Sheraton Brussels pre 2008 [Master Thread]

Old May 7, 2002, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Arrow Sheraton Brussels pre 2008 [Master Thread]

I have to go to brussels next month. Anyone has any feedback about the Brussels Sheraton?
How is breakfast? Any alternatives?
thanks
Old May 7, 2002, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
This is a typical large international calibre Sheraton, efficient and reasonably well located nearby the main railway station, and on one of the Metro lines. If you take a train in from the airport, it is a short two block walk to the hotel from the station.

Rooms are large and comfortable. Breakfast is a large buffet in the second level restaurant will lots of choice. As for alternatives, it depends on what you are looking for. The Hilton has a better location for museums and city touring, but then where do you need to be in the city? The Four Points will be cheaper, but not as posh.

If breakfast is included in your rate, ensure you have this noted on your reservation and bring a copy with you. The front desk often insists the rate and details on your res are not what they are prepared to honour.

Enjoy your stay.
Old May 7, 2002, 10:53 am

For Platinum there is a nice lounge however you have to pay for everything except coffee. Even the restricted breakfast is charged.

Amenity was two bottles of belgian beer with glasses to match. Upgraded to large corner room.
Old May 7, 2002, 11:46 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
I was there about 2 years ago, and as a Gold (at that time), I was upgraded to a large suite on the club floor. Yes, I was a bit surprised that most beverages were not free, but the lounge itself was ok. The location, as Shareholder mentioned is not really in the center of the city, but close to the Nord train (coming in from the airport). Its also next to the metro stop, so from a transport view it is convienent--but the general area is not much.
Old May 7, 2002, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
The pool is quite nice ( on the thirtieth floor). The immediate area around Place Rogier has some demolition work going on but it did ont affect me ( I was in the Hilton Brussels City on the other side of Place Rogier to the Sheraton). It is around 10 minutes walk to the Grand Place area.
Old May 7, 2002, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I have stayed there twice, once probably 8 years ago, and then within the past 2 years. The area is much improved in that time. I received a beautiful suite last time, and my rate included breakfast, but it was a good thing I brought the printout, because the hotel seemed to have a different idea. As much as I like staying at the Jolly / Grand Sablon for location, for the points and upgraded accomodations, I'd stay at the Sheraton again w/o hesitation. Also, with the train station right there, its a quick trip to BRU.
Old May 7, 2002, 12:35 pm

Last time I staid there (Feb 02) I got an upgrade for Platinum to suite, with breakfast in the very nice lounge included!
Old May 7, 2002, 3:01 pm

Nice hotel in a good location.

Good meal service as well.

Excellent special services group and a nice lounge for SPG members.

Old May 8, 2002, 9:08 pm

Absolutely awesome hotel! I got a platinum upgrade to an amazing, huge suite. Short of a couple presidential suite upgrades in Chicago and St. Louis, this was the best room I've ever been lucky enough to see.

Everything about the hotel was spectacular! Enjoy!
Old May 9, 2002, 11:32 am

Programs: AC-SE MM, SPG Plat Lifetime, Marriott Plat, FPC Plat, HH Diamond
excellent hotel.
Last time I got a large suite upgrade with 2 bedrooms, a dinig room, 3 bathroom and a large living area.
3 min walking distance from Gare du Nord and 2 min to the nearest subway.

Great staff, The room service was better than average. excellent food.
Old May 9, 2002, 12:13 pm

Can anyone confirm how far it is from la Grande Place? From previous posts it appeared to be closer to a seedier part of town (nice! ) but the most recent descriptions seem to suggest it's not that bad?

Thanks
Old May 9, 2002, 2:13 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Canista:
Can anyone confirm how far it is from la Grande Place? From previous posts it appeared to be closer to a seedier part of town (nice! ) but the most recent descriptions seem to suggest it's not that bad?

Thanks
</font>
15 minutes walking distance to the Grand' Place

Old May 9, 2002, 2:25 pm

Thanks! Now I might cancel the Conrad and stay there... arghhh dilemma!
Old May 9, 2002, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
The area used to be very seedy - the first time, there were window storefront hookers between the Gare du Nord and the hotel - now all gone, much redevelopment, etc. Its a decent walk down an unattractive but safe commercial/shopping street to the Grand Place. All this talk is giving me an urge to make a chocolate run (sorry Rudi, I seem to prefer the Belgian ones ... but I know, I just haven't tasted the right Swiss ones!)
Old May 9, 2002, 4:03 pm

I'd recommend the Sheraton Brussells. The area, as mentioned, is going thru some redevelopment but there are several indoor shopping areas, and a pedestrian only shopping area within 5 mins walking distance.

The Grand Place is within 10-15 mins walking distance or a 5 min taxi ride.

My room was large (for European standards) and the lounge served complimentary food.
Service was effecient and friendly and I'd stay there again. The front desk area however can get rather crowded with tour groups.

This property also serves as a regional office for Starwood European managers... their offices are tucked away behind the scenes - FYI.

The Intercontinental hotel across the street is a smaller, less active property. Along with that are the smaller, darker rooms. The front office staff was mediocre and lobby is much smaller.

Between the two, I stay at the Sheraton anyday!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.