Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LHR - OSL in CW - lunch on board both ways? - Lounge at OSL?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2008, 4:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci of the Dominion of Maple and Moose; Keeper of Sir MightyMoose; BAEC Silver; AC MileagePlus

Planning a hop up to the land of the chunky sweaters in Aug

Since it's a 2hr+ flight (zone wot again? ), am wondering what lunch fare I can expect on board (both ways), and what the lounge is like in OSL?

Thanks!
Old Jun 24, 2008, 5:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum
OSL is Band 3 and it is CE not CW
(but I think you possibly knew that)

See the other thread about Extended Breakfasts (Extended Breakfast -Is this new?) for full details of the service on offer. There should be choice of hot main / salad main for lunch. I haven't done the trip for 12 months but I do remember Prawn Curry from last year !

If the lounge is still the 3rd Party "OSL" one - then my report from last July will be reasonably accurate..

JULY 2007
Visited Oslo yesterday - Hope the following is useful

Lounge is OSL Lounge - 3rd party shared with Aeroflot, AF, KLM, Continental, CSA - but BA (one world) seem to be more dominant than the others (Lots of High Life Magazines and Schedules on Display)

There is a reception area (with 18 small trees running through it) and a nice smiling dragon.

UK and Norwgian newspapers - Economist, Spectator etc...

I am hopeless at estimating sizes but I would say a third of the total area of 1f of T1 Terraces.

There is a view of the apron area

The lounge is nice and quiet - tastefully done in brown with relaxing lighting - kept clean - a mixture of comfy chairs, working desks and lounging chairs

WIFI available

BUT - Food offering (5pm) not up to much IMHO

Juice from a machine (Apple and Orange)
Soda (Pepsi, Max, 7 up)
Wine on tap - one red argentinean, one white french
The usual coffee machine

1 norwegian beer on tap
1 bottle of Vodka, 1 famous grouse, 1 baileys, 1 Hammer Gin

in the fridge - non alchoholic beer, coke, bitter lemon, tonic water

NO - Diet coke NO Tomato Juice

Mini chocolate muffins, chocolate biscuits, pretzels, fish shaped biscuits, crisps (plain and paprika)

Salt , Pepper, lemon Juice, Tabasco, Worcestershire Sauce (heinz - uggh)

In the chiller -Fruit Salad, Basic Ceaser Salad + Croutons

French Bread, Two types of norwegain crispbreads - 3 assorted jams

Conclusion - nice quiet place - comfy seats - food nothing to write home about - glad i was in CE last night !!

hope this helps ....
Old Jun 24, 2008, 6:08 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Capricorn70
Planning a hop up to the land of the chunky sweaters in Aug

Since it's a 2hr+ flight (zone wot again? ), am wondering what lunch fare I can expect on board (both ways), and what the lounge is like in OSL?

Thanks!
Well Sweetheart - if you told us at what time you were flying?
Old Jun 24, 2008, 6:15 am

Programs: Muccihood de la Rotisserie Doree, BAEC Gold, SAS Eurobonus basic, Ansett Golden Wing :-(
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
The thread title asks about lunch so I assume he's on the 1245pm flight to OSL and the 1155am back to LHR (but maybe the OP could confirm?).

James

Last edited by James S; Jun 24, 2008 at 9:32 am Reason: wrong flight time
Old Jun 24, 2008, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci of the Dominion of Maple and Moose; Keeper of Sir MightyMoose; BAEC Silver; AC MileagePlus
*From Malhoumbeau*

Auntie Pucci!! Would I even DARE dream of having you pet my horny lil' head (I *PROMISE* I'll be on my absolutely best behaviour before, during AND after!!) on one of the segments??

Looks like we're flying out on 766 (dep 1245) and coming back on 763 (dep 1155). Cap70 is such a stickler on food; moi... feed me bubblies and I'll be happy!
Old Jun 24, 2008, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by James S
The thread title asks about lunch so I assume he's on the 105pm flight to OSL and the 1155am back to LHR (but maybe the OP could confirm?).

James
Someone actually understands how my silly head works!

And thank you Sb for yer detailed reply - very helpful! ^
Old Jun 24, 2008, 11:21 am

Someone actually understands how my silly head works!

And thank you Sb for yer detailed reply - very helpful! ^

Yes wasn't he amazing - you would think that he had taken a stocktake in the place. The lounge is quite pleasant as memory serves as opposed to that ghastly Eric Honicker era dump in Stockholm!

Now my lovely horny Mousse and Capikid

You will probably get a hot dish du jour, cheese, and a Just Desert (do you like Chocolate Malhoumbeau Mon Beau Beau?!) - well they may have one of those for you as well. They will have drinks before lunch - or at least they ought to and lots of Champagne will be yours.

