Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

No more 737's soon! Anyone going to miss them??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2008, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 2.3MM, Hyatt Gold, Hertz PC, Hilton Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum

I do mostly international but the odd connecting flight where I get a 737 you can tell most of those girls are old! No video, stinky bathrooms, quite a few mechanical problems and fuel guzzlers.

Anyone out there really going to miss them?

I will still get to experience them with Lufthansa and some of the other European and APAC operators.

This may cause UA to close on their outstanding Airbus order for better effeciency if they ever increase domestic capacity again!
Old Jun 4, 2008, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
This has been my least favorite jet aircraft. Buh-bye!

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I will miss them simply because they are classics, loud and again classic!

I won't miss their old interiors etc etc though
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K; CO Plat; SPG Plat (yay!); Hertz 5-Star
I will miss the SHIP out of them if I'm stuck on a CRJ-200 on my upcoming flights to and from:

SEA-LAX
EWR-ORD
BUR-DEN
In Memoriam, Original Member

Yea. Because I don't see how UA can keep 14x daily LAX-SFO flights with the remaining fleet.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 4:02 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
I have fond memories of a few of my many, many 737 flights over the years. My best coach flight ever was in row 3 of a 737 before E+ came along... I had the row to myself, great service. Also had a handful of memorable flights in F.

But, the bad far outweighs the good.. I'll be very glad to see them go!
Old Jun 4, 2008, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'll miss the Bill Cosby sweater bulkheads and seat covers.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 4:07 pm

Programs: Former 1KMM now free as UA Gold MM, former HH D, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Compared to the RJs and missing flights on the schedule that will be taking their place, I'll definitely miss them.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K (woohoo), SPG Gold, HH Diamond, MR Silver, Avis Worst, National Exec Elite; Destinations Many
I'll miss them only because I "might" have a chance to have an empty seat next to me, unlike my usual RJ. They also have IFE - which although isnt always on, does have lucky Channel 9!
Old Jun 4, 2008, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
I will miss row three--quite comfortable if stuck in Coach.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by auh2o
Yea. Because I don't see how UA can keep 14x daily LAX-SFO flights with the remaining fleet.
More opportunity for VX and WN. Aside from SFO/LAX-JFK, UA can only make money on monopoly routes.

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by LurkerNoMore
I will miss the SHIP out of them if I'm stuck on a CRJ-200 on my upcoming flights to and from:

SEA-LAX
EWR-ORD
BUR-DEN
Oh, come now, those flights will probably just get cancelled.

Programs: UA GS 1MM
I will miss them as their retirement represents the end of an era, and the future is very uncertain.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 4:22 pm

Programs: VX, UA 2P
Originally Posted by auh2o
They are also cutting flights.

Originally Posted by rjque
More opportunity for VX and WN. Aside from SFO/LAX-JFK, UA can only make money on monopoly routes.
Here's hoping VX can pick up some more airport slots as a result. UA: pls relinquish some ORD slots
Old Jun 4, 2008, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by LurkerNoMore

SEA-LAX
EWR-ORD
BUR-DEN
Having flown many times on the late evening DEN-BUR 737 flight, I can understand why they would substitue the aircraft for a CRJ-200. There are rarely more than 30 passengers on the flight, let alone 50! (at least on the flights I have been on)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.