Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OLCI - Couple of queries for the BA FTers

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2008, 2:47 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk
Original Poster

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Cool OLCI - Couple of queries for the BA FTers

I am sure that this has been flogged to death in the past but I may as well ask this now.

I used OLCI on Thursday and again on Saturday. On Thusday it did not allow me in as it said that I was too early! I went straight back round and it was fine - it must have been a few seconds early. We checked in and we were not the first. Now this was for a LGW-DRS. Who or why would others be checked in earlier - I mean about 11 or 12 people. Now this is not a beef - I am just curious.

Secondly - and this is a minor peeve - when you do OLCI it never gives you any Lounge information - even though the service knows full well that you are Gold/Silver/CE. Is this a back door way to save money? It means that you have to go to a desk and ask. That is no big deal - but that is what OLCI seeks to avoid. Am I missing something to click that will tell me?

Lastly, DRS is IMUO one of the most pleasant airports that I have used in a long time. It is easily accessable from downtown and the full fare is - wait for it - E1.80. I kid you not.

Best of all - as there is no lounge - they give you a voucher for E15 each! It is accepted everywhere - including the Duty Free shop where Bombay is E19 a 47.7% proof litre. They subsidised my gin! ^^^.

Him Indoors clanked as he got onboard!
Old Jun 16, 2008, 2:56 am

Programs: BA Gold
People on connecting flights get to OLCI for all the flights 24 hours before the first sector. So the 11 or so could have connected from another flight.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 2:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GLAFlyer
People on connecting flights get to OLCI for all the flights 24 hours before the first sector. So the 11 or so could have connected from another flight.

Really? So far in advance? Goodness Gracious me.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 3:02 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Really? So far in advance? Goodness Gracious me.
Yep. If they'd connected from the US, they'd have had a good 10 hour OLCI head start on passengers starting their journey at LGW.

Cheers,
Rick
Old Jun 16, 2008, 3:49 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by GLAFlyer
Are you sure? For example I am on a 13:05 LHR > MAD tomorrow with a return on Wed at 17:30. I know from experience it won't let me check in for the return. However I sometimes get a 14:30 return and OLCI lets me check in for both legs.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 3:56 am

Programs: Muccihood de la Rotisserie Doree, BAEC Gold, SAS Eurobonus basic, Ansett Golden Wing :-(
Originally Posted by OPebble
Are you sure? For example I am on a 13:05 LHR > MAD tomorrow with a return on Wed at 17:30. I know from experience it won't let me check in for the return. However I sometimes get a 14:30 return and OLCI lets me check in for both legs.
The second of two connecting flights can be OLCI'd more than 24 hours in advance but IME return flights cannot.

JS
Old Jun 16, 2008, 3:58 am

Programs: Mucci, BA-GGL, LH-Sen
I used OLCI on Thursday and again on Saturday. On Thusday it did not allow me in as it said that I was too early! I went straight back round and it was fine - it must have been a few seconds early. We checked in and we were not the first. Now this was for a LGW-DRS. Who or why would others be checked in earlier - I mean about 11 or 12 people.
This might be a stupid question but how did you know you were not first? From the serial number on your BP?
Old Jun 16, 2008, 4:09 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Best of all - as there is no lounge - they give you a voucher for E15 each! It is accepted everywhere - including the Duty Free shop where Bombay is E19 a 47.7% proof litre.
Is the voucher unique to DRS? I didn't get anything when flying from CTA last month and there is no lounge there
Old Jun 16, 2008, 4:15 am

Programs: BA, BMI, NZ, SQ
Originally Posted by Cyba
This might be a stupid question but how did you know you were not first? From the serial number on your BP?
From the sequence number on the boarding pass.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 4:16 am

Programs: Muccihood de la Rotisserie Doree, BAEC Gold, SAS Eurobonus basic, Ansett Golden Wing :-(
Yes the SEQ number tells you how many pax have already checked in at the time you checked in.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 4:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by johnaalex
Is the voucher unique to DRS? I didn't get anything when flying from CTA last month and there is no lounge there
No idea Sweetheart - but I bet there was something - only you had to ask - and my contention is that you should not have to. You should be told and I cannot see any reason why you were not.

Anyhow - Guess who was a Happy Bunny!
Old Jun 16, 2008, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Him Indoors clanked as he got onboard!
You put him in handcuffs?
Old Jun 16, 2008, 4:20 am

Yes - the sequence number "Seq" on your boarding pass shows how many people have checked in before you.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 4:27 am

Programs: Mucci, BA-GGL, LH-Sen
Thanks guys. I know what the sequence number says - i was just wondering if there was something else going on here as Pucci didn't mention printing their boarding passes.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 4:46 am
Original Poster

Thanks guys. I know what the sequence number says - i was just wondering if there was something else going on here as Pucci didn't mention printing their boarding passes.
No that was an oversight - yes I printed them both on both occasions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.