Promise
Old Jun 24, 2008, 11:57 am

Programs: Muccihood (Services to Poetry),BAEC Blue, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club Silver, Mollie Sugden Fan Club
The lounge is quite pleasant as memory serves as opposed to that ghastly Eric Honicker era dump in Stockholm!
Quite agree with you Pucci - the new OSL is MUCH nicer than the ARN lounge. I was in the ARN lounge 2 years ago and there was a choice of breads, cream cheese, pastrami, and weirdly cut tomatoes, and then a few weeks back it seems that the only food was some awful cold "hot" nuts (I found out later the bread et al had moved into the Platinum lounge through the coded slidy-door things - an enhancement no doubt)

At least the PC's work in the ARN lounge (and yes, I also had to ask where the "@" symbol was on the keyboard!)
Old Jun 24, 2008, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Now my lovely horny Mousse and Capikid

You will probably get a hot dish du jour, cheese, and a Just Desert (do you like Chocolate Malhoumbeau Mon Beau Beau?!) - well they may have one of those for you as well. They will have drinks before lunch - or at least they ought to and lots of Champagne will be yours.

Promise
*From Malhoumbeau, Auntie Pucci's OWN Horny Mousse!!*

Auntie Pucci!!

CHOCOLATEOMGCHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!!!!! Cap70 doesn't let me near his stash - says I wear half of it the way I gobble and drool Any wonder I'm the colour I am??

And bubblies... THAT I can absolutely not have enough of - and it won't show even if I slosh half a bottle on myself - not MY fault the glass keeps getting refilled (with only the occasional prodding from Cap70 )...

I'm STILL ROFL that you called Cap70 Capikid!!! He fancies himself a bit of a stud with most ppl ... that'll knock him down a peg or two Tho I know for a fact that he'd GLADLY fall on his kness and worship the ground your beauteous feet tread on

Happy Flying (and Tanning!!) ^
Old Jun 24, 2008, 1:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

......that'll knock him down a peg or two Tho I know for a fact that he'd GLADLY fall on his kness and worship the ground your beauteous feet tread on
Overdoing it just a touch today are you not?

I hear they shall be serving Reindeer meat on the Oslo run this August. ^
Old Jun 24, 2008, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HIDDY

I take no responsibility over what my trusty side-kick may or may not have typed!

Reindeer is actually quite tasty... and of course reindeer and moose are completely different animals
Old Jun 25, 2008, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY

He can lay it on with a trowel if he likes. I know which I can listen to all day long. Guess which Moose (sorry what has that got to do with Reindeer. Rudolph the Red Nosed Mousse just doies not cut it for me. His nose is only brown as the rest of him as he likes Mars Bars, KitKats, and Rolos. I'll say it before you have time to think about it when you eventually rise at the crack of noon.

Guess which Moose is featuring in the Birthday Honours?
Old Jun 25, 2008, 3:32 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Rudolph

Surname "Hucker"?
Old Jun 25, 2008, 4:25 am
Original Poster

He can lay it on with a trowel if he likes. I know which I can listen to all day long. Guess which Moose (sorry what has that got to do with Reindeer. Rudolph the Red Nosed Mousse just doies not cut it for me. His nose is only brown as the rest of him as he likes Mars Bars, KitKats, and Rolos. I'll say it before you have time to think about it when you eventually rise at the crack of noon.

Guess which Moose is featuring in the Birthday Honours?
*From Malhoumbeau*

YAY Auntie Pucci!!

Thanks so so so so so so much!! I swear on every horny bit on me antlers that I'll be there to defend yer honour whenever and wherever you might need me... it IS a distinct advantage when you have a 1500-lb hairy AND muscly bum that can crush even the RUDEST of yer charges! Bring me to Argentina with you and I'll show ya!! http://farm1.static.flickr.com/83/23...81e25d.jpg?v=0

Capikid (I'm still lol-ing!) admonishes me to be on my BESTEST behaviour from now on, but he'll have to show me a bit more respect now too, won't he??^

As for Roody and his tribe, I'm just glad 1) I don't have a 'orrible red honker like him; 2) the only mousse ppl eat is vegeterian!

*Sloppy Moose Kisses with a hint of Godiva Grand Marnier truffles (nicked from Capikid's hidden stash)*

Last edited by Capricorn70; Jun 25, 2008 at 4:42 am
Old Jun 25, 2008, 4:54 am

Unless the Reindeer is served cold it usually ends up being rather chewy and with a stale taste in the air. In fact, it does not fly too well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.