Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points by Sheraton Houston City Center [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points by Sheraton Houston City Center [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2008, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*
Arrow Four Points by Sheraton Houston City Center [Master Thread]

Press Release Source: Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.

Four Points by Sheraton Houston, Memorial City Opens for Business in Bustling West Houston
Thursday March 27, 9:00 am ET
Part of the new Memorial City Development, Four Points by Sheraton Houston, Memorial City will serve the bustling Energy Corridor and Westchase District

HOUSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE:HOT - News) today announces the opening of the new Four Points® by Sheraton Houston, Memorial City, the brand’s second hotel in Houston, Texas. Owned by MertroNational Corporation, the 171-room hotel will offer guests the comforts they want and need while on the road including great beds, roomy showers and popular extras.

Four Points by Sheraton Houston, Memorial City is ideally located in the heart of West Houston at 10655 Katy Freeway, right at the intersection of I-10 and Beltway 8. The new hotel will support the busy Energy Corridor and Westchase District. Four Points by Sheraton Houston, Memorial City is the first of three Starwood hotels to open as part of the new Memorial City Project, a vibrant mixed-use community in West Houston that also includes medical buildings, retail outlets and the nearly two million square-foot Memorial City Mall. Starwood also plans to open the Sheraton Houston, Memorial City in the fall of 2008 and the Westin Houston, Memorial City during the spring of 2009.

Press Release
Old Apr 18, 2008, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Looks quite nice. 81 Two-Room Suites at this property, as well! (Great upgrade odds). Weekend rates from $85/night - Will definitely have a mattress-run at this property in the next few weeks.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
Looks quite nice. 81 Two-Room Suites at this property, as well! (Great upgrade odds). Weekend rates from $85/night - Will definitely have a mattress-run at this property in the next few weeks.
They use that same photo for Four Points by Sheraton Manhatta SOHO Village
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/fourpo..._section_0Link

Big
Old Apr 18, 2008, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
They use that same photo for Four Points by Sheraton Manhatta SOHO Village
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/fourpo..._section_0Link

Big
With any luck, they're clones built to a standard floor-plan. Would definitely be a major if I got to the new hotel, and it looks absolutely nothing like the photos/artist-renderings...
Old Apr 18, 2008, 6:11 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold
I drive by the hotel all the time -- hasn't been too busy.

The I-10 construction makes it very difficult to get to -- there is always traffic.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I stayed there this week. Overall pretty nice. My "regular" room featured a living room-like setting besides the bedroom. A sofa, desk, wetbar and a big flat screen TV came with it. A second flat screen was in the bedroom. DSL internet included in the room rate. Actually I would have been perfectly happy with a standard size hotel room.

Did not realize the hotel was THAT new, though. Noticed scratches in the hallway walls and on some room doors. And the outside elevator controls looked like they were there since the 70s. Taking care of those little detials would add to the overall value perception of such a brand-new facility.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
With any luck, they're clones built to a standard floor-plan. Would definitely be a major if I got to the new hotel, and it looks absolutely nothing like the photos/artist-renderings...
It's called "City View":
development.starwoodhotels.com/pdf/prototypes/2006Fourpoints.pdf

The interesting thing is that both the properties use the exact same photo image (same generic photo location).
Old Apr 19, 2008, 3:37 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
These rooms look better than a regular Sheraton!! lol!
Old Apr 28, 2008, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just finished a two-night stay at this property over the weekend. I was upgraded to a corner suite, ground level, poolside. They did an excellent job renovating this hotel (I think it used to be a really run-down Marriott before being an abandoned building for a few years).

The Suite had a living room separate from the bedroom, with pull-out couch in the living room, dual LG LCD TVs (wall-mounted), nice hardwood floor by the kitchenette area (just a sink, really). They delivered a micro-fridge combo to my room free of charge. Comfy 4P bed, ipod-docking alarm clock, and decent tub/shower combo with curved shower-rod. Interior styling was very modern and up-to-date, essentially W-Lite.

The aforementioned construction of the I-10/Beltway-8 Interchange is definitely an issue. Even though I was furthest away from the construction, it was still quite loud. However, once that construction is completed, this will definitely be one of my preferred Houston properties.

The common areas of the hotel are exceptionally nice, and were fitted out to a high standard. The staff were also exceedingly friendly and helpful. IMO, the suites there are preferable to the Junior Suites at the Sheraton Houston Brookhollow. Also, there's just more to do in the immediate vicinity of this 4P than there is around the Sheraton Brookhollow. I don't have any experience with the newly renovated Westin Galleria, so can't draw any comparisons there. However, with $85/night weekend rates, this property can't be beat.
Old May 23, 2008, 1:27 pm

Programs: CO Plat(soon Premier Gold) PC lifetime(UC Life?) SPG Plat(Soon Gold)
I stayed 2 nights last weekend (5/16-18/08) along with other guests from out of town.

