Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2023, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2006, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Arrow Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel [Master Thread]

Heading up there this weekend for a friend's BDay. I just found out the Club is closed on weekends (I hate it when they do that!!), but that Plats will get breakfast coupons.

Perhaps this club-closed-on-the-weekends is just during the rough months of winter??
Old Feb 16, 2006, 3:18 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: CO OnePass Plat and SPG - Plat, Marriott Plat (don't use -it's a comp), AmericaWest CP
Originally Posted by sbtinme
Heading up there this weekend for a friend's BDay. I just found out the Club is closed on weekends (I hate it when they do that!!), but that Plats will get breakfast coupons.

Perhaps this club-closed-on-the-weekends is just during the rough months of winter??
Many Sheratons I have noticed close thier Club Lounge on the weekends, as it is usually aimed at the Business Monday-Friday Traveler...

-Vincent
Old Feb 16, 2006, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum HH Gold
just an fyi . . the club at the Sheraton Centre Toronto stays open seven days.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 7:09 pm

What about the club at the Wall center vancouver?
, someone should make a list of clubs open on weekends and perhaps put it in the sticky of starwood knowledge.
Old Feb 18, 2006, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by sbtinme

Breakfast is better with the little red bfast coupon. Lounge has cereal, muffins, etc but lobby lounge lets you have a proper cooked breakfast for free. IE eggs bacon toast. And is very quick too

Tell them you will be two for Bfast and bring your friend, they always offer 2 with room. It does not need to be someone in your room.

Hotel is dead weekends this time of year. Montreal is pretty cold this week dress warm! Head across Rennee Levesque, angle through parking lot to Baton Rouge for a great lunch or casual dinner. Less than 5 mins walk.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 3:19 am

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
Is there any way to avoid the parking charge at the Sheraton? Any cheaper parking nearby or even street parking available during the week?
Old Jul 10, 2006, 7:21 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Smile

Originally Posted by Sydfly
Is there any way to avoid the parking charge at the Sheraton? Any cheaper parking nearby or even street parking available during the week?
Yeah, mate. Just don't rent/ hire a car--U don't need one in Montréal. Excellent public transportation & so much within walking distance.
If U need to go out to the suburbs for a day or 2, Hertz, Avis, & National are within walking distance. Do it at the beginning or end of your trip to pick up the rental car downtown & return to the airport or v.v. to save yourself a taxi fare of C$25.25 + tip or express bus fare of C$9.25.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 10:51 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, OW Emerald, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Brendan
Yeah, mate. Just don't rent/ hire a car--U don't need one in Montréal. Excellent public transportation & so much within walking distance.
If U need to go out to the suburbs for a day or 2, Hertz, Avis, & National are within walking distance. Do it at the beginning or end of your trip to pick up the rental car downtown & return to the airport or v.v. to save yourself a taxi fare of C$25.25 + tip or express bus fare of C$9.25.
Very good points. I've stayed at this hotel a few times and street parking can be had decently easy on weekends but during the weekdays it is pretty tough.

There is a lot behind the hotel that you can park at but from what I remember the charges are approximately $18CAD with no in/out privileges.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 11:25 am

fyi--just tried the le meridien. while its on sherbrooke, its much further west. its in a fine neighborhood and close to the metro, but we found ourselves on the metro heading east all the time.

sofitel looks very nice and worth checking out.

this was my first le med. its a small property and a bit worn but still very comfortable and boutiquey. just what we were looking for but this lemed is more on the level of a sheraton than a westin or w.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 6:28 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, AC E50K
Originally Posted by vivrant
Very good points. I've stayed at this hotel a few times and street parking can be had decently easy on weekends but during the weekdays it is pretty tough.

There is a lot behind the hotel that you can park at but from what I remember the charges are approximately $18CAD with no in/out privileges.
There are in and out privileges. They will provide you with a swipe card.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 11:35 pm

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
Unfortunately, we've got the car for a whole week and only stop in Montreal for 2 days. I know we won't need it there, so I thought I could leave it somewhere for the time in Montreal. Guess, I'll check out the car park next door or pay the hotel.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 12:23 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Where will U pick up the car, return it, & where all RU going in Canada/USA? Maybe I can help U further.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 12:41 am

Where will U pick up the car, return it, & where all RU going in Canada/USA? Maybe I can help U further.
We'll pick it up at YYZ and also return it there. It was quite pricey to do one-way rentals within Canada, so this seemed to work best. We'll drive from YYZ to Quebec City, then Mt. Tremblant, Montreal, Ottawa, Algonquin NP, Niagara Falls and back to Toronto. Should be fun (and lots of driving I know).
Old Jul 11, 2006, 9:04 am

Sydfly,
Way too busy for a week--you'll spend most of your holiday in that bloody car & have very little time to enjoy anything! It's the same as trying to drive Sydney--Blue Mountains--Canberra--Melbourne--Newcastle--Sydney in a week!

Canada has the excellent VIA Railways which go to most of your destinations (except Mt. Tremblant & maybe Algonquin). I would recommend flying into YYZ & out of Québec City (YQB) or v.v. & taking at least 2 weeks, as U need at least 2--3 nights in each city to get anything out of it.

Mon. arrive YQB;
Wed. or Thu. train (3hrs.) to Montréal;
Sat. pick up rental car, drive to Mont-Tremblant or Algonquin, then the other on Mon.;
Wed. drive to Ottawa, return rental car (maybe--depends on weekly rate).
Fri. train or drive to Toronto or Niagara;
Sun. bus, train or drive to Niagara Falls/ Toronto;
Mon. or Tue. back to YYZ to fly onward or home.

Please note that weekends are cheapest in Toronto hotels but dearest in Niagara Falls hotels. Also, Ottawa is best done during the workweek because some of its main attractions are closed Sat.--Sun. & it's less of a weekend party city than the others.

Also, Hertz considers YYZ, downtown Toronto, & Niagara Falls all one city for pricing, so it should be cheap to pick up in one & return to another of these. Also, pickups at YYZ are subject to a 15% Premium Location Fee similar to an Airport Concession Fee of the USA, while in-city pickups are not.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 3:03 pm

I never realized that YYZ was the airport code for toronto--is that where Rush got the name of their song on their moving picutures album?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.