Calgary traffic

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Calgary traffic

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2008, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Calgary traffic

I'm flying into YYC on Thursday a little after 2pm to spend a week in Banff and Jasper ^ and have a question about going through (or around) Calgary. In order to be the most efficient with our $ and to avoid the credit card conversion fees, we're both going to hit up Scotiabank ATMs to our daily limit the first couple days that we're there. That being said I see that there's one Scotiabank ATM in downtown Calgary near 16th Ave, which is on the route out to Banff, and there's another on Country Hills Blvd, just northwest of the airport, which google maps then shows the most efficient routing as taking that west to the 201, and then south to the Trans Canada Hwy, thereby avoiding downtown Calgary.

Considering that after getting the rental car and getting on our way that it will be around 3pm, from a traffic perspective, which route would be better to take? We live in Atlanta, so we're used to bad traffic, but would prefer not to sit in it on our time off!

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 13, 2008, 3:58 pm

Programs: A Few
Although those of us who live here like to complain about the traffic, it's not really that bad when compared to most cities of a similar size. Rush hour traffic starts to build after 3:30.

Personally, I would exit the airport and take Airport Trail to Deerfoot Trail and exit Deerfoot onto 16th Ave (Trans Canada HWY) and stop a Shell station with a Scotiabank ATM such as this one which is just off 16th Ave on your way to Banff and on the same side of the street.

Scotiabank Shell Abm
1820 Uxbridge Drive Nw
Calgary, AB, T2N3Z1

This is no way to go around Calgary...you have to drive through it...and unfortunately for you the East-West route is the slow one.

Enjoy Banff and Jasper...the weather forecast is excellent!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.