Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Hilton Chain bonus, 1000 MQM + 1000 Bonus per stay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2008, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton HHonors Triple Diamond Executive, Delta Skymiles Titanium Medallion, National Exec Diamond El

I didn't see any threads on this one yet, sorry if there is one. I just signed up for this awesome promotion. Register with your Hilton HHonors number and Delta will give you 1000 MQMs and 1000 bonus miles from now until May 31.

Now if my company just let me book through delta.com I would be Platinum by the end of may with the other promotion. This better not be an April Fool's joke....

http://www.hiltonhhonors.com/process...ousandsofmiles
Old Apr 1, 2008, 11:22 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott G, Hilton G
Thank you.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 11:25 am

Just registered!

Is there a limit of MQM's you can get? I have 8 stays booked through 5/31.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 11:28 am

Programs: DL PM, AA PM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Does this apply to reservations that have already been booked? I have a few upcoming, and am considering canceling/rebooking.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 11:41 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K; Delta Silver Medallion (1MM); Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold; National Executive
Nice find. I just booked a 4-night Hampton Inn stay today. Maybe I could split it into 2 stays of 2 nights and earn double MQMs and miles?

I've got to find some other Hilton properties stays in this time frame. I'm in the middle of a targetted Hilton promotion where I'm getting double Hilton points for a year.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 11:42 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
nice good find
Old Apr 1, 2008, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton HHonors Triple Diamond Executive, Delta Skymiles Titanium Medallion, National Exec Diamond El
I don't know if you have to rebook in order for the promotion to kick in. I have a 3 night stay beginning tonight at Hampton Inn. I was previously Hhonors points and HHonors points, but just switched to HHonors points + Delta miles for the sake of this promotion. I'm too lazy to cancel and rebook since I'll be checking in in just a few hours. I'll let you guys know if my bonus miles register from this one.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 12:16 pm

Programs: DL DM MM; HH Diamond; Starwood Plat, Lifetime Gold; Hertz President's Circle
Great find! Thanks! ^
Old Apr 1, 2008, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Thanks for this! I was sure it was an April Fool's Day joke.

Mike
Old Apr 1, 2008, 12:26 pm
BHB

Programs: DL PM/SC, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Hertz Five Star
Nice find. As a recently-converted MQM wh*re, I just canceled an upcoming stay at the InterContinental in Cleveland and re-booked at at Hilton Garden Inn. I've never been in a HGI. Is the difference between the HGI and the IC worth 1k MQM's?
Old Apr 1, 2008, 12:32 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Thanks for posting! ^
Old Apr 1, 2008, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by BHB
Nice find. As a recently-converted MQM wh*re, I just canceled an upcoming stay at the InterContinental in Cleveland and re-booked at at Hilton Garden Inn. I've never been in a HGI. Is the difference between the HGI and the IC worth 1k MQM's?
HGIs are fine, most are newer. It is a "limited-service" hotel (usually lack a restaurant) versus a full-service hotel like the IC. I'm sure you can find more info in the Hilton forum.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by BHB

Depends on how long you're going to be in the hotel. If you're there on business, it probably won't matter much to you. I use it to sleep, poop, and shower.

On vacation, there's obviously a difference in staying at a nice hotel vs a common 2-3 star chain.

Unless, of course, we're talking about a Starwood property with a Heavenly bed. Closest I can get to a night at home.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 12:42 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by BHB
I should note that the IC Cleveland Hotel & Conference Center is an awesome hotel. Service is great and it's really luxurious. They also treat Ambassador members very well.

So it's up to you how much you need the 1000 MQMs :-)
Old Apr 1, 2008, 12:50 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
(oops...posted twice)

Last edited by chrisny2; Apr 1, 2008 at 12:51 pm Reason: dupe post

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.