Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton St. Paul Woodbury Hotel now open [Master Thread]

Sheraton St. Paul Woodbury Hotel now open [Master Thread]

Old Jul 31, 2008, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*
Arrow Sheraton St. Paul Woodbury Hotel now open [Master Thread]

ess Release Source: Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.

Sheraton St. Paul Woodbury Hotel Opens Its Doors and Warmly Welcomes Travelers to the Twin Cities
Thursday July 31, 9:00 am ET
The Newly Constructed Sheraton St. Paul Offers Signature Brand Offerings Including "Link@Sheraton(sm) experienced with Microsoft(R)" and Core Performance Fitness Offering

WOODBURY, Minn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: HOT - News), JLT, Inc. and Wischermann Partners, Inc. announce the opening of the Sheraton St. Paul Woodbury Hotel. The newly constructed 150-room hotel offers guests Sheratons signature amenities and services designed to provide a welcoming atmosphere and exceptional guest experience. The opening of the Sheraton St. Paul is part of the most aggressive global expansion in Sheratons history -- with 54 hotels scheduled to open and 20,000 new rooms to be added to the brand by 2009.

The Sheraton St. Paul Woodbury Hotel is conveniently located at the eastern gateway to the Twin Cities, offering guests the best of both St. Paul and Minneapolis. Situated at the intersection of Interstate 94 and 494, the hotel is convenient to all major highways, one mile from the 3M headquarters campus and just minutes from downtown St. Paul.

We are proud to welcome the Sheraton St. Paul Woodbury Hotel to Sheratons growing portfolio of more than 400 hotels around the world, said Hoyt Harper, Senior Vice President for Sheraton Hotels and Resorts. Sheraton anticipates the needs of travelers who crave familiarity and comfort by providing spacious accommodations, updated technology and signature amenities all designed to make them feel at home from the moment they walk in the door.

We are thrilled to bring this newly-built Sheraton to the Twin Cities region, said Patrick Short, General Manager. Sheraton St. Paul Woodbury Hotel will become a destination in itself for our guests and a focal point for the cities of Woodbury and St. Paul.

Press Release
Old Oct 8, 2008, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Da Amb, Hyatt Glob
Verrrry nice!

Stayed here last night, and I felt like I was pulling up to the Bellagio in Vegas! OK, I'm exaggerating, but it does have a very nice fountain out front, and the artist's rendition on SPG website does not do the building justice.

Very classy, traditional decor inside. Beautiful fireplace as you walk in, warm wood finishes everywhere. (It was like the antithesis to the W hotel, which I hate by the way.)

I was upgraded to Club Floor and as you step off the elevator you are facing another 2 way fireplace which backs into the lounge.

Rooms are huge with a massive desk to spread all my stuff out on. Free wired high speed in room.

I checked out the fitness room. Only 3 steppers and 3 treadmills at this time, but lots of room for more equipment.

Overall great impression. I would stay here again. Rates are only $139/night. Very close to 3M headquarters. Biggest drawback is hotel is kind of in the middle of nowhere (and seemed surprisingly empty, I was alone in the club lounge for breakfast at 7:30!).
Old Oct 9, 2008, 11:56 pm

This is a Sheraton prototype box- similar to Tarrytown, BWI, Rockville, Garden Grove, Erie, Jax, etc...

Great looking hotels, with the new Sheraton design cues. How was the Link?
Old Oct 10, 2008, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Da Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by HOTguy
How was the Link?
Pardon? Not sure what you are asking.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 4:09 pm

Link at Sheraton - its the computer, tv, multimedia station in the lobby. New Sheratons should all have one, does this property not?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.