Delta EATS Buy On Board

Old Feb 15, 2008, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Delta EATS Buy On Board

I was wondering does Delta accept credit cards for their BOB program like other airlines or do I need cash? Thanks
Old Feb 15, 2008, 1:19 pm

You can use a credit card.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 1:20 pm

Programs: DL DM - I made it, for now.
Just to stir the pot a little I was shocked to learn that United does NOT accept credit cards for their BOB program.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by Coast2Coast
Just to stir the pot a little I was shocked to learn that United does NOT accept credit cards for their BOB program.
I was trying to figure out why DL wasn't going to merger with UA.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, DL Plat
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
I was trying to figure out why DL wasn't going to merger with UA.
Total deal killer!
Old Feb 15, 2008, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Eats is a verb.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 2:28 pm

Programs: DL-DM, 2MM; AA,QF,UA, WN. Every imaginable hotel program
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Eats is a verb.
From dictionary.com :

–noun 10. eats, Informal. food.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 2:58 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
good info to know! thanks!
Old Feb 15, 2008, 9:44 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
I apologize if I am asking this in the wrong thread. Forgive the newbie-I did try to search, but had very poor results. I am sick of Delta "chicken and manicotti". I heard the passenger in the seat in front of me request a "food for purchase" cheese platter in lieu of our FC meal. Has anyone tried the cheese platter? She was told it would be $6 and decided to eat the chicken instead, so I didn't get to see how it looked. Thanks for any input.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by BamaGirl
I apologize if I am asking this in the wrong thread. Forgive the newbie-I did try to search, but had very poor results. I am sick of Delta "chicken and manicotti". I heard the passenger in the seat in front of me request a "food for purchase" cheese platter in lieu of our FC meal. Has anyone tried the cheese platter? She was told it would be $6 and decided to eat the chicken instead, so I didn't get to see how it looked. Thanks for any input.
I have not tried it, but would guess it wouldn't be bad.

Cheddar, smoked gouda, and brie offered with grapes, strawberries, dried cranberries, and pecan halves. Served with Pepperidge Farm crackers
https://www.delta.com/traveling_chec.../index.jsp#ffp

Oh and welcome to FT!
Old Feb 15, 2008, 9:55 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM/DM, *wood Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by BamaGirl
I tried it last week, it was pretty good .. IIRC, you get three kinds of cheese (cheddar, gouda and Brie), fruit (grapes, strawberries), pecans, and crackers. My only complaint was that i thought this was a 'healthy' option but they give you a LOT of cheese. And no one in their right mind can let cheese go to waste
Old Feb 15, 2008, 9:59 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
Originally Posted by syd999
I tried it last week, it is pretty good .. IIRC, yo get three kinds of cheese (cheddar, gouda and American), fruit (grapes, strawberries), pecans, and crackers. My only complaint was that i though this was a 'healthy' option but they give you a LOT of cheese. And no one in their right mind can let cheese go to waste.
Agreed about letting cheese go to waste, syd999!

Thank you for the welcome AndyTLe.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 10:01 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM/DM, *wood Lifetime Gold
and forgot to add, the black olive salad was ok. i would definitely pick the cheese plate over that next time.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 10:12 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
I've like the menu. It's not bad, though it's a bit expensive. At least you don't have to pay for your soda yet.

The Cheese plate could use a few more crackers and the walnuts were kinda dry the last time I ate one.

Last edited by SJC ORD LDR; Feb 16, 2008 at 7:12 pm
Old Feb 15, 2008, 11:36 pm

The cheese platter was the very first thing I ever bought from DL only because someone infront of me bought it and I figured...why not? Well I was REALLY surprised because it actually had big pieces of REAL cheese, not just small pieces of processed stuff.

The fruit included was also nice.... If you like cheese I highly recommend this!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.