Wiki Posts
Search

Sneaking to Crown Room

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2008, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K, Ex-DL Plat, SPG Plat, IC Plat, Hilton Gold
Sneaking to Crown Room

Has anyone else witnessed people trying to sneak into the Crown Room? I just saw my first attempt the other day in ATL. Some guy with his wife/girlfriend tried to sprint up the stairs while the agents were busy but the alert agent grabbed him and ejected his sorry butt. Does this happen frequently?
Old Jul 4, 2008, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Of all my flying, I've never seen it happen. If you want in that bad, you can....

-PAY for a day passes or membership
-at worst, stand outside the CRC and ask someone to gift you in.

Stupid.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 6:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, HH Diamond, AA EXP, VS Gold, BAEC Silver, Global Entry, UK RT
That's just stupid. I have never seen it happen.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 7:28 pm

Programs: Used to have a bunch of shiny metallic cards. That was one life ago.
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

And with his lady friend, to boot! How impressive ... 'Sure, we can go to the lounge, sweetie. But, when I say run, you better run!'
Old Jul 4, 2008, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
I've seen plenty of people arguing with the desk agents trying to get into the lounge when they didn't have the proper credentials. Never seen anyone dash on by the agents though.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 1:54 am

Darn those quick agents!

She moved awfully quick for a lady in heels! I still can't believe they caught me...and it wasn't my girlfriend or my wife, it was my sister!
Old Jul 5, 2008, 7:18 am

Programs: Diamond Delta, Delta 3 million miler, Lifetime Diamond HH, Hertz Presidents
I'm sure people sneak in all the time. I have been at certain locations where the front desk may be unattended for a minute or two (FLL) or locations that are soo busy it would be hard to stop everyone.
I have a membership, but I have walked by a few locations while agents are distracted and thought of attempting to go in.

It wouldn't be hard, its not like TSA but I guess that isn't saying much either.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 8:52 am

Programs: DL PM
Now, I am a proud CRC member, but is it really worth it to "sneak" in for some poppyseed muffins or a drink? Now, if it was the BA Concord Lounge, maybe...
Old Jul 5, 2008, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Maybe it's the same guy 'self-upgrading' at National.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=840270
Old Jul 5, 2008, 10:03 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I saw some guy trying to get into the DCA CRC with his US Chairmans card -- while flying AC. I was in a good mood so I brought him in as my guest
Old Jul 5, 2008, 10:40 am

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
See, I'm telling you, this is why we need to bring back moats.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by photojojo
See, I'm telling you, this is why we need to bring back moats.
And dragons...lounge dragons.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 2:32 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DaDaDan
And dragons...lounge dragons.
Please! I just had a vision of TSA manning the entrance to CRC's...
Old Jul 5, 2008, 5:36 pm
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by jbatl
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

And with his lady friend, to boot! How impressive ... 'Sure, we can go to the lounge, sweetie. But, when I say run, you better run!'
anyone wanna bet he is a member of the dine and dash club?
Old Jul 5, 2008, 8:08 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
There have been a few times I've done 30 or 60 day trials. Within those times when I was a legit member I have walked past busy desks without being questioned (MIA, SLC) as well as gone in through side elevators (JFK) without intention of "sneaking in" but bypassing the check-in desk. Once when I needed to speak to a competent res agent I asked someone to guest me in and they did. It's not too hard to do, but a blitz past the desk isn't the way to do it.

That said, I did "self-upgrade" at Thrifty in MIA once... but only because a Sebring Convertible was parked in the space number I was assigned, instead of the Sebring Sedan I was booked in. Not that much of an upgrade to be honest...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.