Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel statement via e-mail or online...?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2008, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, Delta Gold Medallion, United/Star Alliance Gold, Marriott Gold
Hotel statement via e-mail or online...?

I have this issue periodically where I depart the property in the early morning (~4:30am) to make a flight and it's before the statements have been delivered. I'll either forget to stop by the front desk or, in some cases, it's unmanned.

To my knowledge there's no way to access a hotel statement online or have it delivered via e-mail. Anyone had any success getting a statement beyond calling the front desk and having them fax it? With Hilton I can access my folio online - not sure why Starwood doesn't offer same... or does it?
Old Jul 13, 2008, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Some SPG properties will automatically email you your folio upon check out. Some properties offer this option via TV check out. Some properties will email when you call them.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 11:06 am

Call or email hotel. They can usually email statement or, if not, fax it to you. Also, they can mail you a copy.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 11:58 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
they can usually send it via email. when i know that i am going to leave in the wee hours of the morning. i let them know. that way they can process my statement earlier.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA: 1P, SPG: PLT
This is one request I have made to the SPG web site to allow registered users to view folios. I have done the same thing in the past by checking out before they deliver the statement and have always had to call and ask to have it sent (usually by fax). Other hotel sites offer this and I use it frequently.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 6:20 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Anyone needing a hotel bill post-stay can ask Hotel Customer Service to inquire for one on your behalf. You can call them at 800-328-6242 or send them an email with this request to [email protected].

Be sure to indicate how you would like to receive it...via fax or by email.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Jul 14, 2008, 6:44 pm

Programs: LT Platinum Marriott/Starwood; Exec Plat AA; LT Plat AA
William... Marriott automatically sends you a folio in e-mail.. Perphaps an addition is warranted with SPG... An option to have your folio's automatically e-mailed to you after each stay (like marriott)

I love this option!
Old Jul 14, 2008, 6:47 pm

Programs: HH Gold, PC Platinum, SPG Platinum, AM Gold, Avis First
Agreed-the automatic e-mail folio option would be great, and it would save the paper on the one they slide under the door (often inside its own envelope). Not that good for the environment, and likely saving Starwood money by e-mailing instead. Asking for the e-mail every time is a waste of everyone's time including Starwood, hopefully this will change for the better!
Old Jul 15, 2008, 11:55 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by TooMuchTravel73
William... Marriott automatically sends you a folio in e-mail.. Perphaps an addition is warranted with SPG... An option to have your folio's automatically e-mailed to you after each stay (like marriott)

I love this option!
My guess is there are probably some options that SPG has that Marriott doesn't as well.

I didn't say Starwood was sticking its head in the sand and is not willing to do something like this in the future. In fact, as some have already said, some hotels are already doing this. At the moment, however, it is out of the question across the board, so we have an alternate way for you to get a hotel bill post-day in those instances. And, it involves contacting Hotel Customer Service by phone or by email.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Jul 29, 2008, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA PLAT, SPG PLAT. Collector of Chase UR points
I rarely receive my folio by email when I request it. I usually have to contact the front desk numerous times pestering them to have it emailed. The latest properties were The Westin in Coral Gables, Sheraton in the dilapidated mall in Fort Lauderdale, aloft and element in Lexington, Mass. I must have stopped by the front desk 6 times each begging for an email folio for my expense report. I gave three different email addresses thinking there was something wrong. I even used the kiosk once thinking the front desk agent might have been doing somthing wrong.

For my expense report, my employer prefers all travel related expenses in electronic format so I finally had to create my own hotel folio, print it in pdf and send it in with my expense report. Most of my other co-workers stay at Hilton and Marriott where they get some preferred rate and their hotel bill emailed to them every time without fail, however I like to stay at Starwood properties where I rarely receive the email. I fear that someone in my accounting office is going to catch on and question why every hotel bill looks exactly the same and start requiring me to stay at Hilton and Marriott instead of booking my own Starwood room.

It is very annoying that I cannot receive a statement by email with any Starwood hotel I stay at. I am going to email customer service to see if this works at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.