Wiki Posts
Search

CDG Terminal Transfers 2F-2E

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2008, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold
Question CDG Terminal Transfers 2F-2E

I'm flying my girlfriend from IAH to MAD on a CO award ticket (on Air France) via CDG. She will land in terminal 2E but will need to transfer to 2F to catch her flight to MAD.

I've never transferred terminals before at CDG for a connection, does anyone know the setup? I know she will have to clear customs with transferring passengers, but to physically get from 2E to 2F is there a walkway would she use the inter-terminal bus?

Thanks for any help!
Old Jul 5, 2008, 6:43 am

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
Yes, you go down escalators and walk underground then back up. It's no more than 5-10 minutes. Heres a map: http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/Adp/R...2b4-cdg2ef.pdf

Here's also the sticky thread from the Air France forum with all you'll ever want to know about CDG
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=456112
Old Jul 5, 2008, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by hughw
Yes, you go down escalators and walk underground then back up. It's no more than 5-10 minutes. Heres a map: http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/Adp/R...2b4-cdg2ef.pdf
Looks something like C <---> D at CLE.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
She will probably have to clear immigration at CDG as well, so you should allow for that as well.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
Originally Posted by colpuck
She will probably have to clear immigration at CDG as well, so you should allow for that as well.
Actually immigration can take anywhere from a few minutes to a half hour depending on the lines. Customs is nothing -- just walk through and say you have nothing to declare. Then she will be landside and will have to go back through security before boarding the flight to MAD.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold
Thanks for the replies,

Just for clarification, when she get's to 2F she will be landside and need to go back through security to get airside again to get to the gate for the flight to MAD.

Also, she will not need to collect her bags for the transfer as she would in the U.S. correct?

Thanks Again.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 3:13 pm

CDG transfer between NW and AF

I just booked a trip where I will get off from a Northwest flight from Minneapolis (US) to CDG. I think NW arrives at terminal 2E. My AF flight for Dubai will leave from 2F (as far as I know). Reading all these posts sounds insane that you have to clear immigration just to transit and go to your next gate for your connecting flight. I have traveled so much in my life but never been to a crazy airport such as this! Is this really true? Someone was telling me that if I take the "shuttle bus" instead of walking between 2E and 2F I can avoid immigration lines and just have to clear security which makes much more sense. Anyone experianced with this airport please advice?

Fortunately, my return flights are through KLM via Amsterdam. I love that airport and know it inside and out.

Thanks!!
Old Aug 21, 2008, 3:24 pm

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
Originally Posted by viperz4
Reading all these posts sounds insane that you have to clear immigration just to transit and go to your next gate for your connecting flight. I have traveled so much in my life but never been to a crazy airport such as this! Is this really true?
I can't speak for CDG but have you ever transited in the US? Flying SYD-LAX-YYZ, at LAX you have to pass through immigration just to fly on to Canada. The process often means you end up missing the connecting flight. Air Canada now specifically market their direct SYD-YVR route as a way of getting to Canada without having to go through the hassle of US Immigration.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
I just booked a trip where I will get off from a Northwest flight from Minneapolis (US) to CDG. I think NW arrives at terminal 2E. My AF flight for Dubai will leave from 2F (as far as I know). Reading all these posts sounds insane that you have to clear immigration just to transit and go to your next gate for your connecting flight. I have traveled so much in my life but never been to a crazy airport such as this! Is this really true? Someone was telling me that if I take the "shuttle bus" instead of walking between 2E and 2F I can avoid immigration lines and just have to clear security which makes much more sense. Anyone experianced with this airport please advice?

Fortunately, my return flights are through KLM via Amsterdam. I love that airport and know it inside and out.

Thanks!!
To transfer between 2E and non-Schengen 2F, you either have to walk and re-clear immigration and security, or take the bus from 2E to 2F non-Schengen, which can take longer than walking but does not involve an immigration check. I would walk, but I hate queuing up for the busses.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 4:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Thanks!!
Welcome to FlyerTalk!!

Assuming you are carrying a passport that allows for free entry into France, clearing immigration and walking will almost certainly be faster and more pleasant than the buses. And I've never had a bad line at the immigration desks when making the transfer. The passport is likely the most significant issue in deciding which approach to take.

And, yes, transiting in the USA is the worst (or at least on par with) of any country in the world, IMO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.