Wiki Posts
Search

Best JFK hotel

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2008, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, 2MM
Best JFK hotel

I am doing a MR on Wednesday and will need to stay overnight close to JFK for an early flight on Thursday. What is the best hotel for convenience and also price? I am reading horrible reviews on travelocity and expedia for JFK hotels. Hearing things like shuttles never show up for airport pickup, rooms broken into, etc. What is the best way to go here?

Thanks!
Old May 19, 2008, 9:17 am

DH usually stays at the Doubletree at JFK several times a year. He hasn't complained yet. Shuttle to airport runs well and several airline crews use it.
They did do a rehab on it when it switched over from Radison to Doubletree.
Hope this helps. When making the ressie ask for IBM rate (usually $125 night) which will save you a bit of $.
Hope this helps.
Carolyn
Old May 19, 2008, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

hilton garden inn had the most shuttle pickups when i was waiting for my shuttle for another hotel.
Old May 22, 2008, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
I only stay at the Hilton Garden Inn if I have to overnight at JFK (which I really try to avoid doing). It's at least relatively new, so clean, and I haven't had trouble with the shuttle. You pay a premium for that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.