Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Picture Report: UA/SQ/TG/LX First, plus IC Bangkok and IC Singapore!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Picture Report: UA/SQ/TG/LX First, plus IC Bangkok and IC Singapore!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2008, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thumbs up Picture Report: UA/SQ/TG/LX First, plus IC Bangkok and IC Singapore!

I really loved alliance's photo reports, so I figured I would try one of my own. I didn't have enough time to write a full report, but I do have enough time to just add pictures and a bit of commentary. First of all, for those interested in reading my full trip reports, consider checking these out:--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I decided to burn some UA miles for a trip on SQ in F this past July, since I really wanted to try out the product. I would be meeting up with ajthegreat and xj47 in SIN & BKK, and we'd be spending two nights in SIN and one in BKK, and also have a dinner Do in SIN. We My entire itinerary was JFK-LAX-NRT-SIN-BKK-SIN-BKK-NRT-LAX-JFK, with JFK-LAX-JFK on UA in PS F, LAX-NRT-SIN, SIN-BKK, SIN-BKK (again), and NRT-LAX in SQ F, BKK-SIN in LX F, and BKK-NRT in TG F.

My morning started early at the JFK IFL, which was pretty empty. It had a decent selection of food, although I tried not to eat too much since I knew I'd be eating a lot that day.

Around boarding time I headed to the gate.

Breakfast was filling and as if it wasn't enough there was another snack plate before landing.

Since I had a long layover at LAX I spent some time in the IFL before heading to TBIT and also met up with N334AA.

I then headed over the (then) new Star Alliance lounge, which was pretty decent. I checked out both the C & F sides.

Finally it was time for the much anticipated moment, my first SQ F experience.

We pushed back.

And off we went.

Shortly after takeoff amenity kits, PJ's, eyeshades, and slippers were passed out.

The drawer with all the cool stuff.

Gotta love the leather menus!

Satay, my favorite!

Suffice it to say it was probably the best meal I've ever had in the air, and I (as well as everyone else in the cabin) were so full that we didn't take the second meal. I watched some movies and then slept for neatly seven hours, waking up as we approached the coast of Japan.

I headed over to the ANA F lounge for a shower and to chat with another interesting F passenger that was contining to SIN too.

I was back aboard in no time for the flight to SIN.

I just LOVE the desserts, both in terms of taste and presentation.

As soon as we landed xj47 was waiting for me and we headed to the awful Le Meridien for a night.

In the morning we headed to the IC where we had booked a very nice suite for the weekend using a BOGO cert. Awesome deal!^

(minibar, all of which was consumed twice)

I headed to SIN the same morning since I was doing a SIN-BKK-SIN turn, including a few hours in the TG F lounge @ BKK.

First I went to the F SKL to check my email.

And then boarded the SQ 777 in regional configuration to BKK.

Service was excellent and with an empty flight very personal!^ I then spent a few hours in the TG F lounge where I met up with Thai-Kiwi.

I went over to the LX transit counter to pick up my BP.

We then boarded our LX flight to SIN. I was in 1A.

I wasn't very hungry so just had salad and dessert. Service was pretty mediocre, and the other F passengers were possibly the most arrogant human beings I've ever seen.

I headed back to the IC.

We went to a Hawker Centre and met up with Thai-Kiwi, xj47, and abraxis, IIRC.

The next morning ajthegreat arrived and we did a walking tour of SIN with some other FT'ers.

We went to lunch somewhere, but I wasn't really hungry from the days of stuffing myself on SQ.

The RA welcome fruit plate finally showed up.

We then went to Cafe Iguana for dinner with around 20 other FT'ers.

My ADD/jetlag started to kick in, until some girl came by and destroyed my pyramid, leaving me in shambles.

We had a minibar party in the suite that night.

The next morning ajthegreat, xj47, and I flew to BKK.

I had a bit too much Dom before takeoff and I'm pretty sure I slept the whole flight.

We got upgraded to a Club Corner Suite at the IC in BKK.

Stupid IC BKK emptying out minibar before RA's come, had to call to have it restocked!

The lobby.

Gotta love Bangkok traffic.

At some ridiculously early hour AJ and I headed to the airport for our flight to NRT. The TG F ground services are AMAZING! ^ ^ ^ ^

After an awesome massage at the TG Spa we boarded.

To call the service on TG in F matronly would be a compliment.

Of course SQ was miles better. AJ and I parted ways (he was flying AC), and I headed to my flight.

I passed out after dinner after trying to watch some dumb Australian movie about a plumber, and woke up as we were beginning our descent. The lead FA told me she was trying to wake me up but I wasn't responding.

