Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Starwood: what hotels gives breakfast to elites?

Starwood: what hotels gives breakfast to elites?

Old Mar 2, 2008, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Question Starwood: what hotels gives breakfast to elites?

Originally Posted by mauld
??? That has NEVER been a benefit of SPG Plat at any property, so no. As for upgrades--I've been upgraded to Strip View Suite, but never to the newer renovated rooms (my last stay was 2 weeks ago-- room 2553--view of Belliago / Strip, but not an upgraded room or floor).
While it's certainly true that free breakfast has never been an official benefit of the Plat program with SPG, there ARE SPG properties that do make it SOP to give Plats free breakfast coupons. One that we stay at often, the 4 Points Phoenix Metrocenter always upgrades us to a suite and gives us coupons for free drinks in the bar at night and free breakfasts. I don't know how many properties do this, that's the only one I can think of that does it every time I stay there. I don't think it's silly to ask if this benefit exists--it sure is nice when it does!

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Mar 3, 2008 at 7:54 pm Reason: split out of the Planet Hollywood thread
Old Mar 2, 2008, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA Silver SPG Lifetime Gold
I usually get a comped breakfast and/or cocktails.
Old Mar 2, 2008, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Huh?
While a FEW properties are nice enough to give B'fast coupons on weekends when their lounges are closed,or are nice enough to give cert's to plats this is NOT SOP for starwood.
And no-you do not get breakfast or buffets and the PH-unless you book a package that includes these.
Old Mar 2, 2008, 6:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Steffo
While it's certainly true that free breakfast has never been an official benefit of the Plat program with SPG, there ARE SPG properties that do make it SOP to give Plats free breakfast coupons. One that we stay at often, the 4 Points Phoenix Metrocenter always upgrades us to a suite and gives us coupons for free drinks in the bar at night and free breakfasts. I don't know how many properties do this, that's the only one I can think of that does it every time I stay there. I don't think it's silly to ask if this benefit exists--it sure is nice when it does!
That is not "SOP" it's considered an "in hotel perk". Many properties have perks for elite customers. This is not a published benefit of the SPG program.

Originally Posted by chrisinacton
I usually get a comped breakfast and/or cocktails.
HOW?? Do tell.

Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
Huh?
While a FEW properties are nice enough to give B'fast coupons on weekends when their lounges are closed,or are nice enough to give cert's to plats this is NOT SOP for starwood.
And no-you do not get breakfast or buffets and the PH-unless you book a package that includes these.
I complete agree.
Old Mar 2, 2008, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by Steffo
Look at the suite you get at the 4 Points and that vision should clear up as to why you get breakfast. Don't get me wrong,they treat plats great but the suites are dirty and in need of work.
Old Mar 2, 2008, 11:13 pm

Programs: UA Silver SPG Lifetime Gold
I stayed about 50 nights at a the Sheraton in Columbus last year, and they gave all Plats free breakfast. Same thing at the Sheraton SFO Gateway, as they gave me free breakfast, and one cocktail per night. The only hotel that I've stayed at recently that didn't give me anything was the W in San Francisco.
Old Mar 2, 2008, 11:38 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
We received free breakfast at Sheraton in Virginia Beach as a Gold member. I was told I was given it because I was Gold and had read here or somewhere else it was standard for SPG members with status to get free breakfast.

So, while it's not a listed benefit/SOP I don't think it was completely ridiculous for the question to be asked--especially in the context of Vegas, where people are always looking for something to be comp'd.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 12:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, MR LTP, others from cards
I've had free breakfasts

Anywhere with a club lounge (even when lounge closed)
Sheraton Gateway SFO
Sheraton Philadelphia City Center
Sheraton University City
Westin River North
Westin Times Square
Sheraton Chicago
Westin Tokyo
Sheraton Yokohama
Royal Orchid Sheraton
Westin Cancun
Westin Diplomat
Westin Arlington Gateway
Sheraton Madison
Westin Chicago North Shore
Sheraton Wall Center
Sheraton Center Montreal
Sheraton Imperial KL
etc.