This building used to be Radisson with pink/orange wall, visible from highway as it is standing high at southeast corner of I-10 Katy Freeway and Sam Houston Tollway (Beltway 8) West.

It is not a short walk distance to Memorial City mall - but they had a shuttle bus in front so I guess it is for shuttle between hotel and mall.
Also new building construction is going on at the lot where Town and Country mall and Neiman Marcus used to be, so new business/retail will be opening later on.

ALCO pretty much described about the hotel interior already. I guess they converted two rooms into one suite room, but I never stayed old Radisson so I'm not sure.
One thing to add, there are 4 PCs free to use in public area - 2 PCs w/ printer connected at restaurant/lobby bar area, and 2 more PCs w/ printer at small enclosed room near restrooms behind front desk. The latter is set up like business center but actually just PCs and printer free to use for everyone.

I agree that once I-10 construction completed this is a good location to stay, but at this point it is simply not a good place to sleep.
Current schedule show completion of I-10 construction around this area will be December 2008.
http://www.katyfreeway.org/contracts.html

(The rest of this post is just rant and will not apply to the most of future/potential guests, so you can skip)
Last weekend was worst - the entrance/exit to hotel property/parking is facing to feeder roads of I-10 and Beltway. But Friday night the feeder of that intersection was totally blocked, and there is no way to get closer to hotel. I call hotel, and the person directed me to small near-by(actually behind the hotel) shopping strip/pub parking lot through small neighbourhood street. That parking lot was now connected to the back of hotel parking lot - it took 30 min to find out.

Worst part was yet to come.
The reason for traffic shutdown was to demolish old supports/piers of connector ramp bridge between beltway northbound and I-10 eastbound, which is right in front of hotel. The sounds I can’t describe its magnitude continued past 2 am (AFAIK).
I had to keep TV on to fall asleep…

(End of rant)
Old Oct 9, 2010, 3:39 pm

Programs: Just a kettle now :)
Stayed long term at this property (about three weeks in total). All construction on the Katy Freeway has long since been completed, so there's no noise aside from the muted drone of freeway traffic. The only view you'll get from this property is of towering on/off-ramp highway spaghetti.

The property from the outside looks pretty run-down, but on the inside, it's the complete opposite. This is probably the most luxurious, nicely renovated Four Points property I've ever been in. The value for money I paid here ($100/night) was good so long as you don't expect any extras (see below.) As a platinum, I was upgraded to a rather comfortable suite (separate living room and bedroom, two modern LCD TV's.)

I'd describe the customer service here as 'schizophrenic'. If you need anything outside of checking in and out of the hotel, any special requests at all (laundry, mailing packages/letters/postcards), and the staff just completely breaks down. The "we don't *do* that here" attitude is quite prevalent, that is, until someone more senior gets involved, at which point it's a bunch of "yes sir, no problem sir, my apologies sir." I get the sense that they're used to dealing with the budget crowd, and not so much the business crowd, so everyone gets the "budget" treatment.

Room service seems to have some strange, arcane rules (such as: "not open on Wednesdays and Fridays".. or something like that, the rules aren't clearly posted). Sometimes the room service number doesn't pick up at all. I just got used to dining out.

Some room air conditioning units are in the need of repair, or sound like vuvuzelas.

If you're looking for a cheap, comfortable place to stay, this would fit the bill. If what you need is good customer service capable of even the most simple of special requests, then it might be best to keep looking.

-RS.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 3:18 pm

Programs: CO Gold, AA Platinum, Starwood Platinum, Hertz Presidents Club
Having spent 80+ nights at this property in 2010, I can say that its definitely a nice hotel for a 4 Points. The front desk staff knew me by name and usually had my room key ready for me before I even got to the desk.

I was upgraded to the "penthouse" suite many times. The standard suite is too much for me already, the penthouse was really a waste of space as I only need a bed and a shower for most of my hotel stays (I'll leave toilet out of the conversation...whoops). I had a couple of housekeeping mishaps that recently turned me off to the hotel (clogged showers x3 stays, a used contraceptive in the trash, and dirty sheets) but other than that, its a decent hotel.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 9:11 am

Programs: United Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Anybody know what is happening to this property? It was bought by Midway (the developer who did CityCentre) in May 2013.
Old May 14, 2014, 7:10 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100, Marriott Plat
Any recent stays or reports for this hotel? I'll be staying here most of June through August and was wondering what to expect!
Old Jul 26, 2014, 9:55 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100, Marriott Plat
Been staying here for the last several weeks. I've been upgraded to a suite every time (FD told me it's standard for Platinum members). Suites are clean, and decor is fine. Once I went into my room to find a bottle of red wine, which was nice.

This past Tuesday a transformer blew out at 6:30 am, so no power or water at the hotel and surrounding area. CenterPoint didn't fix it until late afternoon, but I had already left way before then. Hotel didn't refund the night (understandably, since it wasn't their fault), but they did give an extra 5,000 points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.