Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Refunds have begun! $50 back on Southwest when spend $250+ with Paypal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2008, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

http://www.southwest.com/landing/pay...L1000000080312

Purchase a Southwest Airlines ticket for $250 or more on southwest.com between March 13, 2008 and March 27, 2008 and receive a $50 rebate from PayPal. Purchase must be paid for solely with your PayPal account.

* Rebate limited to the first 10,000 PayPal Members to respond to Offer.
* Only one rebate per PayPal account .
* PayPal reserves the right to cancel, suspend, or modify part or this entire Offer at any time.

Terms and Conditions:

* Eligibility: You must have a. US PayPal Account that is in good standing with a confirmed email address. Restricted, locked or closed PayPal accounts are ineligible for the Offer.
* Offer Description: Purchase a Southwest Airlines ticket for $250.00 or more on southwest.com between March 13, 2008 and March 27, 2008 and receive a $50.00 rebate from PayPal. Purchase must be paid for solely with your PayPal account. The PayPal transaction status for the eligible purchase must show 'completed' before rebate funds are distributed.
* Offer Period: March 13, 2008 at 12 am to March 27, 2008 at 11:59pm Pacific Time.
* Rebate: Rebate of $50.00 will be made by PayPal . Allow 6-8 weeks following purchase for rebate to be deposited in your PayPal account.
* Excluded Transactions: The following transactions do not qualify for the Offer. PayPal Mobile transactions, Send Money transactions, payments using the PayPal Plug-In (formerly named Virtual Debit Card) service, PayPal Plus Credit Card or eBay MasterCard payments not made through your PayPal account. If Payments made for the Offer are refunded or cancelled at any time, you are ineligible for the rebate. If the payment is refunded after you receive the rebate, PayPal will deduct the rebate from your account.
* Questions: Please contact PayPal for questions about the Offer or your rebate.

Edited by nsx to add: The 10,000 limit was not reached, so all purchases during the promotion should qualify.

Last edited by nsx; Apr 29, 2008 at 12:07 pm Reason: added Paypal to subject
Old Mar 14, 2008, 1:15 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
I've done these Paypal offers in the past with varying degrees of success, but the main question I'd have is the $250 have to be one ticket, or can it be multiple tickets bought on the same purchase.. (ie two tickets at $150 a pop, $300 for both, does that qualify). I'm guessing it doesn't but you never know.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 1:20 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List, AMC Stubs A-List, Chick-fil-A-List
Originally Posted by pitflyer
I've done these Paypal offers in the past with varying degrees of success, but the main question I'd have is the $250 have to be one ticket, or can it be multiple tickets bought on the same purchase.. (ie two tickets at $150 a pop, $300 for both, does that qualify). I'm guessing it doesn't but you never know.
I think it has to be a single PNR -- in other words you can have two tickets for two different people to the same destination at the same time, but not two tickets for different flights.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 1:21 pm

Programs: WN CP
The offer terms refer to a purchase, so what you propose (multiple tickets equal to or more than $250 on one purchase/single PNR as noted by sigma1104) will work.

I was about to jump on this just to get the effective 20% discount, but there is no way to check whether the 10K limit has been surpassed.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 1:24 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
My wife and I just bought a ticket each for $253.00 ... for those familiar with cancellation and reuse policies on WN it doesn't really matter if you need a ticket right now or where the ticket is to/from you're buying ... just as long as you can make use of whatever the value of the ticket you purchase is in the next year ...
Old Mar 14, 2008, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by curbcrusher
The offer terms refer to a purchase, so what you propose (multiple tickets equal to or more than $250 on one purchase/single PNR as noted by sigma1104) will work.
It repeatedly says "Purchase a Southwest Airlines ticket" with ticket being singular ...
I was about to jump on this just to get the effective 20% discount, but there is no way to check whether the 10K limit has been surpassed.
What's the risk of buying a ticket for three months down the road that you may or may not use (most likely may not )?
Old Mar 14, 2008, 1:42 pm

One weird thing is it doesn't look you can use AMEX to pay for a ticket through PayPal ... PayPal usually takes AMEX, but apparently not for WN transactions.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 1:49 pm

Programs: WN CP
Originally Posted by Beckles
It repeatedly says "Purchase a Southwest Airlines ticket" with ticket being singular ...
I see that now, but I still think it a single PNR purchase, no matter how many actual tickets, will work. PayPal will only be looking for that one $250+ purchase.

Originally Posted by Beckles
What's the risk of buying a ticket for three months down the road that you may or may not use (most likely may not )?
You read my mind.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

For clarification, I found out that one ticket must be $250+, multiple tickets that are less than $250 but add up to $250+ do not count.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by curbcrusher

they will probably update the website when that happens. I doubt it would run out in the first few days when they have an end date two weeks from now.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 8:32 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by ScroogeMcFlyer
they will probably update the website when that happens. I doubt it would run out in the first few days when they have an end date two weeks from now.
But you never know. I seem to recall a few oversubscribed bonus mile offers that ended abruptly. ValueMags, 1-800-Flowers, and most recently Amtrak-to-Choice. I tend to agree that a 20% markdown is not quite enough to cause a stampede.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 9:11 pm

Programs: SWA
Mine went through just fine. I wonder if this will qualify for double mileage on the SWA credit card charge since it is going through PayPal?
Old Mar 14, 2008, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by irabk
Mine went through just fine. I wonder if this will qualify for double mileage on the SWA credit card charge since it is going through PayPal?
Doubtful, it will show as a paypal charge, not a WN ticketing charge. But you never know.

Too bad about the $250 minimum. That's worthless to me as I'd simply use a RR for any tix at that level. Not to mention the added disadvantage of doing a roundtrip rather than 2 one-ways (assuming you aren't doing a $250+ for one direction). However it is still a better offer than the worthless $15 off BS fares.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 11:40 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Doubtful, it will show as a paypal charge, not a WN ticketing charge. But you never know.

Too bad about the $250 minimum. That's worthless to me as I'd simply use a RR for any tix at that level. Not to mention the added disadvantage of doing a roundtrip rather than 2 one-ways (assuming you aren't doing a $250+ for one direction). However it is still a better offer than the worthless $15 off BS fares.
Just buy a $250 ticket, cancel it, and use the funds for 3 $85 trips. @:-)
Old Mar 15, 2008, 10:57 am

Programs: SWA
Originally Posted by Boraxo

I have no intention of using the ticket I purchased. I will cancel the flight and use the funds as ticketless travel down the road. Everyone is happy. SWA gets my cash until I reuse the funds, I get $50 from PayPal, and PayPal gets... ? I guess PayPal gets something here, exposure, new customers (although I already have a PayPal account), churn?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.