Also at the following non-lounge hotels
Westin Rotterdam
Sheraton Singapore
Sheraton Grand Sukumvit (originally wrote Westin)
Sheraton Luxor
Sheraton Chang Mai (left SPG)
Sheraton Miramar
Sheraton Suites Elk Grove
Sheraton La Jolla (I think, maybe it was a special rate package)
Grand Laguna Phuket (part of the villa upgrade)

Last edited by ENIAC; Mar 14, 2008 at 3:07 pm
Old Mar 14, 2008, 2:27 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, AA 1MM, UA 1MM
To my surprise, the Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf (SF) comps plats a buffet breakfast for 2.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 6:34 am

WGS (westin bkk) has club lounge.... so really no downstairs breakfast for plats.

but SGS (Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit) does not have a club lounge and plats are always upgraded to a room types that comps breakfast. . Singly one of the best breakfast in BKK
Old Mar 14, 2008, 6:45 am
Suspended

Most SPG hotels in Asia Pacific with club lounge will allow breakfast to be taken in the main restaurant. The following offers free breakfast eventhough they dont have a lounge :

1) Westin Bali
2) Sheraton Krabi
3) Sheraton Pattaya (unsure since they said b/f was included in my rate)
4) Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit
Old Mar 14, 2008, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
ENIAC, I don't think the question is 'what hotels give free breakfast in their lounges, which plats have access to' but rather which hotels offer free breakfast, presumably in a restaurant ... either because a lounge is closed (eg on weekends) or because there is no lounge.

Sheraton Pattaya, for instance, has no lounge but offers complimentary breakfast to platinums - at least that was the case two years ago and I don't think I've seen it reported any differently. They aren't required to do this, the breakfast buffet is absolutely wonderful.

Similarly, I've had many Sheraton properties offer breakfast coupons (and even appetizer and cocktail coupons) given as a matter of course when their club lounges are closed due to either remodeling or that they're only open during the week.

They aren't required to do so, but it really is quite nice.

It's always a bummer when the platinum experience stops at check-in, especially when there's not much of an upgrade available if any. You get a suite you feel valued through your stay. But if you don't, and there's no lounge or the lounge is clsoed, the only thing that differentiates your stay from that of a non-member may be the 500 point platinum amentiy which you may have to followup on after your stay in order to claim!

So it really is a nice thing, those properties without lounges that extend some benefit that's felt each day on property... whether breakfast, a couple cocktails, whatever. (Over at Intercontinental, the Royal Ambassador program offers free drinks from the minibar throughout your stay, that helps make you feel valued every day )
Old Mar 14, 2008, 8:40 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by ENIAC
I've had free breakfasts

Also at the following non-lounge hotels
Westin Rotterdam
Sheraton Singapore
Westin Grand Sukumvit
Sheraton Luxor
Sheraton Chang Mai (left SPG)
Sheraton Miramar
Sheraton Suites Elk Grove
Sheraton La Jolla (I think, maybe it was a special rate package)
Grand Laguna Phuket
The Westin Grande Sukhumvit has a lounge....I also dont think you can take breakfast in the restaurant unless your rate includes it.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 8:41 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Sheraton Sunnyvale has a lounge during the week but coupons are issued on the weekend.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 9:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by gleff
Sheraton Pattaya, for instance, has no lounge but offers complimentary breakfast to platinums - at least that was the case two years ago and I don't think I've seen it reported any differently. They aren't required to do this, the breakfast buffet is absolutely wonderful.
I know it off-topic but the buffet at the Sheraton Pattaya though adequate is one of the least impressive of all the Starwood hotels I have stayed at in Asia. The worst was probably the former Le Royal Meridien Phuket Yacht Club (which also comp breakfast but only if you ask).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.