New Release of FT?

Old Aug 20, 2008, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA plus
New Release of FT?

I noticed one of Randy's posts mentioned the re deployment of Flyertalk.com coming on September 2nd ... what is this and what will be changing?

Originally Posted by Randy Petersen
.... such as the coming re-launch of FlyerTalk with new features on Sept. 2
Old Aug 20, 2008, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Correct me if I am wrong, I believe we should at least be able to see the following:

1. test forums supporting graphics:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=830164

2. forum re-engineering/streaming:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=822782

3. (Hopefully) improvement in Search function (see Search Problems Thread here):
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=819533
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=822896
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/annou...hp?f=386&a=248

4. Maybe no more slowness or timeout?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=775117

5. mobile FlyerTalk:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=849721

6. Randy's big decisions:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=791049
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...87&postcount=2
Old Aug 20, 2008, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Randy, will FlyerTalk will have temporarily down for while. Its will be installion new feature. What kinds of new designed for graphics? Can you please clarifying something to me. If I am not aware one of new feature will be improvable. Do you have anything else more specific information with entire FlyerTalk will be relaunched new site. I'm sure if I will be patience if you can hear from me. Its will be changeable new feature designed. Its will be absolutely wonderful to see brand new future of FlyerTalk. I think this is such very good idea for me. Its will be great opportunity for members will changed new feature for every forums. Hopefully if you will able figure out more new FlyerTalk. Thanks, Randy.

Regards
Old Aug 21, 2008, 10:09 am
Founder of FlyerTalk

some of the things that lin821 mentions above. We'll have in place those test forums for graphics, perhaps a few streamlined forums, a new front end for FlyerTalk to de-clutter it, a few new features which i've been trying to get loaded up for as year now such as searchable PM, etc. Really just a point in time to catch up with all that we've wanted to do for some time. And there are some new member features available with the latest technology release, such as pre-set thread prefixes such as Question:, Seating:, Terminal:, Off-Topic:, etc., new picture galleries for members to use to upload their Do pictures, Trip Report pictures, etc., new member profile pages and the ability to create custom social groups, perhaps like the D.C. area and the Dallas area so it creates with technology, a better way to become "LocalTalk."

A few other things but most of all really getting caught up on far too many things that have been awaiting their time.

You'll get a full list of these things when we finally re-launch, but don't expect anything drastic. For you Search hounds, that's still the responsibility of Internet Brands and they continue to work on it with your input, the same as ramping up the Web site's speed and reliability.

Really just something to wait and see.

NOTE: i incorrectly referred to lin821 as lin832 giving the member a temporary promotion, but alas, was busted and have returned the reference here to lin821.

Originally Posted by GoingAway
I noticed one of Randy's posts mentioned the re deployment of Flyertalk.com coming on September 2nd ... what is this and what will be changing?

Last edited by Randy Petersen; Aug 21, 2008 at 11:22 am
Old Aug 21, 2008, 10:31 am

some of the things that lin832 mentions above. <snipe>

A few other things but most of all really getting caught up on far too many things that have been awaiting their time.
Good to know my guess is not too far off.

However, Randy, you just assigned me some "bonus" points to my FT handle. Would I have to use that new handle with the new FT in September? Even though I like bonus points but I love my original handle, lin821, better.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 11:20 am
Founder of FlyerTalk

Oh, didn't you get the email? A new policy. When you have a numeric value in your user name, the new re-launch includes a tool to add recent non-OMNI post count to that number. Thought it was a compromise but can see that members may want to keep their original user name the way it is. So, let me "redact" that since that's (redact) my word for the day!

Note to self: never confuse lin832 with lin821.

Originally Posted by lin821
Good to know my guess is not too far off.

However, Randy, you just assigned me some "bonus" points to my FT handle. Would I have to use that new handle with the new FT in September? Even though I like bonus points but I love my original handle, lin821, better.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

You'll get a full list of these things when we finally re-launch, but don't expect anything drastic. For you Search hounds, that's still the responsibility of Internet Brands and they continue to work on it with your input, the same as ramping up the Web site's speed and reliability
Thanks for the info, Randy; and thanks for delineating what HOM is providing vs IBB's responsibility. Let's hope they can address their issues to coincide with your release (I can hope, can't I?)
Old Aug 21, 2008, 12:45 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Originally Posted by GoingAway
Thanks for the info, Randy; and thanks for delineating what HOM is providing vs IBB's responsibility. Let's hope they can address their issues to coincide with your release (I can hope, can't I?)
Someone is a dreamer....
Old Aug 21, 2008, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh, didn't you get the email? A new policy. When you have a numeric value in your user name, the new re-launch includes a tool to add recent non-OMNI post count to that number. Thought it was a compromise but can see that members may want to keep their original user name the way it is. So, let me "redact" that since that's (redact) my word for the day!

