Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Happy Birthday Delta SkyMiles Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2008, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO...ex-PM, GM...does it really even matter these days? LOL...

Doh!!! If it wasn't for laziness & not wanting to lose my confirmed Z upgrades all the way thru for my travel in July (23-28), this would be a fantastic offer. I would net 24K MQM in one trip instead of 12K. So, who would cancel and re-book to take advantage of this???

Your birthday is approaching—and we can make your wishes come true even before you blow out the candles. As a valued SkyMiles® member, when you register and book a round-trip Delta flight now through June 30, 2008, you'll receive double miles or double Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs)—your choice. But you must travel by July 31, 2008 to receive your birthday gift—so register, book a flight and have a happy birthday!
Old Jun 3, 2008, 8:23 am

Programs: Delta Diamond 2 Million Miler, United 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President’s Club
Happy Birthday Wishes from Delta

Wow... This is new (to me).

Hello Mr. brown069,

Your birthday is approaching—and we can make your wishes come true even before you blow out the candles. As a valued SkyMiles® member, when you register and book a round-trip Delta flight now through June 30, 2008, you'll receive double miles or double Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs)—your choice. But you must travel by July 31, 2008 to receive your birthday gift—so register, book a flight and have a happy birthday!

This is a welcome touch. Southwest used to send birthday cards, it was always nice auto-recognition. My wife (FO) didn't receive this for her birthday last month.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO...ex-PM, GM...does it really even matter these days? LOL...
LOL...just got this and posted a separate thread.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 8:25 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton, Marriott & SPG Platinum & a whole lot of other programs...
Unhappy I was born too early!

I just had my Birthday in May, alas, no email for me.. I had a lot of flying in that period as well
Old Jun 3, 2008, 8:37 am

Location: Atlanta, GA - AirTran Elite #1 FF * Delta Diamond Medallion * Starwood Platinum * PriorityClub Gold * Hilton Diamond
Got this today as well on my B-Day!
Old Jun 3, 2008, 8:41 am

Programs: DL HH
I got this today too. My birthday is not until the 24th.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 8:55 am

Programs: DL Gold Hopefully be DL nothing in 1 more year / Hertz Something / Hilton Honors Diamond
I got it too, my bday is in this month....
Old Jun 3, 2008, 9:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium Elite, HH Diamond
Is this just for PM?
Old Jun 3, 2008, 9:08 am

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Hmmm... My Birthday is in June (the 24th, actually), and I didn't get anything Of course, I did take good advantage of the earlier double MQM promotion, so I really didn't need this one, but still, the gesture would have been nice
Old Jun 3, 2008, 9:11 am

Programs: Used to have a bunch of shiny metallic cards. That was one life ago.
Hmm ... I'm 7/10. Think maybe I'll get one??

EDIT: Tried the link. Rock.

Last edited by jbatl; Jun 3, 2008 at 9:50 am
Old Jun 3, 2008, 9:15 am

Programs: DL Gold Hopefully be DL nothing in 1 more year / Hertz Something / Hilton Honors Diamond
From what I can read the flight does NOT have to bee booked on Dl.com. Yes I received this also

Terms & Conditions
Eligibility:
Only members who receive this communication directly from Delta Air Lines are eligible to participate in this offer. This offer is non-transferable. To participate in this offer, eligible members must register online by June 30, 2008.
Bonus Offer:
Purchase and fly round trip on a Delta marketed/operated flight between June 1, 2008 and July 31, 2008 and earn your choice of double bonus miles or double Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) on your first qualifying flight. Delta marketed codeshare flights are excluded from this offer. Bonus miles do not count toward Medallion or Million Miler™ status.
Travel Period:
Travel must be between June 1 and July 31, 2008. All travel must be completed by July 31, 2008.
Additional Restrictions:
Bonus miles or MQMs will post to the SkyMiles account of the qualifying member 4-6 weeks following the end of the promotion (July 31, 2008). Taxes and fees for Award Travel are the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid at the time the ticket is booked. Award Travel seats are limited and may not be available on all flights or in all markets. Hotel and rental car additions are subject to the terms and conditions of the service provider. All SkyMiles program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide. Offer void where prohibited by law. Other restrictions may apply. Offer subject to change. Please refer Delta customer service representative to 970633.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 9:23 am

Programs: Skyteam
Any links? My bday is in June but I didn't get it.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 9:26 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Premier, Onepass Platinum, Intercontinental Platinum, Marriott Silver
I got this one too. I am a CO Silver Elite and have flown DL only three times in the past 12 months.

But my loyalty is too great for Continental, so I will pass on this one.

Bigbird090
Old Jun 3, 2008, 9:27 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by skchin
Any links? My bday is in June but I didn't get it.
+1 would also love a link (another June Bday here) As, I "might" kill my skysaver tick that I'm using on my birthday -- and book revenue instead.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 9:41 am

Programs: CO-Silver, Hertz, Marriott Silver, Hilton
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
+1 would also love a link (another June Bday here) As, I "might" kill my skysaver tick that I'm using on my birthday -- and book revenue instead.
I received the e-mail today even though I haven't flown Delta in years. Here is the link, and I've pasted eligibility rules below:

https://www.delta.com/marketing/happ...Birthday&Log=1

Eligibility:
Only members who receive this communication directly from Delta Air Lines are eligible to participate in this offer. This offer is non-transferable. To participate in this offer, eligible members must register online by June 30, 2008.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.