Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

aloft Chicago O'Hare, ORD, IL [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aloft Chicago O'Hare, ORD, IL [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2008, 10:08 am
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Arrow aloft Chicago O'Hare, ORD, IL [Master Thread]

The aloft Chicago O'Hare is scheduled to open July 31, 2008 so I thought I would get a thread started for it. Some pics online here.

I had 2 reservations booked in August and September which have disappeared from the "My Stays" page. They do not show up either on the upcoming or canceled stays page. I called the platinum line and they could not locate it either by date or confirmation number. I was told to call the hotel directly ((847) 671-4444), but the person a that number does not have access to reservations system and told me to call (877 GO ALOFT). They cannot locate it either. Both reservations were booked on spg.com.

I was hoping to write a review for FT after my stay but it looks like this property does not want me. [This was resolved a few days later.]

Here are links to my extensive review. This was correct at the time of posting but there have been a few changes (e.g. parking fee rates) since then so you should also read the later postings.

Last edited by gfowler-ord-1k; Sep 11, 2011 at 2:15 pm Reason: Add index to the reviews
Old Jul 11, 2008, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
It sounds like they have changed their reservation system. Call Platinum Concierge again, and tell them to search by guest name for that property.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 11:41 am
In memoriam
Original Poster

Starwood corporate services is investigating it now. I was told the search for the reservation was by "every method I know" (name, date, confirmation number). Nothing shows up.
Old Jul 12, 2008, 10:05 am

Programs: UA-GS,1.95MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorer
Saw it

I was out for a walk by the Chicago (ORD) airport last night and saw a huge sign for Aloft on the side of the building. I wasn't aware one was opening, or else I would have walked down and got a closer look. Its in a pretty convneient location, about a 5 min ride from the airport via shuttle and about a 3 block walk to the train. Even pretty convenient to the convention center with about a block walk.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 11:51 pm

Programs: Northwest, Starwood, Hilton, National Car
Staying opening night...

I am booked to stay at the aloft O'Hare July 31st - August 3rd. I will give a full report from the hotel, this will be my first aloft stay.

Chris
NWA Platinum
SPG Platinum
HHonors Diamond
National Executive Elite
Old Jul 15, 2008, 8:03 am
In memoriam
Original Poster

Looking forward to hearing your report kosair. I just received a call from the GM who told me that the reservation system is in transition and they should be viewable again on July 16th.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 8:11 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
The aloft Chicago O'Hare is scheduled to open July 31, 2008 so I thought I would get a thread started for it.

I had 2 reservations booked in August and September which have disappeared from the "My Stays" page. They do not show up either on the upcoming or canceled stays page. I called the platinum line and they could not locate it either by date or confirmation number. I was told to call the hotel directly ((847) 671-4444), but the person a that number does not have access to reservations system and told me to call (877 GO ALOFT). They cannot locate it either. Both reservations were booked on spg.com.

I was hoping to write a review for FT after my stay but it looks like this property does not want me.
I had a similar problem with a reservation at the aloft Rogers-Bentonville in Arkansas. Reservation was booked on SPG.com, appeared on my account, later disappeared, and the hotel had no clue who I was when I showed up. They couldn't locate my reservation using my name or confirmation number. Luckily, they had tons of availability and just manually booked me on the spot at the same rate. Lesson learned. If they can't get it fixed, you might need to book another reservation.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 11:14 am
In memoriam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
... I just received a call from the GM who told me that the reservation system is in transition and they should be viewable again on July 16th.
The reservations reappeared a few hours after I got the call from the GM however they had new confirmation numbers. I just got off the phone with the Platinum desk and asked if the one I booked through the helpdesk link to get the 500 points was showing it was booked that way. The reservations were rebooked yesterday and the all 9s code was not there. I was told the 500 point bonus would be taken care of.

kosair, my advice is to recheck your reservation to make sure everything is in order. I am a little tolerant because I realize most properties have startup problems but this one has cost me about 2 hours of my time getting it taken care of.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 5:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy,IHG Rewards, Aeroplan
Opening August 24th?

In English, Starwood's web site indicates "Now accepting reservations for arrival on or after July 24, 2008".

In French, it shows ""Accepting reservations for arrival on or after July 31, 2008".

The hotel's phone number is directed to a message stating that the hotel is opening on July 17th (today is the 20th).

Confused? A call to 1-877-GO-ALOFT confirms opening on the 24th.

Weekend rates start at $109 with the 3rd night free.

Aloha!
Old Jul 21, 2008, 1:45 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by Voyageur
In English, Starwood's web site indicates "Now accepting reservations for arrival on or after July 24, 2008".

In French, it shows ""Accepting reservations for arrival on or after July 31, 2008".

The hotel's phone number is directed to a message stating that the hotel is opening on July 17th (today is the 20th).

Confused? A call to 1-877-GO-ALOFT confirms opening on the 24th.

Weekend rates start at $109 with the 3rd night free.

Aloha!
Hi

The opening date should be 24th July according to the details provided.

[email protected]
Old Jul 21, 2008, 7:59 am

Programs: Northwest, Starwood, Hilton, National Car
Reservation system back working

I just checked and my reservation is fine. Thanks for alerting me to the reservation system problems.

I hope to have a great stay at aloft Chicago O'Hare and I will post about my stay from the hotel.

Chris
Old Jul 21, 2008, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM Lifetime, AA PlatPro,Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime, Hyatt Globalist
Ouch!

Our Corporate SET rate doesn't apply at this hotel. It shows as 'Gp NonComm Default'. The rate is nearly double what I can get at the nearby Westin O'Hare so it's out of policy to stay here.

Maybe they haven't loaded corporate discounts yet.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 11:19 am
In memoriam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
... The opening date should be 24th July according to the details provided...
I am free that afternoon and will try to drop by and check the place out.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 1:32 pm

I would love to hear from one of the early visitors about this hotel. One thing I can't figure out from the website is whether parking is free or not; it seems to indicate that valet parking is $28/night. Presently I've booked a package that includes free parking which would imply that it usually costs money but am still curious what the reality is.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 1:36 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by whlinder
I would love to hear from one of the early visitors about this hotel. One thing I can't figure out from the website is whether parking is free or not; it seems to indicate that valet parking is $28/night. Presently I've booked a package that includes free parking which would imply that it usually costs money but am still curious what the reality is.
Self parking is $22/night. Valet parking would be $28/night.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.