Note to self: never confuse lin832 with lin821.
Randy, there is problems someone who boost up their post count from OMNI. They will be resetting the post count to zero. I doubt it for someone who used the posts from OMNI. You were disable the posts count by OMNI, am I correct? You will not able reactivated the post count back. Because it was too many members who useable the OMNI. This is not appropriate for members' behaviors who used the posts by OMNI. I disgreed with the OMNI. Because it was personal attacks against the member. I will continues where I am use with airlines. They need to be respectabilities for keep follows the rules. Hopefully if you will understandably from OMNI post count is disable. I'm sure if you will trustable where the members will given another chance to have reactivated the post count back. Thanks, Randy.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by N830MH
Randy, there is problems someone who boost up their post count from OMNI. They will be resetting the post count to zero. I doubt it for someone who used the posts from OMNI. You were disable the posts count by OMNI, am I correct? You will not able reactivated the post count back. Because it was too many members who useable the OMNI. This is not appropriate for members' behaviors who used the posts by OMNI. I disgreed with the OMNI. Because it was personal attacks against the member. I will continues where I am use with airlines. They need to be respectabilities for keep follows the rules. Hopefully if you will understandably from OMNI post count is disable. I'm sure if you will trustable where the members will given another chance to have reactivated the post count back. Thanks, Randy.
The change was instituted not that long ago to no longer count OMNI posts so I believe your request has already been granted.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by N830MH
I am not sure if you can see the smileys (emoticons) in ALS from our posts. You took our humor too seriously. I think you misunderstood the joking between Randy and me.

All it started with a simple typo of my FT handle by Randy. The last two digit of my handle are 21 but Randy made a mistake and fat fingered them as 32, hence creating a new non-existing FT handle lin832. Just like if someone might have a typo of your handle and turn it into N849MH, when you are actually N830MH.

In our FT spirit of points and miles, I was teasing Randy for those extra number in my FT username as bonus points. Randy humored me back with the joking promotion and email of non-OMNI counts. BTW, both promotion and email never happened.

When Randy referred to "redact" my number, he was actually admitting his quick finger and had gone back to his original post and gave me back my true FT handle, lin821. Hope this straight things out for you.

I am sure Randy is still too young to have Alzheimer's disease and forget about no count on OMNI post.

ps. For the record, I am joking about the forgetfulness of Randy in my last sentence.
Old Sep 2, 2008, 10:42 am

Talking September 2, 2008: Are We There Yet?

I thought Randy mentioned today is the day for relaunch of FT.

My eyesight must been getting very bad since I simply can't figure out how different FT is this morning.

Have FT relaunched yet?

I don't think it's just a coincidence that FT picked the same date to relaunch! Are we going to do it like Google Chrome (having a press conference at 11:00 PDT and make the announcement)?

What time are we going to have this "event"?
Old Sep 2, 2008, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by lin821
I thought Randy mentioned today is the day for relaunch of FT.

My eyesight must been getting very bad since I simply can't figure out how different FT is this morning.

Have FT relaunched yet?

I don't think it's just a coincidence that FT picked the same date to relaunch! Are we going to do it like Google Chrome (having a press conference at 11:00 PDT and make the announcement)?

What time are we going to have this "event"?
The relaunch is actually scheduled for Sep. 4, but even that is a tentative date. Needless to say, we're going to make every effort to dot the "i"s and cross the "t"s before the upgraded version is launched.

Glad to see there's some interest though
Old Sep 2, 2008, 12:49 pm

Are We Going to See an Official Announcement?

Originally Posted by Mikel at Webflyer
The relaunch is actually scheduled for Sep. 4, but even that is a tentative date. ....

Mikel,

That's a smart move! Not to have it on the same day as the Giant so Google won't steal all the thunder from FT!

You have no idea how many small talks about the relaunch have been going on among FTers!

Seriously though, is it possible to have an official announcement once the relaunch date has been finalized? I guess Randy was too excited and let the cat out of the bag too soon when he leaked the "unconfirmed" date of 9/2/08.

TIA.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mikel at Webflyer
The relaunch is actually scheduled for Sep. 4, but even that is a tentative date. Needless to say, we're going to make every effort to dot the "i"s and cross the "t"s before the upgraded version is launched.

Thanks for your clarifications about FlyerTalk will be relauching by tomorrow. What about FlyerTalk will have temporarily down for while, am I correct? What about official announcement for members will have brand newest feature. I'm sure Randy Petersen will requested for big annoucement by FlyerTalk. Are you absolutely sure about FlyerTalk will be changed? I think its sound of logical choice will be absolutely wonderful for me. Are you will able FlyerTalk to have temporarily down for site maintenance?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.