 13, 2008, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why don't we just return on Saturday. I hate Monday arrivals, totally disrupts my trading week, costing me more that a ticket in F.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 2:53 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by flysurfer
Why don't we just return on Saturday. I hate Monday arrivals, totally disrupts my trading week, costing me more that a ticket in F.
but you forget the sunday rule ...
Old Jan 13, 2008, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And we don't use any lounges!

We are doomed.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In order to avoid any preferrential treatment and to ensure that we are regarded as the least worthy customers, we'll change our FFP affiliation from SEN to UAP (as we'll both fall from 1P to Blue in 01MAR)

We are still discussing if we should really request seats 39E and 39F on both segments.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 3:57 am

Programs: LH FTL (*S), AA, Sixt Plat, bahn.comfort
After reading the first post, I thought you will use exit row. However, I'm really impressed if you will go for row 39.

(also no phone-CKI for exit rows allowed?)
Old Jan 13, 2008, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Exit row is taken on the night flight (inbound), anyway, so no chance for us. Also, the inbound will be a 343, so no IFE. No Internet. No power. No future.

Did I mention we are doomed?
Old Jan 13, 2008, 4:39 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
I would join, if I had time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.