Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Budget Travel
Reload this Page >

Is PAN-AM CLIPPER going out of business?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2008, 12:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Avis Chairmans, National Executive, Spirit Elite, Virgin Silver, United Premier

I was searching for flights on the Pan-Am Clipper website (http://www.FlyPanAm.com) and I wasn't able to find any flights departing or arriving after tomorrow (the 29th of February). I saw one flight for the 30th of March. Does anybody know what's the story? Are they going out of business?
Old Feb 28, 2008, 12:33 am

Wow. I haven't checked them out in a while. I never realized they cut out ELM /SAN.

is there that much business in the remaining 3 cities?
Old Mar 1, 2008, 12:00 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Here is the news as of 29 February:
Providing charter service with our fleet of Jestream 3100 aircraft. The Jetstream 3100 is a 19-seat turbo-prop aircraft, with a pressurized cabin.

For Charter inquiries, call 603-766-2022 or click here.

To our valued customers, it is with great regret that we inform you, that effective February 29, 2008, Pan Am Clipper Connection has suspended all scheduled flight operations. From all of us here at Pan Am Clipper Connection, we sincerely thank you for your continued patronage over the years.

If you need assistance with a pending Customer Service issue, click here.

You may also fax your inquiries to 603-766-2109.
Nobody has yet updated the Wikipedia Internet web site with this new information as of the time that this has been posted.
Old Mar 3, 2008, 6:03 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta, SPG, HHon, etc.
Originally Posted by flyerman770
I was searching for flights on the Pan-Am Clipper website (http://www.FlyPanAm.com) and I wasn't able to find any flights departing or arriving after tomorrow (the 29th of February). I saw one flight for the 30th of March. Does anybody know what's the story? Are they going out of business?
Be glad you weren't stranded, like Maxjet (NYC<->LON) did to their customers this past New Year's holiday when they shut down without warning...

As for Pan-Am Clipper, I noticed their flights were getting smaller and smaller over the past several quarters... Never a good sign for an airline.

They had odd-ball airports for low cost. Another similar airline (that is doing well) is SkyBus - http://www.skybus.com/ - you might want to check them out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.