Of course unlike some other airlines she had no problem serving me food this late in the flight, and I just asked for some fruit.

Other than the awful Intl. F check-in lady and awesome IFL agent, the rest of my trip to JFK was uneventful.

I had an awesome trip and SQ service is just totally unbeatable! Sorry that I didn't have more detail but feel free to ask any questions! Thanks for reading, err, looking.

Last edited by lucky9876coins; Apr 2, 2008 at 8:16 pm
Old Mar 22, 2008, 3:20 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Alaska MVP Gold
great read and great pics as always ^
Old Mar 22, 2008, 5:48 pm

Programs: BA
Superb report!! Thanks lucky!
Old Mar 23, 2008, 12:10 am

The picture reports are the way to go. ^ Looks like it was a great trip. Too bad your TG F experience sucked - mine was outstanding.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 1:10 am

Programs: UA 1P, AA Plat, NW SE
Nice pictures! Although you made me crave chicken satay.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 2:47 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Nice pictures, remebers me to finish the hotel reports of my transpac trip report last May
Old Mar 23, 2008, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Wow! Picture reports could hardly come any finer! Great job! ^^
Old Mar 24, 2008, 3:08 pm

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
Lucky, I spent Sunday afternoon reading both of your trip reports TPA-NRT& TPA-New Zealand. This is another great report by you, and I really like the picture style of reporting that you used here.^ How were you able to stop in NRT, BKK, and SIN on the same trip?
Old Mar 24, 2008, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chitownflyer
Lucky, I spent Sunday afternoon reading both of your trip reports TPA-NRT& TPA-New Zealand. This is another great report by you, and I really like the picture style of reporting that you used here.^ How were you able to stop in NRT, BKK, and SIN on the same trip?
I didn't actually stop in NRT, it was just a layover. The only places I spent any time were BKK and SIN. Thanks, btw.
Old Mar 25, 2008, 2:32 pm

Lucky9876Coins,

I am very pleased that you had a wonderful experience on board Singapore Airlines' First Class.

Nice trip report too with clear pictures ^ .

Kudos!
Old Apr 1, 2008, 9:31 pm
das

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
I had an awesome trip and SQ service is just totally unbeatable! Sorry that I didn't have more detail but feel free to ask any questions! Thanks for reading, err, looking.
Nice pictures! I'm especially curious in more details on the poor service you experienced in TG F. I've had less than stellar service on TG too.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by das
Nice pictures! I'm especially curious in more details on the poor service you experienced in TG F. I've had less than stellar service on TG too.
Thanks! I found the service on TG to be very matronly. There were no smiles from the F FA's, they were totally hiding between the meal and snack service, they never said "you're welcome" or anything similar when I smiled and said "thanks," etc. I've had good experiences in TG C, actually, but all of those were much younger FA's. It seems like the older FA's working F aren't very happy to be there, or at least aren't good at pretending. That being said, I think I would sacrifice inflight service and choose TG again for the amazing ground services. Too bad there's no real F product between HKG and NRT whereby we could just do BKK-HKG in F for the ground service on TG and then fly a "proper" airline in F to continue to NRT.
Old Apr 2, 2008, 12:28 am

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Very nice pictures report Lucky! I always enjoy looking at pictures so I don't mind this type of report one bit

Just curious, how are the F pax in LX come as most arrogant? Did they treat you like you don't belong there?

Also, how many miles did you use for the trip?

Thanks again for the report
Old Apr 2, 2008, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The trip cost 120,000 United miles.

As for the arrogance of the passengers, I really should say there was just one arrogant passenger. There were just three of us, one asian man who was sleeping the whole flight, me, and then this swiss guy that had a really bad attitude.

When I arrived in BKK I went to the LX transit desk and was number one in line as the agent was finishing up a business class passenger. There's only one agent at the transit desk, and there aren't usually too many people at once. As it's about to be my turn the other F passenger walks up to the counter and says "I'm in first class, I want to check-in." The agent tells him he'll have to get in line, and he responds "But I'm in first class, I don't have to wait, I want to be checked in now. I was here earlier and there was a line too, and I refuse to wait. Come get me in the lounge when you're ready to check me in." The agent explains it's just her working and she's not able to fetch him in the lounge, and he rudely asks when check-in closes and walks away. The whole interaction was just so rude, demeaning, and awful that I felt sorry for the guy. He was no different aboard. Not once did he smile and not once did he say "thank you."
Old Apr 2, 2008, 12:28 pm

If karma doesn't get him first, I'm sure the flight attendants have numerous entertaining ways of humouring his miserable existence...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.