Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 767 (Domestic) [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 767 (Domestic) [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2002, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Question Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 767 (Domestic) [Consolidated]

By request, here is the next installment in our series of PSAs - Public Seating Announcements.

Boeing 767-300 Two-Class (767MD)

FIRST CLASS

The First Class seats on this plane are 19” wide with 38” pitch. Row 1 legroom is a little short, but not terribly so (I have sat in 1EF). However, I would not recommend Row 1 for some of the long hauls (ORD/LAX/SFO-Hawaii). The side bulkheads have 15” LCD displays and there is a projection screen in the center. The rear bulkhead I believe is straight, without the angled upper section, so recline is probably limited in that row.

ECONOMY PLUS CLASS – ROWS 10-17

Nothing remarkable here with 18” width and 35” pitch for the seats. Again, LCD displays on the side bulkheads and a center projection screen

ECONOMY CLASS – ROWS 20-42

21AB and 21HJ are the most desired, being Overwing Exits. They have extra legroom and full recline. 20AB and 20HJ also are Overwing Exits, but with less then full recline and slightly less legroom due to the bulkhead. Note that 16AB and 17AB do not have overhead space. The liferafts are overhead. So you either need to use 16/17DEF's overhead or 18ABs'. Also, Row 16 DEF have quite decent legroom - maybe 34-35" or so.

The rest of the seats are 18” wide with 31” pitch. Like up front, LCD displays on the side bulkheads and a center projection screen, though there are four additional overhead CRTs to allow folks in back to see the movie.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jul 29, 2009 at 7:31 pm Reason: Removed 757 and old International 767 Information
Old Aug 30, 2005, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Is there any better seats as far as legroom is concerned on the 2 class 767? I understand avoiding row 1 is a good idea, are all the rest equal besides row 1?

SEA Tigger6AC don't have full recline according to seatguru, if someone can confirm that, you might want to add it up top.
Old Sep 6, 2005, 5:02 pm

And how restrictive is the legroom in row 1? I'm 5'8" with short legs, so would it be a problem with me too?

Originally Posted by qasr
Is there any better seats as far as legroom is concerned on the 2 class 767? I understand avoiding row 1 is a good idea, are all the rest equal besides row 1?

SEA Tigger6AC don't have full recline according to seatguru, if someone can confirm that, you might want to add it up top.
Old Sep 29, 2005, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wearenotlow
And how restrictive is the legroom in row 1? I'm 5'8" with short legs, so would it be a problem with me too?
I'm 6'2" and I can handle Row 1 for flights up to 2 hours. I wouldn't want to try and do HI in R1, though. I can cross my legs and stretch them a bit, so that makes it better then 1CD on the 757 where my knees darn near touch the wall with my feet flat to the floor.

As for Row 6, I think the wall is flat (without the angled upper half), so that would indeed affect recline.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Soemthing I noticed on the two class 767 the other day was that there is no air vents above 2EF because of the overhead projector. Every other F seat had them as far as I could see.

This was particularly bothersome as I had to run to make the connection and was sitting there hot and sweaty with no air vent!
Old Oct 12, 2005, 11:25 am

Programs: NorthSails® | Starboard | ION
Originally Posted by SEA_Tigger
Boeing 767-300 Two-Class (767MD)

FIRST CLASS

The First Class seats on this plane are 19” wide with 38” pitch. Row 1 legroom is a little short, but not terribly so (I have sat in 1EF). However, I would not recommend Row 1 for some of the long hauls (ORD/LAX/SFO-Hawaii)...
Correct. I would only also add that Row 1 (particularly AB and HJ) hasvery limited overhead storage due to emergency equipment (as well as no floor storage due to bulkhead).
Old Oct 26, 2005, 6:34 pm

Programs: UA GS
767 2 and 3 E/F no good

Originally Posted by qasr
Soemthing I noticed on the two class 767 the other day was that there is no air vents above 2EF because of the overhead projector. Every other F seat had them as far as I could see.

This was particularly bothersome as I had to run to make the connection and was sitting there hot and sweaty with no air vent!
Not only are there no vents but it makes the cabin smaller because it feels shorter due to the projector. Kind of claustrophobic feeling. The people in 3 E and F complained it was warm due to the projector?
Old Nov 29, 2005, 12:09 pm

I've sat in 5A a couple times now on a 3 class 763 (domestic), and have noticed that pax sitting in this row seem to get ignored at times by the FA's, perhaps because row 5 is farthest from the galley. Has anyone else noticed this?
Old Jan 30, 2006, 11:02 am

767 2 Class Seating

RE: B767 2 class

Okay, given that:

Row 1 does not have much leg room,

Seats 2EF have no air vent

Seats 3EF might have limited head room and heat issues from the projector,

Any issues with the rest of the seats?

Does 5EF have reduced recline? Any noise issues with proximity to steerage?
Old Jan 30, 2006, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GimmeLegRoom
While the overhead bins are already pretty bad, I remember one side had overhead equipment which wiped out the bin space completely. I also remember I had the choice when I booked of either 16B or 16F, so it's something I'd like to know for the future.
On the 767 (both versions), 16AB and 17AB's overhead bins contain life rafts and are unusable.

When in 16B, I board early and use 15AB's space if I have my rollaboard (I know, I know, but "the early and knowledgeable elite gets the bin") or if I have a smaller bag, it goes under 15B in front of me, leaving the bin open.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 7:45 pm
Liz

Programs: MP
I don't work those planes very often (avoid like the plague) but I always get complaints that the exit rows are cold. This is pretty standard on all a/c exits. It is colder. Bring a blanket, coat, whatever and you will be more comfortable. If you find yourself hot, just start tossing stuff off! Concur with other posters that those are probably the best seats. Except the two (four?) Y seats up in Biz, if they aren't in use for crew rest, where you get Biz service in E seat.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 9:33 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Originally Posted by Liz
I don't work those planes very often (avoid like the plague) but I always get complaints that the exit rows are cold. This is pretty standard on all a/c exits.
Agreed. I sat in 16A recently, and it was freezing cold after a few hours.

One slight disagreement: I'd wager that the 767 is significantly colder than most other aircraft exit rows.
Old Dec 27, 2006, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA CK & Hyatt Globalist
2-Class 763

I just booked a full F from lax-ord-clt and on the LAX-ORD leg it's on a 763 2-class config. I havent flown a 767 series since the 762 in late 2000. Is F service on the 763 good on the lax-ord (UA940) route? How is the meal service? the seats? audio?
Old Dec 27, 2006, 8:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
It's the same as any other domestic F, though I have noticed alot more static on Channel 9.
Old Dec 27, 2006, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
It's the same as any other domestic F, though I have noticed alot more static on Channel 9.
The food service is the same as any other flight. The seats are terrible, IMO. They are very old and noticably warn, and are also very narrow. Overall, not a very nice plane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.